Jump to content

Quarantine procedure “Tell your story” post it here !


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

 

Ok so it varies hotel by hotel. I actually think a mandate is not a bad idea to make it clear what the rules are when you are booking ASQ. Not all hotels will be reasonable. Some might take advantage.

 

I get it, probably it makes sence that it be part of the requirements to join the ASQ program.  I just had a knee jerk reaction to making anything mandatory but it's the governments program so it might make sence that all participants have the same basic requirements.  That said, every hotel is different and this might impose more on some types than on others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The following is my account of the arrival process and the ASQ hotel.   Previously: CoE applied for (as per the other threads on this topic).  Notification came in from the Thai Embassy

They’re very strict - I’ve been in the ASQ for 3 days - I haven’t even seen anyone since arrival !!! That said, they didn’t check my baggage, so I could have brought in a bottle of whisky if I wa

I want to place your comments in a genuine perspective of someone who has gone through the process and is currently in ASQ, while avoiding resorting to the emotive wording of someone who hasn’t but ha

Posted Images

FYI....Quarantine breakfast.  Delivered to your room and you can't tip the courrier if they ring your bell and ditch.

 

 

image.thumb.png.a9127c3d5556dc0db1853bf3c1f82f87.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For U.S. applicants, the COE was stalled until I submitted a flight reservation.  This was NOT the chartered flights the Thai govt provides.  Normal people don’t have access to reserve a seat.  You have to go through a travel agent provided by The consulate, they put you on a list, the travel agent sees your name, you pick a repat flight, pay for the ticket, and then resubmit COE application for actual COE.  
 

now before all this was done, I had to call korean air, rebook my cancelled ticket for aug. for a flight I knew was probably NOT going to fly, just so I could move forward on the beginning part of the COE application.  When the consulate saw I had a flight, only then did they move me to the next stage of the COE, which allowed me to get on the list for purchasing and catching a govt. charter flight.  I have now cancelled my original flight.

 

That was my process in the US.  I already had a cancelled return ticket, some of you might need to buy a “fake” ticket just to proceed in the COE process.  
 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, koele2 said:

That was my process in the US.  I already had a cancelled return ticket, some of you might need to buy a “fake” ticket just to proceed in the COE process.

Could you please let us know when was that if you don't mind me asking?

As far as I know it's not the process for now, and wasn't 2 weeks ago.

Are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence?

Besides, In prior months the embassies weren't in position to make any kinds of decisions.

At that time only Ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok could make those kinds of moves.

The embassy was just a relaying point.

But for now, when the embassies are fully in charge, there's absolutely no point in purchasing a non-repat flight. It won't speed up anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vision said:

FYI....Quarantine breakfast.  Delivered to your room and you can't tip the courrier if they ring your bell and ditch.

What is the name of the hotel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, koele2 said:

For U.S. applicants, the COE was stalled until I submitted a flight reservation.  This was NOT the chartered flights the Thai govt provides.  Normal people don’t have access to reserve a seat.  You have to go through a travel agent provided by The consulate, they put you on a list, the travel agent sees your name, you pick a repat flight, pay for the ticket, and then resubmit COE application for actual COE.  
 

now before all this was done, I had to call korean air, rebook my cancelled ticket for aug. for a flight I knew was probably NOT going to fly, just so I could move forward on the beginning part of the COE application.  When the consulate saw I had a flight, only then did they move me to the next stage of the COE, which allowed me to get on the list for purchasing and catching a govt. charter flight.  I have now cancelled my original flight.

 

That was my process in the US.  I already had a cancelled return ticket, some of you might need to buy a “fake” ticket just to proceed in the COE process.  
 

 

This was NOT my process.  It is similar in every way except that the the consulate never requested nor did I pruchase a "fake" ticket.   I believe that as soon as you qualify (by demonstarating that you fall into one of the approved catagories) you should be able to book your ticket through the approved travel agents.  I know not hearing from the embassy is frustrating and that lack of communication may feel like there is something more to do but if I had to bet i would take the Unheard senario where you booked the ticket and submitted it and that submission caused the embassy personel to send you a link not because they were waiting for you to send them a "fake" ticket but because your submitting the wrong ticket made them realize you needed the link.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, unheard said:

What is the name of the hotel?

This was from Solaria hotel on Sukhumvit.   I didn't realize when I booked but this hotel seems to cater to Japanese so the menu tends to favor Japanese style foods for the most part but the pic I posted was of thier  "American" beakfast.

 

Also for the gentelman in the wheelchair this hotel does offer disability rooms and wheechair assitance but I cannot speak to what that means.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I would just like to salute the posters here who have made it back to Thailand and are in, or about to be in, ASQ accommodation.

 

I was due in the UK for a holiday earlier this year without the wife but I decided to cancel, otherwise I would be in your shoes. To be honest I have no idea if I would go through all this bureaucracy or not.

 

I sincerely hope your Thai families appreciate the effort, expense and anxiety you have put in to be back with them.

 

 

 

 

+ 1

Exactly my feelings also, I cancelled a U.K. visit mid March and like yourself I don’t think I would have the patience to deal with all these hoops.

