Thailand Elite Card holders to be granted entry to Thailand as applications from Hong Kong surge

webfact

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

For the first time I see some sense in buying an EV.

If it lets me return and see my son and GF earlier, I'll pay for it.

I even would take a mask from Anutin's dirty hands with a smile on my face at BKK airport.

Well be careful you dont get trampled in the surge from Hk which is nothing at all to do with the forthcoming property sale.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

Nice move by Thai government. Elite Visa holders now can leave and re-enter Thailand as they please.

Not true, they are still required to obtain covid free certification, $100,000 covid insurance, travel  authorisation from Thai embassy etc. etc. The only valid reason for obtaining an Elite Card is if you are under 50  years old and will not  workin Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

Nice move by Thai government. Elite Visa holders now can leave and re-enter Thailand as they please.

The best passport in the world is $$$. ????

Elite card for you to stay here legally only.

Had Elite card and want to work then get work permit to work legally, so don't need to get Non-B visa.

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will no safer in Thailand.

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

But from Thailand easier to find a third country to consider migration to. Out from HK faster

Current group of foreigners who are allowed are struggling to book hotel for quarantine as all full till September but they already planning to let in next group . As always great planning ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That can't be right, surely?

If you have money you can't have Covid.

I'm sure the 'elf minister must see it like that, give his previous germs gems of wisdom.

By now there must be 'Anutin's law': The bank balance of any foreign applicant is inversely proportional to their chance of contracting Covid-19.

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

Funny.

Also funny, and definate sign of times that one must announce and warn of sarcasm..

surely, if you didnt you'd have a few dumb xxxxjockeys shouting you down. 555

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will no safer in Thailand.

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

After they have paid the hundreds of thousands of baht for their Elite Visa 

• Like 2

What a lot of nonsense let criminals in carrying their illgotten gains on their backs what about Thai Nationals best call a General Election in the hope officials with same sense may take over control from headless chickens

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Wow 50 people?!

Indeed Thai authorities should be under high pressure with such a crowd wanting to enter in the country

Between 25 and 50, 000,00 Baht ... not bad, don't you think ?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, pookondee said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That can't be right, surely?

If you have money you can't have Covid.

I'm sure the 'elf minister must see it like that, give his previous germs gems of wisdom.

By now there must be 'Anutin's law': The bank balance of any foreign applicant is inversely proportional to their chance of contracting Covid-19.

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

Funny.

Also funny, and definate sign of times that one must announce and warn of sarcasm..

surely, if you didnt you'd have a few dumb xxxxjockeys shouting you down. 555

The irony is, I have those types you describe, shouting me down in the past.

Hence my little bit of humour regarding the hard-of-learning.

I've never been sure if it's a local or general anaesthetic required for a sense of humour bypass.