How can i get m money out of thai bank- without travel to Thailand?

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the source of the confusion is one guy who said he could send money

out of kasikorn bank without WP. that is not true.

the news is that DEEMONEY does not require WP.

however, my question was how can i send my money out of my thai bank,

without having to travel to thailand, and without having a work permit.

gees, i did not see this situation coming.

I've sent cash to the UK via the Kasikorn App a few times, I don't have a WP, very easy and the cash came straight out of my account.
I think you need to double check your facts before accusing people of confusing you.

• Like 2

So what we have now for people with retirement visa and so no WP? 

DeeMoney if it supports your country and your bank there. But only for smaller amounts. 

Kasikorn online with amounts up to 1 million daily? 

Bangkok Bank online with amounts up to ? daily? 

Krungsri online any options? 

Other banks? 

Most of the mobile banking apps (at least all the 4 that I have) added international transfer function last year. And apparently it works without a work permit. It's a bit annoying to have to enter all data on the mobile screen though.

9 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

Most of the mobile banking apps (at least all the 4 that I have) added international transfer function last year. And apparently it works without a work permit. It's a bit annoying to have to enter all data on the mobile screen though.

You can also download the app to your pc,i have it on my mobile and pc.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:32 AM, YT3k72Em said:

well that is than the solution. thai banks allow since last year,  international transfers on line

without the work permit nonsense.

it does not mattar if it is from the app, what mattars is the regulation change.

last time i tried to wire few thousands dollars from nasty bangkok bank, i had to go to their

main branch just to hear the banker there asking me all kinds of stupid questions and finally

refusing to send the money, telling me : GO TRY WESTERN UNION.

now that we can send money online , like in most advanced countries, we do not need

to see those nasty arrogant bankers anymore.

now my only problem is that my OTP stopped working, so i will not be able to do it

while abroad.

14 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

international transfers on line without the work permit nonsense.

It may be nonsense to you, but me and a number of others managed it without any problem, via the K+ App.

And now your OTP stopped working, mmmmm seems to be a pattern here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:41 PM, Leaver said:

It's an inefficient option, and probably the most expensive option, and takes the longest, but ATM withdrawals are still an option, if all else fails.   

ATM withdrawals might be a problem, because they leabe you with cash in hands, and in

some countries just carrying large amounts of cash might flag you as a criminal.

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is dramatic news. if true.

but is an OTP needed ?

The phone app may require an OTP when first installed but don't need OTP's for transactions. Some of the early versions of these apps in Thailand required a local mobile data connection and wouldn't work over WiFi but that is no longer the case.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

ATM withdrawals might be a problem, because they leabe you with cash in hands, and in

some countries just carrying large amounts of cash might flag you as a criminal.

If you're afraid of that, keep the ATM receipt.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:51 AM, pgrahmm said:

Is it Bangkok bank? They have a branch in New York if you're in the states....

Possibly other major cities worldwide.....

If you can open an account at one you could use your current bank's banking app to transfer between the two accounts.....

Thats my bank. tho I always leave about 500bt in LOS so its still active when I return to add my carry on cash for a 4 month visit.....no atm fees ...lucky to have an account from when I worked there a decade ago...

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Just deposit it in your local account immediately after withdrawing it from the ATM.

Keep using the ATM card.

I also have a bank account in another country where I don't live. I would need a SIM from that country to log into on line banking as they need to send a confirmation SMS.

Edited by VocalNeal

On 7/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, AAArdvark said:

The biggest stumbling block is that so much of the online solutions require a Thai phone number so they can send you an OTP.  Even trying to change your phone number will probably require an OTP.

DTAC (and possibly other Thai operators) give international mobile roaming on both their pre-paid (and post paid) packages. No montlhy charge to keep it active. Just ensure that your account has validity. I have used this method of receiving SMS OTPs for more than 10 years when out of Thailand. If you do ever have to top up the phone then easy to do via the operator website or your online Thai banking.

3 hours ago, thedemon said:

keep the ATM receipt.

ATM receipt will not help, nor depositing the cash into another bank account,

as you cannot connect them to the cash - cannot prove anymore that the cash you hold

is the same cash you withdrew from the ATM.

it all depands on the amount of course, but it might become a problem,

even many years later (in case of depositing

the cash into another account).

that is why banks around the world , incl. thailand, are making the on line trasfers easier.

they are preparing to a world without cash. scary.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:22 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I gather the OP is in his home country.  He can withdraw the maximum from the ATM, or maybe even a cash advance over the counter, and then deposit the money straight into his bank account in his home country.  

On 8/6/2020 at 8:36 AM, Leaver said:

He can withdraw the maximum from the ATM, or maybe even a cash advance over the counter, and then deposit the money straight into his bank account in his home country.  

WELL it depands on the amount, but aventually cash is cash and you will not be able to prove

the source of the cash even if you deposited it straight to your account.

i know someone who deposited 80K usd in cash over 2 years, in small amounts.

he was not a criminal and did not understand what he is doing.