 

A great thread with some excellent information for those still stuck outside.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vision said:

This was from Solaria hotel on Sukhumvit.   I didn't realize when I booked but this hotel seems to cater to Japanese so the menu tends to favor Japanese style foods for the most part but the pic I posted was of thier  "American" beakfast.

 

Also for the gentelman in the wheelchair this hotel does offer disability rooms and wheechair assitance but I cannot speak to what that means.

Re wheelchair, thanks for the info. 

Edited by scorecard
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PatrickC said:

 

In Australia at least your COE only gets approved after you have paid for the flight, and you can only pay for the flight if the embassy allocates you a seat

Lots of comments in this thread from folks who have completed the 'process, the trip, the quarantine.

 

I'm still trying to find a reasonable insurance policy, hopefully short term (1 or 2 months).

 

Some other posters have shared insurance company names but on checking I've mostly found it's an annual policy only and/or the cost is enormous.  In my own case I have the Australian DVA Gold health card which covers 'all conditions' however I've called the DVA and the response is that they are still formulating a policy re Covid 19 and it will very likely not state a US$100,000 (or converted to another currency) minimum.  Having the DVA gold card is of course why I don't to take a full annual commercial policy. 

 

I called the Health ministry in Bkk and asked if I have a letter from DVA (which card holders can easily download) stating covers 'all conditions' would that be acceptable? The officer didn't know and said she would check and call back, she did revert an hour later 'no, cannot be accepted'. 

 

Hence, still looking for a policy. One other point that confuses me, re insurance, is comments that it has to be an insurance company on the list published by the Thai Health Ministry. But I can't find such list. Can anybody please give clear answers on this point.

 

Thanks. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

 

....Hence, still looking for a policy. One other point that confuses me, re insurance, is comments that it has to be an insurance company on the list published by the Thai Health Ministry. But I can't find such list. Can anybody please give clear answers on this point.

 

Thanks. 

 

 

 

Not correct as regards entrance requirements.

 

. That refers to people needing to meet O-A visa requirement, a totally different matter and applies only to people on O-A visa or extension of stay for retirement based on an original O-A visa.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Lots of comments in this thread from folks who have completed the 'process, the trip, the quarantine.

 

I'm still trying to find a reasonable insurance policy, hopefully short term (1 or 2 months).

 

Some other posters have shared insurance company names but on checking I've mostly found it's an annual policy only and/or the cost is enormous.  In my own case I have the Australian DVA Gold health card which covers 'all conditions' however I've called the DVA and the response is that they are still formulating a policy re Covid 19 and it will very likely not state a US$100,000 (or converted to another currency) minimum.  Having the DVA gold card is of course why I don't to take a full annual commercial policy. 

 

I called the Health ministry in Bkk and asked if I have a letter from DVA (which card holders can easily download) stating covers 'all conditions' would that be acceptable? The officer didn't know and said she would check and call back, she did revert an hour later 'no, cannot be accepted'. 

 

Hence, still looking for a policy. One other point that confuses me, re insurance, is comments that it has to be an insurance company on the list published by the Thai Health Ministry. But I can't find such list. Can anybody please give clear answers on this point.

 

Thanks. 

 

 

I used a company called Insubuy: https://www.insubuy.com/

Whoever you get you will need to ensure they will give you a letter that will explicitly say that it covers Covid and the amount of 100K USD.

The below list was offered to me by an agent (Bernard) at the LA Consulate:

 

Health Insurance Policy Requirement (Statement must show the following)

1. Must provide coverage of at least $100,000US

2. Must indicate coverage includes COVID-19 treatment(s)

3. Must indicate policy provides coverage in Thailand

4. Must be valid for the duration of your stay

-----------------------------------------------

The following is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular company. The information only serves as a sample of companies which were used by other applicants. The information in parentheses pertains to whether or not the companies were able to provide a statement showing acceptable proof of coverage meeting the requirements above.

Allianz Care (statement did not specify coverage amount, COVID-19 coverage, coverage in Thailand, and duration of coverage)

Trawick International (statement met requirements)

Seven Corners (statement met requirements)

Thai Setakij Insurance Public Company Ltd. (Thai company) (statement met requirements but the company might not issue the policy for the duration of your stay as required)

Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL (Thai company)

GeoBlue Travel Insurance (statement met requirements)

TripMate – World Nomads (statement did not specify COVID-19 coverage or confirm coverage in Thailand)

AIG Travel Guard (policy does not state COVID-19 coverage)

AETNA (applicants report it is difficult to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Kaiser (applicants report it is difficult if to obtain a policy statement that satisfies the COE requirements)

Edited July 10 by vision

Edited by vision
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone else who has received a response from the Thai Embassy in Australia - which e-mail address was successful?

I emailed the Thai Embassy in Canberra, with no reply. They don't answer the phone either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, jasonr3255 said:

, my wife’s friend who is a Thai national has just returned from the UK and arrived in Thailand on the 20th July

Why was she in the UK?  Why did she need to return?  Questions you did not answer. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...