BANGKOK

15 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

I got around the refusal with money on deposit, but it left a nasty taste..........

If you have the money in the bank why are you faffing around with trying to prove income?

Bank deposit is much the easier option clearly.

When i married and came here it was 200/400 in funds, even at that there were just the same chumps border line. 99% is caused by not saying No to that "TING" the Mrs wants, thats been my finding amongst those i liked but have since left.:coffee1:

Once one is married what is the procedure to get ones name on the Tabian Bahn or to be issued the yellow book? Does a person need to obtain a Certificate of Residency to start the process?

1 minute ago, cnxgary said:

Once one is married what is the procedure to get ones name on the Tabian Bahn or to be issued the yellow book? Does a person need to obtain a Certificate of Residency to start the process?

For You the only route is go the the  Big Local Admin with you Wife. Thus avoiding any advice given here.

• Thanks 1

i thank you all for your answers. one last question. do you guys think it is posible to convert a non-o m/e visa to marriage visa at immigration office if i can show proof of requrements ?

16 minutes ago, mimavi said:

i thank you all for your answers. one last question. do you guys think it is posible to convert a non-o m/e visa to marriage visa at immigration office if i can show proof of requrements ?

Again the same advice, go to your Local with Wife. Then you walk out with Requirements of Your Office.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

You cant get your name in a Blue Tabian Bahn unless you are Thai, as others have said the required documents for yellow book can vary depending on your local Ampher. Usually a Res Cert is one of the required documents. you dont need to be married to get a yellow book.

Edited by Peterw42

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

How can you not know there are financial requirements for 1 year extensions based on marriage in Thailand?

This thread was not originally about extensions. The OP didn't mention extensions, and nor did I.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mimavi said:

Have you used the 60 day extension to visit family? If you have not used it you can obtain that and apply for annual extension (marriage). Have requirements already in place such as money in bank or income (both 2 month) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zoza said:

there is no usually anymore your requirements are dictated by which province your immigration office is located? and which way the immigration officer decides to interpret the rules? and what kind of mood is he or she is in that day? usually does not live in Thailand immigration anymore, and if you read the majority of the post's you will see that for a lot of people going to their imm office for an extension due to married to a Thai is a nightmare now. my advice  is to take a Thai wittiness who is not scared to Question the imm officer's, we did and it seemed to take the wind from their sails. 

have you bothered to read these posts? and how is the Merc.?...LOL        

Yes I have bothered, and specifically your post #13, which mentions Chonburi (not other offices in Thailand), where if you have all your documentation correct, it takes less than an hour.

If you (or someone you know) have taken 3 days to get processed then obviously you haven't put together the right documentation or have messed up the funds. Maybe if you read some posts, you'll have an idea what to do, so your application goes smoothly. Do they have a MERC bike, if so get on it.

Also having a Thai with you ( who is not your wife) who berates the immigration officer can only be a bad thing. Its a bit like the 'dress correctly' thread, be polite, be respectful and most of all patient.

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I feel I'm missing something here. I have a marriage visa and have never had to show any income at all as I simply get my visa every year in Savannakhet. The same would apply also if I went to HCM city, except that I would need a letter signed by my wife which I wouldn't need in Savannakhet. Nor would I need to show income if I take up the 60-day extension option at my local (Kalasin) IO. Which, until now, I've never done as I prefer to get something for my 1900 baht by crossing a border and seeing something different. That exit, obviously, might not be possible for the foreseeable future, although I would guess that local borders might open up well before the end of the year..

Am I delusional? I stand to be corrected.

I do the year marriage Ext 400k because I don't want to travel to Laos, Vietnam etc to get extensions.

I would just like to be treated better than someone suspected of marriage fraud, I would like to think after 15 years they would know I've always been a genuine married retiree.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thainet said:

Of course..  we all know that, not what I was asking. I was asking why he quoted 3 days when its usually max one hour.

Four day's trips for me - long waits per-each - and denied each time, to spite having the proven income, both marriage docs, and wife with.  That was at just one office. 

At the other two tried in other years, same denials, to spite the same complete qualifications.  I only put myself and the wife through it one time those years, when it was clear it was "bribe or no extension."  They tend to get nastier with her each time I bring the "extra documents" they asked for the last time, and have to invent more.

Before all that, I tried for a "change of visa type" 90-day stamp, but hit a wall like this one:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1174007-immigration-officials-in-nonthaburi-accused-of-asking-for-a-20000-baht-bribe/

So, off to Savannakhet, in all those cases.  Not sure where I will be off to in late-September, or for how long.  Will see what opens up.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I do the year marriage Ext 400k because I don't want to travel to Laos, Vietnam etc to get extensions.

I would just like to be treated better than someone suspected of marriage fraud, I would like to think after 15 years they would know I've always been a genuine married retiree.

I would think that the marriage fraud thing would work the other way, with the Thai wanting a marriage of convenience to move to Europe/USA/Australia.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thats a good point, we cashed up n comfy old coots get little consideration, Emigrations minds are clearly fixed on these Border line Bouncers and other Flotsam that has sneaked in n never stops bleating here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mimavi said:

In-person sans-agent?  It is possible, though the requirements vary by office.  Some block with landlord-docs, others with income-source.  Applying with 400K "in the bank for 2 months," plus living in a condo you own or at your wife's house book solves those two. 

At that point, the only potential blocker is "cannot do from amnesty" - another policy which varies by office.  If you have not used your 60-day extension, you could try using that as a bridge.  If that doesn't work, you have been relegated to the "agent-money only" queue.  But no harm trying with what you have, at least once, before giving up on an honest-extension.