UK Mail

On 8/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, bert bloggs said:

Out of Thailand was great we sent them on 30/7/2020 arrived in England(my sister in laws) yesterday ,while my daughter sent us a parcel on 30/7/2020 ,by ems ,1/8/2020 left Uk, thats it ,nothing heard since ,no updates on tracking .

has anyone ever had this problem? still nothing ,just that its left the UK ,

On 8/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, bert bloggs said:

Out of Thailand was great we sent them on 30/7/2020 arrived in England(my sister in laws) yesterday ,while my daughter sent us a parcel on 30/7/2020 ,by ems ,1/8/2020 left Uk, thats it ,nothing heard since ,no updates on tracking .

Did you send by registered mail or regular airmail? I need to send some birthday cards, usually when I send them around this time of year, it's 70 baht or something and under 15 days. 

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Did you send by registered mail or regular airmail? I need to send some birthday cards, usually when I send them around this time of year, it's 70 baht or something and under 15 days. 

always send recorded ,so it can be tracked, but did not have a problem sending from Thailand ,although as i said ,the one to N Ireland would have had to go by boat ,but just sent it to the sister in law and she ,put the N Ireland address on it and posted it from England .

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, surat04 said:

Posted a letter from the UK on 17 July using tracked & signed. It finally got to its destination today. Before Covid it was never more than 7 days.

yes got one a few weeks ago ,took about 14 days ,but this one just not showing up ,just shows left UK on the 1st ,nothing on track and trace over here,as of now

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

yes got one a few weeks ago ,took about 14 days ,but this one just not showing up ,just shows left UK on the 1st ,nothing on track and trace over here,as of now

My letter needed 22 days before it tracked as arrived at Lak Si mail center!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, CorpusChristie said:

You could send it by post ?

Thinking about it though.................theres no other way of doing it 

there is, UPS or DHL, but expensive for such a weight.  Post by sea would be cheapest, but longer.  

Sent 2 letters 'lohng tabien' from Thailand > UK on 13/6.

Letter 1; Left Thai 17/6, Arr. UK. 15/7, Del. 16/7. >>> 29 days in transit.

Letter 2; Left Thai 16/6, Arr. UK 7/8, Del. 10/8. >>> 53 days in transit.

Looks like there are long holdups while in transit from one country to the next.

22 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

left uk 1/8/2020 still not arrived Thailand, god knows where it is,never known anythingtakethis long

Seems like it is getting worse.

I think your letter has arrived, it just hasn't been processed in BKK.

I phoned the Royal Mail and they confirmed my last package had left the UK but it took 22 days to track as arrived.

Seems like they just leave them to sit for 3 weeks. Maybe new Covid procedure?

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

left uk 1/8/2020 still not arrived Thailand, god knows where it is,never known anythingtakethis long

I had a letter arrive Monday that had been posted in the UK on 4th July.

Had 3 different franked post dates on it........

• Thanks 1
On 8/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, surat04 said:

I thought it was getting better. Just received another package, 10 days door to door. Not bad.

Screenshot_20200829-152525__01.jpg

Just got a letter from Nationwide dated the 26th Aug received on 1st Sept ordinary mail so if anything to go by and not a one off back to normal, or as my Thai wife would say "back to norman"

On 8/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, bert bloggs said:

Well its now been 31 days and my ems packet from England just shows 1/8/2020 

overseas uk ,export from outbound international exchange office , and thats it ,any ideas?

Having had no mail for at least two months I went up to the post office yesterday morning. They produced half a dozen items, some dating back to April. I used to think the Thai Post Office was quite efficient, but now they're totally unreliable.

• Thanks 1