marriage visa

15 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

I got around the refusal with money on deposit, but it left a nasty taste..........

If you have the money in the bank why are you faffing around with trying to prove income?

Bank deposit is much the easier option clearly.

When i married and came here it was 200/400 in funds, even at that there were just the same chumps border line. 99% is caused by not saying No to that "TING" the Mrs wants, thats been my finding amongst those i liked but have since left.:coffee1:

1 minute ago, cnxgary said:

Once one is married what is the procedure to get ones name on the Tabian Bahn or to be issued the yellow book? Does a person need to obtain a Certificate of Residency to start the process?

For You the only route is go the the  Big Local Admin with you Wife. Thus avoiding any advice given here.

• Thanks 1

i thank you all for your answers. one last question. do you guys think it is posible to convert a non-o m/e visa to marriage visa at immigration office if i can show proof of requrements ?

16 minutes ago, mimavi said:

i thank you all for your answers. one last question. do you guys think it is posible to convert a non-o m/e visa to marriage visa at immigration office if i can show proof of requrements ?

Again the same advice, go to your Local with Wife. Then you walk out with Requirements of Your Office.

45 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

Once one is married what is the procedure to get ones name on the Tabian Bahn or to be issued the yellow book? Does a person need to obtain a Certificate of Residency to start the process?

You cant get your name in a Blue Tabian Bahn unless you are Thai, as others have said the required documents for yellow book can vary depending on your local Ampher. Usually a Res Cert is one of the required documents. you dont need to be married to get a yellow book.

Edited by Peterw42

33 minutes ago, mimavi said:

Have you used the 60 day extension to visit family? If you have not used it you can obtain that and apply for annual extension (marriage). Have requirements already in place such as money in bank or income (both 2 month) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zoza said:

there is no usually anymore your requirements are dictated by which province your immigration office is located? and which way the immigration officer decides to interpret the rules? and what kind of mood is he or she is in that day? usually does not live in Thailand immigration anymore, and if you read the majority of the post's you will see that for a lot of people going to their imm office for an extension due to married to a Thai is a nightmare now. my advice  is to take a Thai wittiness who is not scared to Question the imm officer's, we did and it seemed to take the wind from their sails. 

have you bothered to read these posts? and how is the Merc.?...LOL        

Yes I have bothered, and specifically your post #13, which mentions Chonburi (not other offices in Thailand), where if you have all your documentation correct, it takes less than an hour.

If you (or someone you know) have taken 3 days to get processed then obviously you haven't put together the right documentation or have messed up the funds. Maybe if you read some posts, you'll have an idea what to do, so your application goes smoothly. Do they have a MERC bike, if so get on it.

Also having a Thai with you ( who is not your wife) who berates the immigration officer can only be a bad thing. Its a bit like the 'dress correctly' thread, be polite, be respectful and most of all patient.

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I feel I'm missing something here. I have a marriage visa and have never had to show any income at all as I simply get my visa every year in Savannakhet. The same would apply also if I went to HCM city, except that I would need a letter signed by my wife which I wouldn't need in Savannakhet. Nor would I need to show income if I take up the 60-day extension option at my local (Kalasin) IO. Which, until now, I've never done as I prefer to get something for my 1900 baht by crossing a border and seeing something different. That exit, obviously, might not be possible for the foreseeable future, although I would guess that local borders might open up well before the end of the year..

Am I delusional? I stand to be corrected.

I do the year marriage Ext 400k because I don't want to travel to Laos, Vietnam etc to get extensions.

I would just like to be treated better than someone suspected of marriage fraud, I would like to think after 15 years they would know I've always been a genuine married retiree.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thainet said:

Of course..  we all know that, not what I was asking. I was asking why he quoted 3 days when its usually max one hour.

Four day's trips for me - long waits per-each - and denied each time, to spite having the proven income, both marriage docs, and wife with.  That was at just one office. 

At the other two tried in other years, same denials, to spite the same complete qualifications.  I only put myself and the wife through it one time those years, when it was clear it was "bribe or no extension."  They tend to get nastier with her each time I bring the "extra documents" they asked for the last time, and have to invent more.

Before all that, I tried for a "change of visa type" 90-day stamp, but hit a wall like this one:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1174007-immigration-officials-in-nonthaburi-accused-of-asking-for-a-20000-baht-bribe/

So, off to Savannakhet, in all those cases.  Not sure where I will be off to in late-September, or for how long.  Will see what opens up.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I do the year marriage Ext 400k because I don't want to travel to Laos, Vietnam etc to get extensions.

