Water Heater

Neeranam

I buy a new water heater every few years and that time has come again as getting the bathroom retiled.

Any recommendations? I have good water pressure. I don't want to spend 10k if I can get a decent one for 3k.

Also, what the important  safety precautions when installing it? I'll as the workmen doing the tiles to do it but want to watch them set it up. I guess the earth is the only main thing but probably wrong. Any tips?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Oztruckie said:

go for a stiebel eltron unit,german design,made here in thailand,pay a little more for decent quality,thats always been my motto.

I thought that. It worked for 1 day. Now waiting for the chang to turn up with a replacement part.  (at least Global House handled the fault pretty well).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

go for a stiebel eltron unit,german design,made here in thailand,pay a little more for decent quality,thats always been my motto.

I got one of them. 6k baht, looks good. 

Annoying woman tried to tell me only Astina had temp control, the others only had water control. Also tried to tell me 4500 wasn't enough. Guess she was getting big commission for selling them. 

Got copper tank, which I've heard good and bad things about. 

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I got one of them. 6k baht, looks good. 

Annoying woman tried to tell me only Astina had temp control, the others only had water control. Also tried to tell me 4500 wasn't enough. Guess she was getting big commission for selling them. 

Got copper tank, which I've heard good and bad things about. 

She might have meant it takes warm water not just cold water, that's what Numchai seemed to be trying to tell me

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

She might have meant it takes warm water not just cold water, that's what Numchai seemed to be trying to tell me

No, you'd think they would have someone who knew what they were talking about.

Often, they send an English speaking one to me, and I usually send them away and ask for someone who is an expert.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How often has it been used? 4 in my family and 3 dogs that use it.

2x a day for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) ....... nearly 8 years now.

My daughter has her own bathroom with a Jovan shower heater, same age probably same use as she takes an hour.

They've both had 2 new hoses, they tend to perish after a few years.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

2x a day for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child).

My daughter has her own bathroom with a Jovan shower heater, same age probably same use as she takes an hour.

They've both had 2 new hoses, they tend to perish after a few years.

My teenage daughters must spend about an hour each in it a day! Ridiculous, lucky we have two bathrooms, but only one heater. Got a 'rain shower' today, that will probably encourage them ????

• Like 1