Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !

34 minutes ago, treetops said:

Your link at the time of writing this shows 28, but even that is out of date.  What I understand is the official list now has 29.

http://hsscovid.com/

Click on:

image.png.a5cf56acf90434a179823582b48a4cf3.png

Thanks for the links, I clicked on both and got Thai language and I can't find any facility for translation to English.  Do you please have English language links?  Thanks.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for the links, I clicked on both and got Thai language and I can't find any facility for translation to English.  Do you please have English language links?  Thanks.

All of them are translated in english, make sure you select the icon in treetops post.

14 hours ago, JHicks said:

I think the £2500 he paid is pretty normal for a business class ticket from London, so I would think the economy tickets would be at normal prices too. I'd expected a huge mark up so that's good news. Whether you can get an economy ticket is obviously another matter. It's probably a question of how long you're prepared to wait. I'm hoping the ASQ bottleneck will get sorted out fairly quickly - you wouldn't think there'd be a problem signing up more hotels, and it looks like it's the availability of ASQ places that's driving the availability of flights.

An excellent report, as you say.

I'm not so sure... Thats £2500 for a one way business class flight (UK to BKK)... I’ve always paid less than that for a return, albeit with ME Airlines with a stop off. 

I suspect the Repatriation flights (for a one way) may be priced at the cost of a return flight. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not so sure... Thats £2500 for a one way business class flight (UK to BKK)... I’ve always paid less than that for a return, albeit with ME Airlines with a stop off. 

Have paid a bit over £2000 a few times for Emirates Biz Class round trip, but usually that is a discounted fare, a full fare (J) ticket would have been £3500 and I might expect a one way to be half of that. Expensive trip but one is not in a position to shop around.

41 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

All of them are translated in english, make sure you select the icon in treetops post.

Thanks, tried again and got  the option of English, thanks again.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

AGree, great report and very useful.

My problem goes back to the basics, I can't find the site giving the COE application form and needed attachment.

Appreciate if someone could please give me a link etc.

Also, anybody in this thread done the Sydney to Bangkok repat. Flight?

- Please share whether you were able to get an economy ticket, and the cost? 

And are you aware whether COE holders, if only Business class seats available can elect to wait for the next repat. flight, or must take a bu. class seat. 

Thanks. 

There were no online forms for me to fill out. Everything regarding the CoE application process involved e-mailing the Thai Embassy UK who clarified questions, provided a list of requirements, clarified questions about that.

I e-mailed in the required documents.

This, of course, may have changed - I don’t know. 

Scorecard... E-mail your local Thai Embassy and ask them for the list of requirements for the CoE.

You may need to try a couple of different Embassy e-mails (I didn’t get a reply from one address, but did another after on this forum someone posted the address from which they got a response).

Anyone else who has received a response from the Thai Embassy in Australia - which e-mail address was successful?

I believe the ’Seat availability’ is purely based on the demand of Thai’s willing to return. From the UK at least, Thai’s were clearly given a priority to fill up the Economy seats on the repatriation flights. 

The Thai Embassy UK gave me a choice of two repatriation flights - both were business class as Economy Class was full. If there is availability on a later Economy Class flight, I imagine you may be offered a seat. 

This is obviously down to the individual mission officer at the Embassy and how they have chosen to allocate seats or offer priority to Thai’s etc, or if all Thai applicants have not already taken up seats and there are spare Economy seats going etc etc... 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thai Embassy UK gave me a choice of two repatriation flights - both were business class as Economy Class was full

I realize this is about repats flights to Thailand. However it's across the board. A news mob (7.30 report) in Oz showed numerous interviews with Australians (returning to AU) basically being advised if they don't wish to get bumped from a flight it's best to book a first or business class seat. 

This has to be the best, most informative thread I have ever read. No idiots, just questions and answers.

Special thank you to richard smith for a fantastic post.

I heard qatar airways are offering to pay quarantine for anyone. I may have got that wrong as i only skimmed the article. Perhaps someone with better internet skills than me could check.

Thanks for the input Richard.....do you have an email for the Embassy in UK as every time I have emailed them to the addresses on their website I get zero response.

14 minutes ago, Sujo said:

This has to be the best, most informative thread I have ever read. No idiots, just questions and answers.

Special thank you to richard smith for a fantastic post.

I heard qatar airways are offering to pay quarantine for anyone. I may have got that wrong as i only skimmed the article. Perhaps someone with better internet skills than me could check.

Be very careful purchasing tickets from any airline until Thailand has lifted its Emergency Decree. 

The airlines have been operating in a highly immoral manner, hedging their bets and selling tickets for flights they know will not fly. 

Thailands Emergency decree states no incoming passenger flights to Thailand - Qatar Airways sold me a flight, the following day the flight was removed off their web-page yet my ticket remained ‘valid’.

Even when calling them up, they couldn’t find the flight status, I couldn’t buy a new ticket (For travel in July), yet my ticket remained Valid - If I cancelled, I would lose money to the Airline. 

Qatar cancelled my ticket 2 days before the flight date. 

Under EU Regulation 261/2004 Airlines have to refund a cancelled flight within 7 days. I’ve been told the refund could take 10-12 weeks. 

The airlines are doing nothing more than making a cash-grab to maintain cash-flow. 

It has been reported that Emirates will pay for Quarantine ’should’ passengers flying with Emirates be diagnosed with Covid-19 during their travel. 

This does not mean it will pay for ‘compulsory quarantine’ (i.e. upon arrival in Thailand). 

I also imagine there would be a significant amount of hoops to jump through IF such a claim were to be made. 

Emirates are one of the best Airlines for customer service, however, this is a media stunt I doubt they are prepped to fully back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!!

That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wanted to.

I just couldn’t be bothered with drinking on my own in a hotel room !!!  I’ll enjoy some beers with friends once all this *pointless malarkey is over. 

*Pointless because after a Covid-19 test on arrival, I’m already proven Covid-19 negative.

That said, its possible it could develop, but another test on day 5 will continue to prove I am Covid-19 negative - then surely thats enough and the remaining 14 days will be a farce !!!

At the end of all of this I will have had 4 Covid-19 tests !!! and not one Antibody test which at this stage is surely also important.

Surprised they didnt stick a  star  of david  on you  judging by  all the <deleted>  you  had to go thru.