2 years later the bank flagged and blocked his account and asked for documents

showing the source of the money and taxes paid. These days in many countries the banks

became tax collecting agencies, and hate cash as they do not earn commissions with it.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

WELL it depands on the amount, but aventually cash is cash and you will not be able to prove

showing the source of the money and taxes paid. These days in many countries the banks

became tax collecting agencies, and hate cash as they do not earn commissions with it.

Sure, but the OP can easily prove the origins of the regular cash payments.  He may need to produce some statements from his Thai bank as proof, and answer some questions, sign some forms, but everything should be fine.  

There would be quite a few Thai expats stuck in their home countries all around the world, due to the virus, that are using money from their Thai bank accounts, but even without the virus, this method is fine.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

In the UK only deposits of over £9,999 in one hit get automatic notifications to HMRC

I know HMRC have been actively trying to lower that for years.

Hate cash lol. They're actively moving it on the money markets 24/7

Edited by Chivas

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

In the UK only deposits of over £9,999 in one hit get automatic notifications to HMRC

I know HMRC have been actively trying to lower that for years.

Hate cash lol. They're actively moving it on the money markets 24/7

I don't think this is true.

It seems to be a confusion between the automatic reporting of transactions over $10,000 to the IRS which is law in the United States only, and/or the need in the UK for commercial businesses or sole traders expecting to make single transactions over 10,000euros to register themselves (nothing to do with banks) with HMRC as a "high value dealer".

As far as I can ascertain banks in the UK do not have to report any specific threshold sum paid into a personal account to HMRC. They do have a legal obligation to detect and prevent money laundering, which is mostly achieved by internal safeguards and freezing accounts until enquiries are made. This is a criminal matter and doesn't involve HMRC. For HMRC to look at your bank acount they have to issue a "third party notice" which needs permission of the taxpayer or a tax tribunal.

"HMRC’s current powers

HMRC has the power to obtain relevant information from taxpayers to check they’re paying the right amount of income tax, Capital Gains Tax, Corporation Tax and VAT. This information is sometimes held by third parties, and if they want to see it, they can issue a ‘third party notice.’

Third parties include banks and other financial institutions, as well as lawyers, accountants, and estate agents.

HMRC can’t issue a third party notice without the approval of the taxpayer or a tax tribunal. It also needs to prove that the information is ‘reasonably required." https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/knowledge/articles/2018/07/can-hmrc-investigate-your-finances-without-permission/

I received no enquiry from HMRC when (2018) I transferred all my retirement money from the US to my UK individual bank account in one go- £230,000.

I did not have to declare it to HMRC as I was non-resident at the time (though my bank has always had a UK address so thought I was UK resident). I didn't submit a tax return that year, and received no communication from HMRC-  unlikely if my bank had automatically had to inform HMRC of this deposit.

EDIT:Of course UK banks have to report interest to HMRC, and do so.

Edited by partington

4 hours ago, partington said:

I don't think this is true.

It seems to be a confusion between the automatic reporting of transactions over $10,000 to the IRS which is law in the United States only, and/or the need in the UK for commercial businesses or sole traders expecting to make single transactions over 10,000euros to register themselves (nothing to do with banks) with HMRC as a "high value dealer".

As far as I can ascertain banks in the UK do not have to report any specific threshold sum paid into a personal account to HMRC. They do have a legal obligation to detect and prevent money laundering, which is mostly achieved by internal safeguards and freezing accounts until enquiries are made. This is a criminal matter and doesn't involve HMRC. For HMRC to look at your bank acount they have to issue a "third party notice" which needs permission of the taxpayer or a tax tribunal.

"HMRC’s current powers

HMRC has the power to obtain relevant information from taxpayers to check they’re paying the right amount of income tax, Capital Gains Tax, Corporation Tax and VAT. This information is sometimes held by third parties, and if they want to see it, they can issue a ‘third party notice.’

Third parties include banks and other financial institutions, as well as lawyers, accountants, and estate agents.

HMRC can’t issue a third party notice without the approval of the taxpayer or a tax tribunal. It also needs to prove that the information is ‘reasonably required." https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/knowledge/articles/2018/07/can-hmrc-investigate-your-finances-without-permission/

I received no enquiry from HMRC when (2018) I transferred all my retirement money from the US to my UK individual bank account in one go- £230,000.

I did not have to declare it to HMRC as I was non-resident at the time (though my bank has always had a UK address so thought I was UK resident). I didn't submit a tax return that year, and received no communication from HMRC-  unlikely if my bank had automatically had to inform HMRC of this deposit.

EDIT:Of course UK banks have to report interest to HMRC, and do so.

lol I said they had to report all deposits over £9,999 to HMRC....I didnt say what may or may not happen subsequently.

Hi Scott, have you been able to transfer the money out of your Thai bank account?

As other members have pointed out (Thank you!) you can transfer money out of your Thai bank account using DeeMoney through our mobile app. The procedure requires you to have a Thai mobile number and to be able to receive an SMS containing an OTP (this can be done by enabling Roaming on your device).

Only document required to sign up is either a Thai Drivers License or Passport (Visa status is irrelevant). Our staff will then need to call you to verify identity and email you the sign-up form to finalize the registration process. Do inform our staff of your situation and we will walk you through all the steps so that everything goes smoothly.

You can sign up at deemoney.com/sign-up

Edited by DeeMoney