Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

Richard Smith 237 or Vision or Snip the Cat, or anyone else in qurantine,

I believe you must be almost finished with your 14 days of ASQ. After day 5 or 6, were you allowed out of your rooms for a short break if you tested negative? And if you have finished your quarantines, how do the authorities work the last day? Do they give you some sort of certificate stating you've completed your quarantine? Did they let you out in the morning or wait until the 12 o'clock check out?

In my case, I start my quarantine on the 21 st of Aug and when through will need to book a flight from DMK to the northeast and would be nice to book that flight a day or 2 before departure in order to save a little on the cost of the ticket, as opposed to buying it 2 hours before departure. Therefore the reason for the question, when did you know that you were clear to leave?

So, you had a covid test on day 5 or 6 and another on day 12? Were you given the results of day 12 within 24 hours, or did they wait to tell you until the last day?

Thank all of you for posting the very useful information of your experiences.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

I believe you must be almost finished with your 14 days of ASQ. After day 5 or 6, were you allowed out of your rooms for a short break if you tested negative? And if you have finished your quarantines, how do the authorities work the last day? Do they give you some sort of certificate stating you've completed your quarantine? Did they let you out in the morning or wait until the 12 o'clock check out?

In my case, I start my quarantine on the 21 st of Aug and when through will need to book a flight from DMK to the northeast and would be nice to book that flight a day or 2 before departure in order to save a little on the cost of the ticket, as opposed to buying it 2 hours before departure. Therefore the reason for the question, when did you know that you were clear to leave?

So, you had a covid test on day 5 or 6 and another on day 12? Were you given the results of day 12 within 24 hours, or did they wait to tell you until the last day?

Think it depends on the hotel.

I am at the Movenpick and I had to take a COVID test on day 1 (the day of landing in BKK being day 0), and then they let me out into the garden to wag my tail from day 2, once a day for 45 minutes. I choose the slot the day before each day.

My final COVID test will be on day 13, with the results on day 14. I get let out to run around BKK on day 15.

Short answer to your question is you only really get confirmation that you are negative on the final day, and you leave the next after one final sleep.

Whether you can book in advance depends on how sure you are that you'll be COVID negative. You could book 24 hours in advance after getting your final negative test.

Edited by PatrickC
  • Like 1
On 7/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, scorecard said:

Thanks for all of that, in fact I need to take it a bit slowly to get all the documents in place (at 75 yo, with war related PTSD and panic issues I know well to do things slowly).

But I do need need to enter Thailand by 17 Nov 2020 - the expiry date of my current PR re-entry stamp. I'm aware of the 12 months extension of this but another poster has mentioned that Thai Imm. is insisting PR holders must come home as quickly as possible under the repat. arrangements etc.

Would you please share if you got an economy seat on Emirates and the cost of the ticket.

One more, are you aware whether the Emirates trip starts in Bkk and the return flight Sydney to Bkk. is the repat, flight Sydney to Bkk. In other words the start point of the whole trip is Bkk?

Thanks again, great sharing and I do appreciate it.

WOULD YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM MESSAGES, THANKS.

Hi Scorecard, I am also a fellow PR holder on the same boat as you. My Re entry Permit expires on 6th November. I am also aware of the 12 month extension. I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger. If you or any other PR holder gets a confirmed update on the 12 month grace period for PR holder, please let me know.

26 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

Hi Scorecard, I am also a fellow PR holder on the same boat as you. My Re entry Permit expires on 6th November. I am also aware of the 12 month extension. I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger. If you or any other PR holder gets a confirmed update on the 12 month grace period for PR holder, please let me know.

Nice points.

I believe your sentence:

"I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger."

hits a very critical point because I've read (as you probably have) that the 12 months extension words have been adjusted to say 'but must come back when possible' or words to that effect.

Immigration will obviously be aware that the Gov't has indicated that PR holders, work permit holders and more can now join repatriation flights.

My worry is:

- A PR holder who waits until say 17 August 2021 (my case - 17 Nov plus 9 months)

- 17 August is just an arbitrary date assuming a scenario where several items have changed, e,g:

- A vaccine has been approved and massive numbers of folks have been vaccinated globally,

- International flights are operating and quarantine has finished.

But maybe on arrival Thai Immigration might say 'but you could have joined a repat. flight months ago, so your outside of the 12 months extension. 

My only arguing points would be:

'- I'm 75 years old and it's well proven people 65 years old and older are more at risk of getting Covid 19 and dying.

- I'm in a wheelchair making it more difficult to do quarantine,

So I waited until the situation is much improved but I'm inside the 12 months extension rule.

But I'm not so confident these arguments would be accepted. 

I'm going to call the immigration hotline on Friday to see if I can get a clear answer of these points. I'll share whatever happens.

Edited by scorecard
3 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Think it depends on the hotel.

I am at the Movenpick and I had to take a COVID test on day 1 (the day of landing in BKK being day 0), and then they let me out into the garden to wag my tail from day 2, once a day for 45 minutes. I choose the slot the day before each day.

My final COVID test will be on day 13, with the results on day 14. I get let out to run around BKK on day 15.

Short answer to your question is you only really get confirmation that you are negative on the final day, and you leave the next after one final sleep.

