Khao Yai National Park – Waterfalls to Camping in Thailand

1716578021_yaimain.jpg.c402110a93c8b983014422db09bb0201.jpg

There is a real variety of things to do in Thailand from stunning islands, traditional locations like Nan or Phrae to the vibrancy and energy of Bangkok. On this occasion I wanted to relax and enjoy one of the countries beautiful National Parks. I chose Khao Yai National Park that is located a 3-hour drive to the North East of Bangkok.

To read the rest of this blog by Dan about Thailand visit https://danaboutthailand.com/2020/07/20/khao-yai-national-park-waterfalls-to-camping-in-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR3gq_kLBlSD-kX1inXWyqCQj900yQqK3fNKiptxfrm8FjJkDcidl5LHogw

Hello, I have seen your video, I intend to go there next year with my Thaigirlfriend

I live 35 kms from Khao Yai and I have a 155 cc scooter

about camping, tents seem comfortable ; they are not yours ? how much one night and are there nearby restaurants ? for small walking treks as we see in the video , walk of one hour possible, no need a guide ? 

Thanks 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, kingofthemountain said:

What is the entry price to the park ?

double pricing here too ?

It is even worse! These 100 Baht were good for a visit about 20 years ago ????

• Sad 1

In 1974 while stationed at Korat, a group of us went to there to play golf.  Got drunk and stayed in the cabins they had available.  Ten years later I went back to look at what has changed.  The golf course was closed, because the animals came first before the golfers.  The fairways and the greens are overgrown and the camp site is across the river.  Maybe some of the campers never new what the were looking at in the morning.  Progress:  I understand they have put a new 9 hole golf course on the mountain by a new university.  

On 21 July 2020 at 12:16 PM, Aforek said:

Hello, I have seen your video, I intend to go there next year with my Thaigirlfriend

I live 35 kms from Khao Yai and I have a 155 cc scooter

about camping, tents seem comfortable ; they are not yours ? how much one night and are there nearby restaurants ? for small walking treks as we see in the video , walk of one hour possible, no need a guide ? 

Thanks 

Went twice last year.  You should be fine on the scooter (sun burn aside). Essentially just one road north to south, with just two off shoots to dead ends, each about 8km.

you can rent the tents on site.  They are already set up and have inflatable mattresses.  I think you can also pre-book via the Thai language government website, but not certain.  We pre-booked a cabin in the park that way.  PM if you need more info.

oh, heaps of deer roaming the campsite too, and porcupines at night.