Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

39 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

She did pick the hotel herself,right? There are many good hotels on the list and I really dont know if I believe this story. She would be able to complain and change room if the story is correct. 

A Thai national is allowed to pick a hotel only if they opt (and book in advance) for the self-paid ASQ Hotel program.

The paid by government hotels are assigned to them on arrival.

• Like 1
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Nice report.

Do you know if all Thai embassy's in UK can be used or only London?

The one in Glasgow is much more convienient for me.

I assume all repat flights are only from Londo?

Thanks.

I understood from another thread that the Thai consulates ( Hull, Glasgow and Cardiff ) are closed until further notice.

Someone can correct me if that is not correct.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

She did pick the hotel herself,right? There are many good hotels on the list and I really dont know if I believe this story. She would be able to complain and change room if the story is correct. 

No they did not pick the hotel, the Thai nationals can choose a a city but have no choice of hotel!!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I understood from another thread that the Thai consulates ( Hull, Glasgow and Cardiff ) are closed until further notice.

Someone can correct me if that is not correct.

Hull has this on their website. Not closed but they cannot issue visas.

"It was expected that Thailand flights would resume from the end of June, however the latest position is that all commercial flights to Thailand and entry of foreigners are banned until further notice. The Royal Thai Consulate (Hull) remains closed for visitors in person, however, though we are currently unable to provide a Visa service, in preparation for when flights resume customers planning to visit the Kingdom may submit applications and supporting documentation for Non-Immigrant Visas and multiple entry Tourist Visas by email to reduce the inevitable spike in applications once our Visa service returns to normal."

Source: https://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

I thinks the others are the same.

• Like 2
On 7/22/2020 at 7:21 PM, unheard said:

Could you please elaborate in more details on what she meant under "poor A/C".

Poor temperature control?

Poor air quality? (e.g. recirculated air, smells)

Or something else?

I've seen quite a few reports on the ASQ hotels not allowing to open windows.

Sounds like a standard policy.

Of course , if one keeps a window open the Ac has got to work harder .

That means Use more power .

Meaning higher costs for the Hotel

On 7/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, phetchy said:

and this the freebie accommodation. 

I usually reside in 5* during my travels, if i don't have a home in country, and looking at this video, I have to admit, 14 days there, does not sound too bad, in the mind, i couldn't help but think about the time it would give me to work off some of the weight, whilst also actually spending more time with the wife.

I wouldn't knock this 'experience'.

Planning on going asap to see my thai wife: I have found where to get a quick private covid test ;insurance that covers covid 19 ;got the list of Asq hotels.

All i need is flight info.

What is unclear is about the flights

you get offered (a repatriation flight),but what is the economy flight cost,and if there is no economy flight available do you just wait ,or do you lose the whole application ?

The whole process is supposed to take about a month.Is this what people have found?

I'm little curious about any experience with 14-days private quarantine instead of ASQ.

A fellow countryman arrived just about a week ago from Norway – he is not Norwegian, but stayed there and a Thai consulate in Norway made his visa, and took care of all preparations with permission and Covid-19 test etc. – he says that he use his own Thai home for the mandatory 14-day quarantine; he said that the consulate in Norway permits that if you own a house, and he could just continue to his home after arrival, but need to report if he feel sick.

I had no idea that this was allowed; do anyone else has experience with home quarantine instead of ASQ..?

I'm however not sure if he has a non-O visa, or eventually got a non-B visa, maybe there is a difference in quarantine...🤔

• Like 1
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m pretty sure that most of the regulations are ‘committee thinking’ somewhat sanctimonious but based on logic deep down in someones minds.

Spot on. It removes the need for the worker bees to be faced with the challenge of a choice, or to make a decision.

An excellent and helpful report all round for which many thanks.

1 hour ago, supersomchai said:

but what is the economy flight cost,and if there is no economy flight available do you just wait ,or do you lose the whole application ?

The whole process is supposed to take about a month.Is this what people have found?

No flights available - must wait

The application won't go anywhere or be cancelled.

Depending on your country and availability of repatriation flights and ASQ hotels you can get through the whole process in a matter of weeks.

Edited by unheard
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, unheard said:

And before they've closed that loophole also.

They may quietly still make exceptions for senior diplomats. The Egyptian group were just a bunch of military types who managed to wrangle diplomatic passports.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They may quietly still make exceptions for senior diplomats. The Egyptian group were just a bunch of military types who managed to wrangle diplomatic passports.

I also wonder how they handle senior diplomats.

Just a week ago they've made a lot of noise in the media regarding an European union diplomat being refused an entry into his/her own accommodation and being forced to stay in an ASQ hotel.

• Like 1