60 day extension (visit family) - now or later

I'm here on a 1 year non-O (marriage) from Savannakhet and I'm well past my latest 3 months out/in (arrived back in Thailand on March 3rd). So technically I'm under the current amnesty expiring on 31st.

What I struggle to decide is if I should go down to my IO (Jomtien) and try to get a 60 day extension before the 31st or hope this proposed grace period actually comes into effect?

Has anyone been asking Jomtien IO about this particular issue?

4 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

My Non O Multi expires Aug 5. I plan to apply for the 60 day exrension on the 4th.

However, could l stay on the amnesty until Sept 26 and, then apply for the 60 day extension thus,

giving me roughly 4 months stay?

It might depend on the local immigration office. They might interpret the "amnesty" differently (as usual). 

8 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

My Non O Multi expires Aug 5. I plan to apply for the 60 day exrension on the 4th.

However, could l stay on the amnesty until Sept 26 and, then apply for the 60 day extension thus,

giving me roughly 4 months stay?

The expiry of the validity date of your ME Non Imm O Visa on Aug 5, is irrelevant.

What matters is the permission to stay you received when entering on that Visa, and that permission to stay has already expired.  So you are now on the Amnesty.

It would be a waste of your 60-day extension 'life-line' to use it when not needed.  So better wait to apply for that 60-day extension till the end of the Amnesty (26 September).