Whether you can book in advance depends on how sure you are that you'll be COVID negative. You could book 24 hours in advance after getting your final negative test.

Thank you PatrickC. Good to know.

5 minutes ago, Bobsuruncle said:

Thank you PatrickC. Good to know.

The day 1 test result came through very early on day 2 - again it might depend on the hotel but hopefully your day 14 test result will come through quite early so you have the day to plan your departure from BKK on day 15.

Or you risk it and hope you are negative and book a flight anyway in advance.

But I seriously doubt flights will be full at the moment.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

As PatrickC said, ASQs have different rules.  I stay at Solaria Ni<deleted>etsu, have 4 days left to go. First C19 test is day 4, if negative you're allowed upp the roof top terrace. However for me, the view from the room is much more important to prevent insanity.. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Nice points.

I believe your sentence:

"I wouldn't want to travel under these circustance unless there's a confirmed news that my PR is in danger."

hits a very critical point because I've read (as you probably have) that the 12 months extension words have been adjusted to say 'but must come back when possible' or words to that effect.

Immigration will obviously be aware that the Gov't has indicated that PR holders, work permit holders and more can now join repatriation flights.

My worry is:

- A PR holder who waits until say 17 August 2021 (my case - 17 Nov plus 9 months)

- 17 August is just an arbitrary date assuming a scenario where several items have changed, e,g:

- A vaccine has been approved and massive numbers of folks have been vaccinated globally,

- International flights are operating and quarantine has finished.

But maybe on arrival Thai Immigration might say 'but you could have joined a repat. flight months ago, so your outside of the 12 months extension. 

My only arguing points would be:

'- I'm 75 years old and it's well proven people 65 years old and older are more at risk of getting Covid 19 and dying.

- I'm in a wheelchair making it more difficult to do quarantine,

So I waited until the situation is much improved but I'm inside the 12 months extension rule.

But I'm not so confident these arguments would be accepted. 

I'm going to call the immigration hotline on Friday to see if I can get a clear answer of these points. I'll share whatever happens.

My worry is exactly the same as yours, i.e. the words added to the 12 month extension that you must come back as soon as possible. I'll PM you as well so please share with me the news after you get to talk with immigration on Friday.

Hello guys,

to all of you who are in or have completed quarantine:

- did any of these luxurious hotels have a nice gym?

- if yes, how long were you allowed to use it and from what day on?

- Can you open the window to get some fresh air? Asking this because I had some bad hotels before where I could not open the window and found it very uncomfortable

- I book ASQ in order to get the repatriation flight, but what happens if the airline cancels or postpones the flight? Who pays for my ASQ hotel now? The airline because it is their fault?

Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, cerox said:

- I book ASQ in order to get the repatriation flight, but what happens if the airline cancels or postpones the flight? Who pays for my ASQ hotel now? The airline because it is their fault?

With repatriation, flight cancellation basically cannot happen, even if the airline files for bankruptcy, a confirmed repatriation flight will be operated. A flight delay is always possible, but is unlikely to be for more than a few hours (barring something like airspace closed due to volcanic ash or something).

7 hours ago, cerox said:

Hello guys,

to all of you who are in or have completed quarantine:

- did any of these luxurious hotels have a nice gym?

- if yes, how long were you allowed to use it and from what day on?

- Can you open the window to get some fresh air? Asking this because I had some bad hotels before where I could not open the window and found it very uncomfortable

Thank you for your help.

I am at the Movenpick. No gym. However you can take a daily walk from day 2 (post your day 1 covid test) for 45 minutes. You can't jog but the walk can be quite brisk. It is a decent sized garden so you can do a good circuit. The room is also big enough for body weight exercises in the room.

Movenpick rooms have balconies, which is why I chose it. Between the garden and balcony it is very ok.

Hotel cancellation policies depend on each hotel. For the Movenpick you can cancel if there is any problem getting the COE/visa etc. The airline won't cancel, as another post pointed out - these flights are guaranteed as they are effectively chartered by the embassy.

18 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

I am at the Movenpick. No gym. However you can take a daily walk from day 2 (post your day 1 covid test) for 45 minutes. You can't jog but the walk can be quite brisk. It is a decent sized garden so you can do a good circuit. The room is also big enough for body weight exercises in the room.

Movenpick rooms have balconies, which is why I chose it. Between the garden and balcony it is very ok.

Hotel cancellation policies depend on each hotel. For the Movenpick you can cancel if there is any problem getting the COE/visa etc. The airline won't cancel, as another post pointed out - these flights are guaranteed as they are effectively chartered by the embassy.

Hey Patrick,

Can you kindly post a picture of the menu and food choices they offer?

I recall reading somewhere in amongst the 200+ posts in this thread that fresh food is not allowed?

Do you have any options of fruit or salad at your hotel?

By the way thanks for sharing your experiences, it helps a lot.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, phetchy said:

Looks like what you see is not necessarily what you get.  The Grand Center Point looks very welcoming - but I doubt if it's any fun having 5* facilities on your doorstep but not being allowed to leave your room for a beer.  It makes State quarantine look like a bargain.  It even seems to be more "inmate" friendly.  As it's free for Thais this might be a good opportunity to test the so called abolition of "dual pricing" for Thais and Farangs using the same facility - No way Somchai. 

quarantine

noun

A strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease.