Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

I am staying at the Grand Center Point Terminal 21 at Asoke. (Day 5 so far) 

Very nice place and good food but I think rules are harder here then other ASQ's and there are 3 corona tests total. 

I think the rules must be pretty standard, i was at the Amara and likewise it was very strict.

I know someone that's booked in where you are for the start of November so glad to hear it's ok - thx.

• Like 1

Arrived today in Thailand and booked the Royal Suite Hotel Bangkok before. To my great surprise the shuttle bus brought me to the partner hospital (Bangkok International) not the hotel. After asking for the reason I was told because I'm 60 years old. Have to stay here for one night. Tomorrow they bring me to the hotel.

I stopped reading the various threads some weeks ago, so I'm not sure if this happened to someone else.

Besides: Yesterday the Bangkok Hospital called my Thai wife and wanted she confirmed a termin for me. Of course yesterday we didn't know anything and thought they made a mistake. They had the phone number of my wife, because I had to stay here earlier this year.

@Lammbock

are you allowed to order in food and groceries (from outside vendors)?

And how is the room cleaning managed, do they have you leave the room for that?

Lastly how hard is the mattress?

(I'm collecting info in case I have to make an emergency trip out of the country)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

@Lammbock

are you allowed to order in food and groceries (from outside vendors)?

And how is the room cleaning managed, do they have you leave the room for that?

Lastly how hard is the mattress?

(I'm collecting info in case I have to make an emergency trip out of the country)

1. Not really but family and friends are allowed to bring you food, groceries and other stuff. like games, books etc. 

2. During room cleaning you have to leave the room and wait next door in a guest room where they set up a waiting area. 

3. The mattress is on the harder side which I do like. I sleep very well here every night. 

IMG_2466.thumb.jpeg.bcc8cf1123994d85579ed646067f02fe.jpeg

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Lammbock said:

1. Not really but family and friends are allowed to bring you food, groceries and other stuff. like games, books etc. 

2. During room cleaning you have to leave the room and wait next door in a guest room where they set up a waiting area. 

3. The mattress is on the harder side which I do like. I sleep very well here every night. 

IMG_2466.thumb.jpeg.bcc8cf1123994d85579ed646067f02fe.jpeg

Thanks

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Lammbock said:

Here at Grand Center Point Terminal 21 you are permitted to leave the room ONLY after the 2nd Covid test which is on th 7th day. So on the 8th day you can go down to the outdoor area. They have a gym, tennis court, putting green / mini golf and huge relaxation area. 

I read that other ASQ's allow their guest to leave the room after the first corona test within the first three days. 

So that might be hard to take for some people. 

Indeed I am looking forward to Monday where I will be allowed to leave the room for some activities. 

I was allowed out my room after 1st CV test, this was on day #5.

Not many hotel facilities open, gym and pool off limits. Only had rooftop seating area which was ok to get out the room for an hour or so in the morning and afternoon. Are you sure all the facilities there are open?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I was allowed out my room after 1st CV test, this was on day #5.

Not many hotel facilities open, gym and pool off limits. Only had rooftop seating area which was ok to get out the room for an hour or so in the morning and afternoon. Are you sure all the facilities there are open?

I am sure they are open. I mean why would their advetise it if it isn't?

On the LINE App they regulary update what is going on and how to book.

IMG_2578.thumb.jpeg.ab1d7281a626fbaf0824ef77ea9bd8e7.jpeg

IMG_2579.thumb.jpeg.70919f387039b7728c16a832b857cdbc.jpeg

• Like 2

For deliveries. By that I mean of you had a family member or friend bring you a box of snacks or clothes or whatever. Is it searched or inspected at the hotel(s).

I am of course wondering how to get a bottle of whisky for my sundowner.

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

For deliveries. By that I mean of you had a family member or friend bring you a box of snacks or clothes or whatever. Is it searched or inspected at the hotel(s).

I am of course wondering how to get a bottle of whisky for my sundowner.

i bought a bottle at Heathrow, bags not searched ( wish i'd bought 2!! ).

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

When in ASQ I was allowed to order from GrabMart - no fresh food - just snacks (crisps etc)

This is what I am hearing from most places. &*^ if I can understand why, though.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

This is what I am hearing from most places. &*^ if I can understand why, though.

I think this is likely a policy of the hotels. They want to maximise their own restaurant revenues. If I was affected, it would annoy me.