Thai protesters take aim at army after anti-government rallies

webfact

For a moment I wondered how the Nation suddenly mentioned much higher, more accurate, numbers now, but then I saw it was a Reuters report (which is more in line with various other reports on these protests).

Anyhow there was also a sign In Thai asking why we need an army? 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, meechai said:

Actually if you mean those who positioned themselves in places of power during the coups then I don't think so

Figure the current crop & how they have been in power since 2014

How much do you think they have drained from the trough? Whether by flat out robbery

or by  claiming they were making padded purchases of say Chinese subs etc?

That is just the tip of the iceberg...So IMO no tears but instead they have enriched their families for

generations to come. This is not unsurprisingly why Thailand has a constant stream of coups.

Generals are waiting in the wings for their turn at the trough after having seen how the current crop has enriched themselves

and later how they will walk free with impunity

I agree up to a point, but I suggest there's an even bigger/ more powerful aspect.

The military's strong self glorification and specific to the Thailand 'model' it's strong belief that it should be/is the ultimate ruler tolerating the extra 'arm' of part democracy which came into the picture in 1932, but should always be ready to forceably take over control of the country and the people. 

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I agree up to a point, but I suggest there's an even bigger/ more powerful aspect.

The military's strong self glorification and specific to the Thailand 'model' it's strong belief that it should be/is the ultimate ruler tolerating the extra 'arm' of part democracy which came into the picture in 1932, but should always be ready to forceably take over control of the country and the people. 

Well yes but it would take us into a sector that is deemed unspeakable so we cannot comment here

Suffice it to say though that ultimately the Military is just the horse...The jockey is the same as it ever was unmentionable/untouchable

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

not too many turned up I see ....  guess they were cousins of the organizers.

Better hurry or you'll be late for school.

You seem to be confusing this protest with the one that took place on Saturday. No mention of students in this report.