Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

Just thought I would add some info to this topic, my wife’s friend who is a Thai national has just returned from the UK and arrived in Thailand on the 20th July and has been placed under state quarantine in a hotel in Pattaya. She has been on the phone to her in tears at the treatment she has been put under from arrival in BKK to the transportation to state quarantine.

She explained to her that she has been locked in her room with poor A/C and is not allowed to open the window for ventilation despite having a few other medical issues.
     Contact is only at meal times and basic request are all but denied. While this might be an isolated case it is worth bearing in mind that those “spouses” of a Thai nationals or even a Thai nationals as in this case, that are thinking of returning to Thailand and are currently suffering any other underlying medical conditions may reconsider as two weeks locked inside a room with possibly poor ventilation might be a very unpleasant experience.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

OP, I have been awaiting replies to your thread. Thinking some first hand accounts of the whole process would be very interesting. Including the quarantine experience.

Hopefully some reports will arrive. 

14 days in a hotel room can't be too busy.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

She explained to her that she has been locked in her room with poor A/C and is not allowed to open the window for ventilation despite having a few other medical issues.

Could you please elaborate in more details on what she meant under "poor A/C".

Poor temperature control?

Poor air quality? (e.g. recirculated air, smells)

Or something else?

I've seen quite a few reports on the ASQ hotels not allowing to open windows.

Sounds like a standard policy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
7 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

Just thought I would add some info to this topic, my wife’s friend who is a Thai national has just returned from the UK and arrived in Thailand on the 20th July and has been placed under state quarantine in a hotel in Pattaya. She has been on the phone to her in tears at the treatment she has been put under from arrival in BKK to the transportation to state quarantine.

Contact is only at meal times and basic request are all but denied. While this might be an isolated case it is worth bearing in mind that those “spouses” of a Thai nationals or even a Thai nationals as in this case, that are thinking of returning to Thailand and are currently suffering any other underlying medical conditions may reconsider as two weeks locked inside a room with possibly poor ventilation might be a very unpleasant experience.

I somewhat suspected the free state quarantine would be something like that. For foreigners, using the Alternative to State Quarantine, and paying from the privilege, I doubt it will be quite so awful. At least, insofar as rooms are available, you will have the option of choosing your own hotel. It would be wise for wealthy returning Thais to choose ASQ also.

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For foreigners, using the Alternative to State Quarantine, and paying from the privilege, I doubt it will be quite so awful.

I haven't seen one report as yet. 

I would like to see report along with pics of  3 square meals per day. Yummy.

What's the going rate for bottle of sangsom to room. In Melbourne you can get more but that hasn't worked out very well.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was offered a repatriation flight from LHR to BKK (only £2500 business class available). I paid the Airline directly for the flight (bank transfer).

An excellent report!

How much was the economy ticket on the same flight?

• Like 1