Anyone taking testosterone in Thailand. Good or bad reviews?

bbabythai

On 7/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, eezergood said:

The most important one you forgot here is SLEEP!

That said, you CAN POTENTIALLY increase your natural levels. This is very much age/genetic dependant 

Yes, sleep is very important. 
Time to listen to your own body clock.

I want to check my testosterone again soon and I usually get the testosterone test done but they do not do the SHBG test at this clinic.

Does anyone know a place in Bangkok to get testosterone and SHBG blood tests done at a reasonable price to be able to calculate free t levels?

I would be curious to know what prices anyone has paid before for these tests?

3 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I want to check my testosterone again soon and I usually get the testosterone test done but they do not do the SHBG test at this clinic.

Does anyone know a place in Bangkok to get testosterone and SHBG blood tests done at a reasonable price to be able to calculate free t levels?

I would be curious to know what prices anyone has paid before for these tests?

I had a testosterone level test 2 years ago at St Louis Hospital.  You register and make an appointment with a Urologist. After a consultation, he will give you an order for the test. You go back to registration and they order the test and then your blood is drawn at the lab. This test is done by an outside lab and I received the results by mail in about 5 days. Total cost was around 1500 baht.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

I had a testosterone level test 2 years ago at St Louis Hospital.  You register and make an appointment with a Urologist. After a consultation, he will give you an order for the test. You go back to registration and they order the test and then your blood is drawn at the lab. This test is done by an outside lab and I received the results by mail in about 5 days. Total cost was around 1500 baht.  

Did that include SHBG and free t calculation or only total testosterone? 

I can get the total testosterone done for 400baht at a clinic without needing to pay to see a urologist.

• Like 1

So much misinformation in this thread by people who do not take T and have not studied TRT. 

for the benefit of those who are considering it, I have found that weekly injections of 100mg in the thigh are the only way to go. It is too hot in Thailand and I sweat too much to use androgel. The injection takes a couple of minutes and you are good to go for another week. 

i leaned how to do it by a swiss doctor in Pattaya, Dr Oliver Clinic. You can also take HCG to keep your balls from skrinking but it is not available in BKK now due to lack of imports from Covid. Most do not bother with hcg anyways.

Tims pharmacy has everything in Pattaya usually. 

I have seen and talked to many Thai doctors about TRT. They are trained in med school not to ever do it and the subject frightens them. This is opposite USA and I think Europe too. Not gonna change Thai doctors minds. You have to research the internet extensively and there are good threads on Thaivisa. It is worth it. i am 59 and have been on it for three years. No way am I going back to the tired depressed hunched over lifestyle.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm age 63 and may soon go on TRT. I have been studying TRT topic for awhile and looking into options here in Thailand. There are a few Bangkok clinics but I want to find one near to Hua Hin. 

Great and ample info via TRT and Hormone Optimization is avail here https://www.youtube.com/c/FoxPowerBasement/featured

Some things I've picked up in my initial TRT fact-finding... be careful w clinics that push a one-sized fits all protocol. Men have very different circumstances/physiology that may necessitate a different approach. And as some advised here in this thread... start with your basic health habits and diet. Obese men will almost certainly have more issues and getting lean (or leaner) before starting TRT will help greatly. Excess drink/smoke etc will also lessen any TRT benefits and increase possible side effects such as aromatization.

Be very careful with aromatase inhibitors... Long standing protocols for most TRT clinics has been to proscribe them (an AI) standard, to reduce water retention and possible excess aromatization of testosterone Into E2 (estrogens)... but most knowledgeable TRT clinicians are now very reluctant to give these "AI"s standard. There are many side effects from AIs and estrogen has many positive benefits for men (sex drive, bone density, cardio protection, etc.) . Personally, I will not be taking an AI under any circumstance... just too much evidence that AIs cause more harm vs benefit (my 2 cents YMMV).

HCG is also oft proscribed... Some swear by it and others see no benefits. I've had HCG injections here in Bangkok and they did nothing for me. I stopped HCG and won't try again. HCG is very case dependent (age, physiology, etc.). Again, some say HCG really helps them! 

Many clinicians are moving men towards more frequent Testosterone injections (weekly or even as often as daily)... More frequent injections keeps T levels more even and that has significant benefits. T dosing is, of course, reduced when you increase injection frequency, and again, the "ideal" dosing is very case dependent. Also look closely and some of the new Testosterone creams that are being developed by compounding pharmaceutical labs. These creams are NOT to be confused with "gels" like Androgel (not good from what I've read -- again my 2 cents). The new creams are absorbed through your scrotum and work very effectively and many (who tried both injections and creams) say creams are better than injections. The creams will boost dihydrotestosterone or DHT more so than testosterone injections... that has some libido benefits (DHT is the caveman hormone) but excess DHT may also accelerate your top of head hair loss, if you have that propensity. 

Getting blood work done first is key. But even more important is finding a doctor who knows how to properly analyze your results. If you go to a clinic that says they automatically prescribe an AI ... run, don't walk, away. 

My views are only theoretical as I've not yet started TRT.... I'm waiting to father a child ... in vitro in process now ... and then (only then) will I begin TRT. 

