Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To answer scorecard - If Thailand wants tourism, they have to do away with the Quarantine or may ask tourists to remain at their resort and arrivals to self quarantine at home - Covid-19 checks before departure and on arrival would identify most cases, of course, cases of imported Covid-19 would still slip through the gaps - thats the risk they take, if the government is willing to take such a risk. 

As hotandsticky mentioned, they may not do away with the quarantine requirement throughout 2020. 

No one knows.

All good points and whether it's a good move or not it won't surprise me if quarantine goes so that they can strongly wind up tourism. 

So I wonder if we will see some 'innovative' rework of tests e.g. passengers must go to departure airport earlier for full test with fast reports and reports are e.mailed (or whatever) to the arrival airport for action if needed, plus full test on arrival (using new tests with 1 hour report, and there's another new test claiming to have quality results in 20 minutes) and passengers held until test reports are available and revealed. 

And perhaps someone creative can design a never dreamed of before real alternative to 14 days quarantine.

As above, I'm suspecting there is enormous and powerful pressure on the government to get tourism restarted and quick. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

On 7/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, vision said:

I used a company called Insubuy: https://www.insubuy.com/

Whoever you get you will need to ensure they will give you a letter that will explicitly say that it covers Covid and the amount of 100K USD.

The below list was offered to me by an agent (Bernard) at the LA Consulate:

Health Insurance Policy Requirement (Statement must show the following)

1. Must provide coverage of at least $100,000US

2. Must indicate coverage includes COVID-19 treatment(s)

3. Must indicate policy provides coverage in Thailand

4. Must be valid for the duration of your stay

-----------------------------------------------

The following is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular company. The information only serves as a sample of companies which were used by other applicants. The information in parentheses pertains to whether or not the companies were able to provide a statement showing acceptable proof of coverage meeting the requirements above.

Allianz Care (statement did not specify coverage amount, COVID-19 coverage, coverage in Thailand, and duration of coverage)

Trawick International (statement met requirements)

Seven Corners (statement met requirements)

Thai Setakij Insurance Public Company Ltd. (Thai company) (statement met requirements but the company might not issue the policy for the duration of your stay as required)

Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL (Thai company)

GeoBlue Travel Insurance (statement met requirements)

TripMate – World Nomads (statement did not specify COVID-19 coverage or confirm coverage in Thailand)

AIG Travel Guard (policy does not state COVID-19 coverage)

AETNA (applicants report it is difficult to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Kaiser (applicants report it is difficult if to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Edited July 10 by vision

A warning:

I spoke to Trawick International directly.  I explained that I was moving to Thailand and needed insurance to cover the 90 days that my Non-Imm O visa would be valid.  When they heard that I was unlikely to return (to USA) they refused to sell me coverage.  Their most suitable policy in terms of coverage and duration is for travellers.  I would not qualify for that policy if I'm moving.  I would suggest that anyone needing a COVID policy does not tell them you won't be returning home.

• Thanks 1
On 7/25/2020 at 2:59 PM, scorecard said:

Your paragraph: " A total and complete guess is that regular passenger flights are permitted to fly into Thailand again by September and Passengers are required to have a Covid-19 Test (negative) and Insurance covering Covid-19 (which will need to be checked at check-in and immigration upon arrival)." You didn't mention quarantine, are you meaning that if commercial flights resume in September (or whatever month) then quarantine will be dropped? 

If your waiting for the cheap low cost, low restrictions window to be flung open you may (just my total and complete guess but based on watching trends in Thailand for 18 years) be in for a long wait.

We have seen the 4 classes of foreigners who are allowed in under a long ruleset.   VIP card holders will no doubt get next crack, but my expectation is that as long as there is demand to fill the ASQ hotels this component will not go away until after new year.  If anything, I would expect to see more hotels added at the higher end of the ASQ spectrum as that makes most financial sense and would be more appropriate for VIP card holders, medical tourists, and the shopping/spa set.  

It's not my ideal situation but I think those in charge are going to want to ensure that the "quality" tourists get in before anyone else and that is measured by how much you spend.  Keep in mind, if they can keep the infection rates as low as they have so far that alone would be reason to charge a premium never mind the fact that the islands and beaches may be able to recover from exploitation to some degree.

• Like 1

I wonder if something like this will happen in LOS:

Three Vietnamese visitors escaped from a government-run coronavirus quarantine facility in Gimpo just outside of Seoul on Monday. 

According to police, the three appear to have climbed down an emergency fire rope.

I have read the ASQ facilities in Korea are nice??  

15 minutes ago, jasonr3255 said:

Anybody under quarantine hit day 5/6/7 and allowed to leave the room to use other hotel facilities ? Names of those hotels would be helpful

thanks

I took the test day 3 and was told i'll be allowed to access the top floor terrace day 6, which is tomorrow. Not sure about gym and pool. Hotel Solaria Ni<deleted>etsu. 

47 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I took the test day 3 and was told i'll be allowed to access the top floor terrace day 6, which is tomorrow. Not sure about gym and pool. Hotel Solaria Ni<deleted>etsu. 

Thanks for the reply 👍

Richard Smith 237 or Vision or Snip the Cat, or anyone else in qurantine,

I believe you must be almost finished with your 14 days of ASQ. After day 5 or 6, were you allowed out of your rooms for a short break if you tested negative? And if you have finished your quarantines, how do the authorities work the last day? Do they give you some sort of certificate stating you've completed your quarantine? Did they let you out in the morning or wait until the 12 o'clock check out?

In my case, I start my quarantine on the 21 st of Aug and when through will need to book a flight from DMK to the northeast and would be nice to book that flight a day or 2 before departure in order to save a little on the cost of the ticket, as opposed to buying it 2 hours before departure. Therefore the reason for the question, when did you know that you were clear to leave?

