How can i get m money out of thai bank- without travel to Thailand?

45 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It might be difficult as most banks require a work permit to set up international transfers.

If no work permit, they are also likely to require you to clarify source of the funds before any transfer.

If you have a good reason to explain for the need to transfer such as Covid then your first step may be to call and ask the Bank if in the circumstances there is any facility to remotely get a transfer arranged.

If you are trying to close out the account, some places don't allow you to do that unless you are at the bank in person.

They would have to agree to close it for you.

• Like 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you tried calling or writing to the bank? Different banks have different policies on some things.

No security issues here then.

Hello I'm not sure when I will be in Thailand next and I have 3 million I'd like to withdraw. What options do I have please and here's my name, account number and phone number......

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Is it Bangkok bank? They have a branch in New York if you're in the states....

Possibly other major cities worldwide.....

If you can open an account at one you could use your current bank's banking app to transfer between the two accounts.....

BBL also has direct BBL staff in Singapore.

It's very awkward opening a Thai bank account right now, and also almost impossible to arrange an international transfer without going into the branch. They will want documents to prove the source of the funds.

• Like 1

What is the problem with this?

I transferred 600,000 b back to the US from my Bangkok bank account when the baht hit around 33 a few months back.  Took about 3 days into my Chase account.

Just did it online there was a 200,000 b a day maximum.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I transferred 600,000 b back to the US from my Bangkok bank account when the baht hit around 33 a few months back.  Took about 3 days into my Chase account.

Not all the Thai banking apps allow international transfers, mine certainly doesn't. They won't transfer even if I go into the branch because they want proof of the source of the funds and when asked how I would prove that it came from savings, I got a disinterested shrug and waved away. Hence the OP trying to do an international transfer from abroad might not be as lucky as you. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Why Me said:

As above. They'll  transfer from your Thai bank to other countries. I am pretty sure all you need is a Thai phone number to set up your account.

Registration with Deemoney requires a passport and a personal visit, it cannot be done on a phone number!

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You must be familiar with this arrangement from the BBL website, then, which is not automatic...

"Foreigners

• Salary repatriation

1. Sign in to Bualuang iBanking
  2. Go to “Transfer” and select “Add3rd Party Intl. Account”
  3. Complete the form clearly. You can submit your request between 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. on bank working days. The Bank will inform you of the result of your request by email within three business days.

If you are a foreigner, you will need to complete your online registration by submitting a copy of your work permit, or employee card, or certificate of income issued by an employer within three bank working days of making your application.

Once you have successfully registered for the International Funds Transfer service via Bualuang iBanking, you can send a request to update beneficiary information or delete beneficiaries via Bualuang iBanking."
Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Not all the Thai banking apps allow international transfers, mine certainly doesn't. They won't transfer even if I go into the branch because they want proof of the source of the funds and when asked how I would prove that it came from savings, I got a disinterested shrug and waved away. Hence the OP trying to do an international transfer from abroad might not be as lucky as you. 

ok, thanks interesting.

It showed on my Chase account as "incoming wire transfer".

The rate was actually decent with a $15 international wire transfer fee.

A shame if they make it a hassle to get your money.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

ok, thanks interesting.

It showed on my Chase account as "incoming wire transfer".

The rate was actually decent with a $15 international wire transfer fee.

A shame if they make it a hassle to get your money.

Once I was travelling back to the UK to oversee renovations on a property prior to putting it up for sale. I went into my branch in Bangkok intending to simply transfer some money back to pay for it and they did everything possible to prevent me from doing so. In the end I had to withdraw the money in cash, exchange it and take it on the plane, and declare it at the airport. Was a major hassle, and the manager was visibly angry that I had managed to do what I wanted.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Registration with Deemoney requires a passport and a personal visit, it cannot be done on a phone number!

No personal visit required. All done online / mobile contact. Really simple process.

I signed up with DeeMoney a few weeks back and all done without any need of a branch visit. Then arranged a transfer to my UK bank (just a test with about Bt20k) using the DM app and my Thai bank app (QR code). Hit my UK bank account next working day, as advertised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I transferred 125,000 Baht from my Kasikorn account to Singapore last week using the K+ Application, I don't have a Work Permit and I didn't need to provide any documentation. The cash left my account instantly and I got a message confirming that the cash arrived in the Singapore account in less than a minute, there was a flat fee of 250 Baht..

There's a limited amout of countries you can send to, quite a lot though, and I think the daily limit is US$50,000 

were you in thailand or singapore when you initiated the transfer ?

i ask as i once tried to access my bangkok bank account online when i was physically in USA.  i honestly can't remember the problem, either i couldn't log in at all (i was prompted to verify my location) or i couldn't add a payee w/o entering a code sent to my thai phone number (and the code didn't come through). 

Got my mrs to go into Kasikorn bank last week to check one that my pensions were still being received to my sterling account I have the passbook with me in the UK so via skype explained that I needed a balance that the teller reluctantly gave.

My second request was to change £2k from sterling to baht and put it into my baht account that my Mrs has the ATM card for that was met with an absolute no chance 

and is compounding my slow and painful financial strangulation together with 5 months instead of 5 weeks I have been stranded here on miserable Universal credit ????     

• Like 1

You dont make it clear if you have access to your account, via online or mobile banking ?? 

If not, no your going to be very stuck. If so, you might be able to use a 3rd party service, or have a friend help. My bank Kasikorn allows international transfers, I think up to 500k per time.