My daily supplements include

Pregnenealone 

DHEA

Vitamin D3

Vitamin K2 (helps w D absorption) 

Melatonin 

Zinc 

Vitamin C
Fish Oil

One other thing that I have found to be true over the years of doing weekly injections in the thigh is that less is more with testosterone. 

the enthanate ampules available in Thailand are 250mg. For many men the suggested dosage is 100mg/week for TRT.

But there is always the temptation to do 125mg/week as otherwise you would prepare two syringes of 100mg. each and then throw away 50mg of leftover testosterone.

But for me going up to 125mg/week inevitably leads to higher hemocrit blood test result (can be dangerous) and higher estrogen (which means adding Arimidex)

everything works better and I feel better at 100mg/week or even 100mg. every 8-9 days. 

Hope this helps someone as I feel we are on our own here in Thailand doing TRT. I have never found a Thai endocrinologist knowledgeable or helpful for TRT. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:28 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Testoserone caps available at pharmacy. 900 baht 60 caps one a day within a month you be different person.

Don't over look regular exercise. 

Have the injection every three weeks instead.  540 baht for three ampoules so 180 baht a shot + I pay 80 baht for the local doc to administer it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Testosterone injection, depend on where do you get the medicine and right prescribtion.

I have the experience with improve testosterone by nutrition, diet and also bioidentical testosterone injection or gel.

I would love to share what you should start and less complication and side effect.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, tc88888 said:

@Mister Fixit what is the name of the clinic where you get shots done for you?

And does anyone know any clinics that will do it if I bring in my own testosterone, that is closer to central Bangkok?

Medconsult Clinic at the Racquet Club (Sukhumvit 49/Thong Lo area) will do this. The charge is 200 baht.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, tc88888 said:

@Mister Fixit what is the name of the clinic where you get shots done for you?

And does anyone know any clinics that will do it if I bring in my own testosterone, that is closer to central Bangkok?

It's a small local one woman band clinic near The Mall Ngam Wong Wan in Nonthaburi.  I've been going to her for all sorts of things for about 15 years  - sniffles, cuts, once a burn which got infected.

I started at Bumrungrad but the injections go too expensive and a nurse I knew got me in at  Phramongkutklao which was fine for a while, but I still had the faff of going down town and waiting for ever in a queue.

This clinic is 300 yards from my wife's shop and 2 miles from home so I asked her and she said she'd do the shots.  I also have a B12 deficiency, so every 3 months she does that as well.  

When I remember, she gets my testosterone levels tested for about 800 baht but they are always within normal range.  If ever they drop badly, I'll go and see an endocrinologist.

I am sure you'll find a clinic which will do it for you.  They are on just about every corner because many Thais can't afford big hospitals and clinics are way cheaper.  However, I think you'd probably need to show some proof you need the treatment.

Let me know if you want more info.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, tyler28 said:

Medconsult Clinic at the Racquet Club (Sukhumvit 49/Thong Lo area) will do this. The charge is 200 baht.

Does that include the meds or is it just the cost of the shot and you bring your own meds?

This is a great thread.......

Can anyone who has experiences with the following Testosterone products please add any pros or cons with what one of these might have over another in your opinion, from your experience......I am trying to understand all of this so any help would be most helpful.....Thanks 

Also what did you find was the best dosage and schedules for these different Testosterones? Thanks a lot

Injections

Testosterone Cypionate

Testosterone Propionate

Testosterone Enanthate

Capsules

Testosterone Anandecanoate

Testosterone Undecanoate

Papersource posted earlier in this thread he did well with 100mg  Enthanate Testosterone every week to 8 or 9 days...

I have just about ruled out the gels and creams,I have read about to many side effects where they make people sweaty and hot.....

Edited by redwood1

7 hours ago, tyler28 said:

It is just the cost of the shot if you bring your own testosterone.

Rather more expensive than my local lady doctor in Nonthaburi who charges 80 baht and that includes the syringe!

And she's 3 kms away and not all the way down town and a wasted morning travelling.

7 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Rather more expensive than my local lady doctor in Nonthaburi who charges 80 baht and that includes the syringe!

And she's 3 kms away and not all the way down town and a wasted morning travelling.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Someone earlier in the thread specifically asked, "Does anyone know any clinics that will do it if I bring in my own testosterone, that is closer to central Bangkok?"

I responded with the name of such a clinic.

I'm not sure how you got the idea that I was proposing that you abandon your current choice of clinic and visit the one I mentioned instead, or why you feel you need to explain your reasons for not doing so. My post had nothing to do with you.

For lowering SHBG - look into Boron.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21129941/

Provironum (Mesterolone) does not mess with the HPTA. Neither does it convert to estrogen. Many guys take 50 mg per day. It is available in Patts. 50, 25mg tabs for 650 baht. PM me for pharmacy location.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjDhr_btqnvAhWSxzgGHXG0DjwQFjAAegQIAxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMesterolone&usg=AOvVaw3OEkUm1HhMjw6znkhMkaEY

probably case-by-case, but at what age is there usually a significant drop.

running does seem to raise T.  getting upset at dumb people, also raises T.  

and go to BKK and talk with many women.....raises lots of things.  lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had some blood work done i got an email with the results , I have a follow up early next week , what are these number showing in regards to my testosterone level? 49 yr old male who doesnt drink or smoke and exercises 4 time per week .Thx  in advance . 

test.png

Edited by greg71