So, you had a covid test on day 5 or 6 and another on day 12? Were you given the results of day 12 within 24 hours, or did they wait to tell you until the last day?

Thank all of you for posting the very useful information of your experiences.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, scorecard said:

Thanks for all of that, in fact I need to take it a bit slowly to get all the documents in place (at 75 yo, with war related PTSD and panic issues I know well to do things slowly).

But I do need need to enter Thailand by 17 Nov 2020 - the expiry date of my current PR re-entry stamp. I'm aware of the 12 months extension of this but another poster has mentioned that Thai Imm. is insisting PR holders must come home as quickly as possible under the repat. arrangements etc.

Would you please share if you got an economy seat on Emirates and the cost of the ticket.

One more, are you aware whether the Emirates trip starts in Bkk and the return flight Sydney to Bkk. is the repat, flight Sydney to Bkk. In other words the start point of the whole trip is Bkk?

Thanks again, great sharing and I do appreciate it.

WOULD YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM MESSAGES, THANKS.

Hi Scorecard, I am also a fellow PR holder on the same boat as you. My Re entry Permit expires on 6th November. I am also aware of the 12 month extension. I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger. If you or any other PR holder gets a confirmed update on the 12 month grace period for PR holder, please let me know.

26 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

Hi Scorecard, I am also a fellow PR holder on the same boat as you. My Re entry Permit expires on 6th November. I am also aware of the 12 month extension. I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger. If you or any other PR holder gets a confirmed update on the 12 month grace period for PR holder, please let me know.

Nice points.

I believe your sentence:

"I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger."

hits a very critical point because I've read (as you probably have) that the 12 months extension words have been adjusted to say 'but must come back when possible' or words to that effect.

Immigration will obviously be aware that the Gov't has indicated that PR holders, work permit holders and more can now join repatriation flights.

My worry is:

- A PR holder who waits until say 17 August 2021 (my case - 17 Nov plus 9 months)

- 17 August is just an arbitrary date assuming a scenario where several items have changed, e,g:

- A vaccine has been approved and massive numbers of folks have been vaccinated globally,

- International flights are operating and quarantine has finished.

But maybe on arrival Thai Immigration might say 'but you could have joined a repat. flight months ago, so your outside of the 12 months extension. 

My only arguing points would be:

'- I'm 75 years old and it's well proven people 65 years old and older are more at risk of getting Covid 19 and dying.

- I'm in a wheelchair making it more difficult to do quarantine,

So I waited until the situation is much improved but I'm inside the 12 months extension rule.

But I'm not so confident these arguments would be accepted. 

I'm going to call the immigration hotline on Friday to see if I can get a clear answer of these points. I'll share whatever happens.

Edited by scorecard
3 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Think it depends on the hotel.

I am at the Movenpick and I had to take a COVID test on day 1 (the day of landing in BKK being day 0), and then they let me out into the garden to wag my tail from day 2, once a day for 45 minutes. I choose the slot the day before each day.

My final COVID test will be on day 13, with the results on day 14. I get let out to run around BKK on day 15.

Short answer to your question is you only really get confirmation that you are negative on the final day, and you leave the next after one final sleep.

Whether you can book in advance depends on how sure you are that you'll be COVID negative. You could book 24 hours in advance after getting your final negative test.

Thank you PatrickC. Good to know.

12 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

Richard Smith 237 or Vision or Snip the Cat, or anyone else in qurantine,

I believe you must be almost finished with your 14 days of ASQ. After day 5 or 6, were you allowed out of your rooms for a short break if you tested negative? And if you have finished your quarantines, how do the authorities work the last day? Do they give you some sort of certificate stating you've completed your quarantine? Did they let you out in the morning or wait until the 12 o'clock check out?

In my case, I start my quarantine on the 21 st of Aug and when through will need to book a flight from DMK to the northeast and would be nice to book that flight a day or 2 before departure in order to save a little on the cost of the ticket, as opposed to buying it 2 hours before departure. Therefore the reason for the question, when did you know that you were clear to leave?

So, you had a covid test on day 5 or 6 and another on day 12? Were you given the results of day 12 within 24 hours, or did they wait to tell you until the last day?

Thank all of you for posting the very useful information of your experiences.

As PatrickC said, ASQs have different rules.  I stay at Solaria Ni<deleted>etsu, have 4 days left to go. First C19 test is day 4, if negative you're allowed upp the roof top terrace. However for me, the view from the room is much more important to prevent insanity.. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Nice points.

I believe your sentence:

"I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger."

hits a very critical point because I've read (as you probably have) that the 12 months extension words have been adjusted to say 'but must come back when possible' or words to that effect.

Immigration will obviously be aware that the Gov't has indicated that PR holders, work permit holders and more can now join repatriation flights.

My worry is:

- A PR holder who waits until say 17 August 2021 (my case - 17 Nov plus 9 months)

- 17 August is just an arbitrary date assuming a scenario where several items have changed, e,g:

- A vaccine has been approved and massive numbers of folks have been vaccinated globally,

- International flights are operating and quarantine has finished.

But maybe on arrival Thai Immigration might say 'but you could have joined a repat. flight months ago, so your outside of the 12 months extension. 

My only arguing points would be:

'- I'm 75 years old and it's well proven people 65 years old and older are more at risk of getting Covid 19 and dying.

- I'm in a wheelchair making it more difficult to do quarantine,

So I waited until the situation is much improved but I'm inside the 12 months extension rule.

But I'm not so confident these arguments would be accepted. 

I'm going to call the immigration hotline on Friday to see if I can get a clear answer of these points. I'll share whatever happens.

My worry is exactly the same as yours, i.e. the words added to the 12 month extension that you must come back as soon as possible. I'll PM you as well so please share with me the news after you get to talk with immigration on Friday.