Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

6 minutes ago, cerox said:

Thank you.

But I guess you use online booking platforms to see which ones are available, right? Then contact them for the ASQ package.

No - there is no link between availability shown online and ASQ availability. The online availability is from the hotel booking systems which are still taking bookings when they should not. ASQ availability is another thing.

You need to contact the ASQ hotels you might be interested in and check availability and book direct.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

On 7/24/2020 at 1:10 AM, JHicks said:

I think the £2500 he paid is pretty normal for a business class ticket from London, so I would think the economy tickets would be at normal prices too. I'd expected a huge mark up so that's good news. Whether you can get an economy ticket is obviously another matter. It's probably a question of how long you're prepared to wait. I'm hoping the ASQ bottleneck will get sorted out fairly quickly - you wouldn't think there'd be a problem signing up more hotels, and it looks like it's the availability of ASQ places that's driving the availability of flights.

An excellent report, as you say.

That's a typical price for a return ticket...these being offered at £2500 are one-way.

55 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

No - there is no link between availability shown online and ASQ availability. The online availability is from the hotel booking systems which are still taking bookings when they should not. ASQ availability is another thing.

You need to contact the ASQ hotels you might be interested in and check availability and book direct.

Thank you. It seems writing facebook messages to many of them once the details are known might be the fastest way.

9 minutes ago, cerox said:

Thank you. It seems writing facebook messages to many of them once the details are known might be the fastest way.

Not sure. I can tell you that the Movenpick, where I am staying, is very responsive to emails. I booked that way.

38 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's a typical price for a return ticket...these being offered at £2500 are one-way.

£2,500 return from London to Bangkok in business class? Doubt that. 

51 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Actually on Thai Inter its not bad. They were the most expensive business class airline flying my favourite route, b4 all this. I could not afford to fly them. Ti LHR they were 167,000 return and 110,000 one way in Feb. Compared to 80K return through Middle East or Finland.

Edited by MRToMRT
1 hour ago, PatrickC said:

Not sure. I can tell you that the Movenpick, where I am staying, is very responsive to emails. I booked that way.

Do you have a contact e-mail address?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, cerox said:

Thank you.

But I guess you use online booking platforms to see which ones are available, right? Then contact them for the ASQ package.

I sent 5-6 emails to each hotel. Then once I was happy I booked using the special ASQ link sent by the hotel. 
you can’t book rooms on AGODA or Booking.com etc. 
same with flights don’t book anything your self. The Embassy needs to be involved 

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

I sent 5-6 emails to each hotel. Then once I was happy I booked using the special ASQ link sent by the hotel. 
you can’t book rooms on AGODA or Booking.com etc. 
same with flights don’t book anything your self. The Embassy needs to be involved 

And if the flight/room are booked outside of the designated ASQ booking channels, you'll be stuck with cancelled invalid bookings and potential penalties and/or very lengthy refund process.

And then will have to start it all over again.

22 minutes ago, bolt said:

I’m flying in tomorrow morning. So I can join the gang. 

So you are making it. Well done. I am on day 4. A little boredom starting to set in but manageable for now. Weekend might be a little tough when I've no work to occupy myself.

When you land there are some musical chairs to be done at the airport - you shuffle between numerous chairs and queues. Just have your paperwork all ready when you land - you'll need it fairly quickly. The entire process moves pretty quick.

You'll likely be out of the airport within 30 minutes. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do the reservation directly with a ASQ hotel. After completing the  certificate of entry application the embassy will inform you when to do it after your flight is confirmed.

In case of repatriation under a work permit, the ASQ reservation has to be done after COE request approval and the embassy has a flight for you. (this was my case)

However.. in case of repatriation under marriage, the embassy requires an ASQ (flexible) booking at the deposit of the COE application, right now only few hotels accept a flexible ASQ booking, and there is no guarantee if/when you are approved and get a flight there will be availability at that date. My father is in that case... and the ASQ hotel where I am now told me they don't accept flexible booking, and they have received the directive this week not to accept any booking without a proof of air ticket from a thai embassy. the Embassy gave him 3 hotels that accept flexible booking, of course starting at 60k baht

18 hours ago, PatrickC said:

£2,500 return from London to Bangkok in business class? Doubt that. 

Used to be readily obtainable... discounted Biz Class like 'D' or 'I', but a full fare 'J' would be more.