Thai govt confirms extension of visa amnesty to 26 Sept

Jonathan Fairfield

43 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The move will allow foreigners in Thailand to either obtain a new visa or have sufficient time to arrange travel to their home country.

Pay for your stay or prepare to go home. 

How much on the visa income reduced for the past few months??? ????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Extra, Extra Read all about it.  Extension to do whats needed by the 26th of Sept. Just a strange date is all.

It's six months from the declaration of the emergency. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

My friend is happy he was struck in cnx,now the extension is happening.his plan is another mth then he is ready to leave for home. many  I imagine would be thinking the same.a good result for people who are struck there

Why is your friend stuck? (or for that matter anybody who actually wants to leave for their home country)

There are flights out of the country with seats available daily, anybody who WANTS to get to Europe for example can.

True, there are folks stuck here from more local countries, Vietnam, PI etc. that do have a problem getting home as they must get on a repatriation flight (to their country) and the wait lists are long, anybody from Europe does not have those flight issues.

• Like 1

Thai Airways are now emailing out "Repatriation flights now available in August to take foreigners in Thailand back to their home country"

Allowing anyone with a Thai ticket out of the country to take a special Thai flight back to their home country.  Now they are doing this, it means the 26th September will be a final cut off date.  If you have not left by then there will be no more extension.

So yes, its extended to 26th Sept but also they are arranging a load of flights August and September for people to get out of Thailand, which tells you, no more extensions. 

• Like 1

This gives 55 extra days... anyone remember the film 55 Days in Peking? I am just waiting for the fighting on the wall to start. For between the country's financial situation going to pot, companies still furloughing people on half salary ... if any, hundreds of hotels restraunts/bars for sale or closed for good, domestic "tourism" being a joke (visiting the grandparents on a long weekend is not tourism), and the run on the Visa Elite package by those in Hong Kong... we had better be ready with the cannon and be coordinated for what will come next.

• Like 1

Just now, iamariva1957 said:

This gives 55 extra days... anyone remember the film 55 Days in Peking? I am just waiting for the fighting on the wall to start. For between the country's financial situation going to pot, companies still furloughing people on half salary ... if any, hundreds of hotels restraunts/bars for sale or closed for good, domestic "tourism" being a joke (visiting the grandparents on a long weekend is not tourism), and the run on the Visa Elite package by those in Hong Kong... we had better be ready with the cannon and be coordinated for what will come next.

As far as I can see ...... the whole world is the same.

• Like 1