Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

ticket 750 usd from europe  ow

3 tests in thailand and one required bfr departure

room state quarantaene good

food very poor

15 days stay there

cant go out door anywhere

very strict can only order dry food from shopping list

people can bring thing no fresh food get 6hrs later

IMG-20200809-WA0003.thumb.jpg.ee8b77470cd7686254050a67d1b42740.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0001.jpg

• Thanks 1
On 8/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, madhav said:

True, I imagine they would provide something if you explained the situation. 

I am actually in Thailand, have lived here for years on a Non-B visa. However I need to leave in Sept and plan to return back in Dec. I do hope by that point in time all this would have ended. ...

You are an optimist!

I needed to leave in July but did not and at this point just hoping to be able to go by next July.

I doubt there will be any change by December. If you are not married to a Thai I would reconsider your plan. And if you are, be ready for a lot of red tape, delays, and quarantine.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 12:59 AM, SnipTheCat said:

In case of repatriation under a work permit, the ASQ reservation has to be done after COE request approval and the embassy has a flight for you. (this was my case)

However.. in case of repatriation under marriage, the embassy requires an ASQ (flexible) booking at the deposit of the COE application, right now only few hotels accept a flexible ASQ booking, and there is no guarantee if/when you are approved and get a flight there will be availability at that date. My father is in that case... and the ASQ hotel where I am now told me they don't accept flexible booking, and they have received the directive this week not to accept any booking without a proof of air ticket from a thai embassy. the Embassy gave him 3 hotels that accept flexible booking, of course starting at 60k baht

That 60K was "per person"?

• 3 weeks later...

I am staying at the Grand Center Point Terminal 21 at Asoke. (Day 5 so far) 

Very nice place and good food but I think rules are harder here then other ASQ's and there are 3 corona tests total. 

1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

I am staying at the Grand Center Point Terminal 21 at Asoke. (Day 5 so far) 

Very nice place and good food but I think rules are harder here then other ASQ's and there are 3 corona tests total. 

I think the rules must be pretty standard, i was at the Amara and likewise it was very strict.

I know someone that's booked in where you are for the start of November so glad to hear it's ok - thx.

• Like 1

Arrived today in Thailand and booked the Royal Suite Hotel Bangkok before. To my great surprise the shuttle bus brought me to the partner hospital (Bangkok International) not the hotel. After asking for the reason I was told because I'm 60 years old. Have to stay here for one night. Tomorrow they bring me to the hotel.

I stopped reading the various threads some weeks ago, so I'm not sure if this happened to someone else.

Besides: Yesterday the Bangkok Hospital called my Thai wife and wanted she confirmed a termin for me. Of course yesterday we didn't know anything and thought they made a mistake. They had the phone number of my wife, because I had to stay here earlier this year.

I am at the MAPLE Hotel - Nice to sit out on the small balcony and have my breakfast .. Good food - Can pick from a menu. (even a menu for vegetarians) - 2 temp test every day - done at the door .. knock knock .. open door .. temp test ... One initial visit with a doc on day 2 I think it was. He listen to your back .. breathing ok ..   C-19 test was also done at the door - First test negative one more to go.  No complaints at all. The internet can be  bit overloaded a times but no issue really ...  Main interaction with staff outside the temp test and food delivery at the door ... Me asking for more coffee .. Never any problem 🙂 .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lammbock

are you allowed to order in food and groceries (from outside vendors)?

And how is the room cleaning managed, do they have you leave the room for that?

Lastly how hard is the mattress?

(I'm collecting info in case I have to make an emergency trip out of the country)