I would just like to be treated better than someone suspected of marriage fraud, I would like to think after 15 years they would know I've always been a genuine married retiree.

I would think that the marriage fraud thing would work the other way, with the Thai wanting a marriage of convenience to move to Europe/USA/Australia.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thats a good point, we cashed up n comfy old coots get little consideration, Emigrations minds are clearly fixed on these Border line Bouncers and other Flotsam that has sneaked in n never stops bleating here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mimavi said:

In-person sans-agent?  It is possible, though the requirements vary by office.  Some block with landlord-docs, others with income-source.  Applying with 400K "in the bank for 2 months," plus living in a condo you own or at your wife's house book solves those two. 

At that point, the only potential blocker is "cannot do from amnesty" - another policy which varies by office.  If you have not used your 60-day extension, you could try using that as a bridge.  If that doesn't work, you have been relegated to the "agent-money only" queue.  But no harm trying with what you have, at least once, before giving up on an honest-extension.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I would think that the marriage fraud thing would work the other way, with the Thai wanting a marriage of convenience to move to Europe/USA/Australia.

Some guys from India got busted, and they used that as an excuse to get the district-level 10K bribes.  This is why a "district-IO sign off" / "under consideration" process was implemented for applications from all country's applicants - including those who get paid less if they work in Thailand vs their passport-country.  

Their game was never about "fake marriages" - any more than the retirement-financials are about "if you really have enough money/income" -  or they would not run an agent-partner bribe-laundering system to circumvent the requirements.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

This is why a "district-IO sign off" / "under consideration" process was implemented for applications from all country's applicants - including those who get paid less if they work in Thailand vs their passport-country.  

The approval by the Division headquarters has been a requirement since they first started doing the extensions. It is certainly not new.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's not a Thai problem really that's for those countries. 

Got told my extension application  is completed today and to come back 21st August to see whether it's accepted, never had that said to us before from a immigration person.

In other words I've got 30 days. 

On 7/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, thainet said:

Yes I have bothered, and specifically your post #13, which mentions Chonburi (not other offices in Thailand), where if you have all your documentation correct, it takes less than an hour.

If you (or someone you know) have taken 3 days to get processed then obviously you haven't put together the right documentation or have messed up the funds. Maybe if you read some posts, you'll have an idea what to do, so your application goes smoothly. Do they have a MERC bike, if so get on it.

Also having a Thai with you ( who is not your wife) who berates the immigration officer can only be a bad thing. Its a bit like the 'dress correctly' thread, be polite, be respectful and most of all patient.

your reply says so much,as i have never met a Farang who knows the workings of every imm office  in Thailand in my twenty years here,if you read the vast majority of posts on that thread from a few different area's they agree with my post, it is a shame that this difficulty is not just one area and not one officer. but it is common knowledge, Like the Merc....where did you get ''BERATE'' from ...stay off the Low -cow lar 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

This from clause 2.18 of immigration order 327/2557.

image.png.5bb157db267db76ab81246857502b18b.png

And in this amendment to clause 2.18 of order 138/2557 allowing transfers into the country or income proof from a embassy if you can get it.

image.png.17d8dc12ae7ae2a14dc0b8dd5c17a9b5.png

I am on my 12th extension of stay based upon marriage using the 40k baht income option. I used a income affidavit from my embassy for the first 11 and last year showed proof of 40 baht income going into a Thai bank from abroad for over 12 months.

Does the 40k bhat income option has to be 12 months transferred from abroad to your Thai account or only for two months?

17 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Does the 40k bhat income option has to be 12 months transferred from abroad to your Thai account or only for two months?

It's only 2 months if it is your first extension.

46 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Unless it is your first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa 12 months is required. For the first extension it is 2 months.

I went to Hua hin immigration to ask what documents I needed for the income method for a marriage extension. I showed him printouts of the last 2 months of transferwise deposits. He looked at them and wrote on a piece of paper he gave me that I need to get them certified by the Royal Thai consulate in Bangkok. He didn't say anything at the time and I only noticed when I got back home. What does he mean by that? I am from the UK and so I can't get an income letter. He knew that as he had a good look at my passport.

20 minutes ago, barry553 said:

He looked at them and wrote on a piece of paper he gave me that I need to get them certified by the Royal Thai consulate in Bangkok.

I think he meant he wanted them translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs  in Bangkok. 

I assume you also have proof of them by way of statement from a Thai bank.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think he meant he wanted them translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs  in Bangkok. 

I assume you also have proof of them by way of statement from a Thai bank.

I can get a statement, yes. Is this normal to require a translation? Obviously this would be a lot of time, effort and cash to get this.

