UK Amazon echo with unlimited music in thailand

sidjameson

In UK right now, have discovered Amazon prime....tv, movies and unlimited music for a bargain £8 monthly.

Bought a echo speaker for the music.

Will the echo speaker work in Thailand if I take it? Is there any similar package in Thailand?

If not Amazon then any other cheap all the music you want deal?

Yes, your Amazon echo will work in Thailand.  make sure you have the app on your phone so you can re-establish them here with your wifi.  I have 1 echo and 2 echo dots here and they are in different bedrooms, with the echo in the living room here in Bangkok.  I even bought a few Harmon Kardon onyx speakers and have them all linked.

My Amazon account is billed through the US where I brought them from, and I have a prime account my kids share.  Easy to also watch movies on the Samsung Smart TV through the Prime app on the TV.

1595254962440671978697678254867.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

10 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

Thanks so much....

Stupid question, but do those speakers need an amp or they just run from the echo?

They just run off of Bluetooth and are linked to the echo. Powered from a wall socket.

5 hours ago, Stocky said:

I have an Echo Dot 3 bought from the UK which works fine over here. I don't have a Prime account, but for music it works fine with my Spotify account.

How much is Spotify? Did you sign up in Thailand? 

Many thanks.

18 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

How much is Spotify? Did you sign up in Thailand? 

Many thanks.

Yes signed up via my AIS account, it's Bht 139 a month. Basic Spotify is free, but only Spotify Premium will link with the Echo Dot.

I've been impressed with Spotify, it works across my mobile, the echo dot, my Win10 laptop and my Linux desktop, I think it great value for money.

Edited by Stocky