16 minutes ago, barry553 said:

I can get a statement, yes. Is this normal to require a translation? Obviously this would be a lot of time, effort and cash to get this.

If your bank statement shows them as international transfers there is no need for the the Transferwise receipts. If not you should be able to get credit advice from the bank that will prove they came from abroad.

Immigration want the translation of the Transferwise receipts due to them not understanding them and/or they are not in English.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:43 PM, ubonjoe said:

Unless it is your first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa 12 months is required. For the first extension it is 2 months.

Hello to everyone.

Iam sory to hijack this tred but my question is somehow related to ongoing.

I guess that Joe might have answer to this:

Multi entry N-O expired in beginning of march,I did use 60 days to visit my wife few days before announced amnesty (the first one)☹️.

Bank balance ifor now is insufficient for 400k option,so it must be a income of 40k for two months because it would be mine first year extension.

TW looks like faster option so I can log incoming 50k for this month and with next month transfer I should have required.

Regarding TW transfer:

I have a account in Thanachat bank that mean that I am looking to get statementf/proof of transfers from them,do I correctly assume that if I or my wife do Transfer Wise with a selected option"For long stay visa application",and I do choose 1300 euro for amount to send to my self (my bank account in Thanachat bank)is it that sufficient for international transfer code to appear in bank statement.?

If I do understand that well and I stand to be corrected,money route will be THB from Thailand to Euro in somewhere and back again to Thailand ln form of 1300 Euro-50k nternational deposit coded? 

Is it that way accepted by IO requirements for first year extension based on being married to Thai national.?

I am sorry for miss spelling and grammatical errors,,,????

P.s

Immigration office in Krabi if that is relevant.

49 minutes ago, Stranded forever said:

I have a account in Thanachat bank that mean that I am looking to get statementf/proof of transfers from them,do I correctly assume that if I or my wife do Transfer Wise with a selected option"For long stay visa application",and I do choose 1300 euro for amount to send to my self (my bank account in Thanachat bank)is it that sufficient for international transfer code to appear in bank statement.?

You transfer to Thanachat bank will not be shown as a international transfer since they are not one of the Transferwise partner banks. As far as I know there are only 3 of them (Kasikorn, TMB and Bangkok Bank).

Your transfer will be shown as domestic transfers. You may be able to get a credit advise that will show them as international transfers.

Some offices have accepted a print out of a PDF file of the receipt for the Transferwise transfer you can download on their site.

I not familiar with Transferwise since I have never used them.

50 minutes ago, Stranded forever said:

If I do understand that well and I stand to be corrected,money route will be THB from Thailand to Euro in somewhere and back again to Thailand ln form of 1300 Euro-50k nternational deposit coded? 

As I wrote above it will not be shown as international transfer. I think you can select the amount in Baht and they show the amount in Euro it will be.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Immigration in Huahin trying to get my first income based extension to a marriage visa. My wife had time off work and so this was the only time I could manage it. I had the paperwork they asked for. Unfortunately he said it was too late. As of today they can't do the visa extensions for marriage. My multi - o was obtained 1st July 2019 so ran out end of June 2020. Even though the last time they said it would be ok provided I have the correct proof of foreign income of 40000. I had this but now it is said to be too late. He said there was another way.... Pay 14900 baht and I can get it done (in secret) . The "normal" price is 8000 but because my visa is "wrong" it requires extra money. Of course, at the present time money is tight for me and that is a lot more than I feel comfortable paying. I don't feel comfortable supporting corruption but these are very difficult, unprecedented times and I have a family to support. 8000 I could manage but I didn't feel like I could negotiate the price. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

42 minutes ago, barry553 said:

I went to Immigration in Huahin trying to get my first income based extension to a marriage visa. My wife had time off work and so this was the only time I could manage it. I had the paperwork they asked for. Unfortunately he said it was too late. As of today they can't do the visa extensions for marriage. My multi - o was obtained 1st July 2019 so ran out end of June 2020. Even though the last time they said it would be ok provided I have the correct proof of foreign income of 40000. I had this but now it is said to be too late. He said there was another way.... Pay 14900 baht and I can get it done (in secret) . The "normal" price is 8000 but because my visa is "wrong" it requires extra money. Of course, at the present time money is tight for me and that is a lot more than I feel comfortable paying. I don't feel comfortable supporting corruption but these are very difficult, unprecedented times and I have a family to support. 8000 I could manage but I didn't feel like I could negotiate the price. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I don't understand why they said they could not the extension. Are they saying they cannot do them for anybody.

Or because your visa had expired? If that they are completely wrong and trying to get money out of you.