05 : Building a house - Nong Kung Si - New Drawings, New Builder

We found a new builder since the first one was not working out. The new builder had multiple ideas to help us solve the problems we were struggling with. They had a "set" design that was 5 bedrooms with a Hong Pra. We started with that design and added/changed a few things.

ModernTageMarketing_NoPrice.thumb.JPG.fd79a5c81c6898cd2f1a19bc46f08b19.JPG

We added a garage, a workshop, and an outside kitchen. We modified the layout of the upstairs bedroom/bathroom.

This is our drawings currently - 360 m2 house. Lots of room!

ModernTage_FirstFloor_20200517.thumb.jpg.d265c855c31b1436e2664218b42ac338.jpg

ModernTage_SecondFloor_20200517.thumb.jpg.f3c31f075f1e9182e8d9ee11eaad0626.jpg

We recently changed the kitchen from the west side to the east side and we removed almost all windows from the west side of the house. I'll post those drawings when I have them.

That should complete the major changes. We should not be moving anymore walls. Now we will be moving onto the detailed design - plumbing, water tanks, electric, low voltage, interior design, etc. etc.

Note: I already have a double AAC block exterior wall around the whole house. Builder charged extra for this ????

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

And here is the 73 item list that I provided to the builder to fix. You can see many things I learned here and from the ebook "Building a House in Isaan".

Feedback to Modern Tage - Aug 2020.pdf

We were hoping to move up the break ground date to November 2020 (currently set for August 2021), but I don't know if the builder can get all their stuff together by then. And they need to address all my changes. So I am still expecting ground breaking in August of 2021.

Next steps:

Get plane tickets for November - check

Get new drawings from builder

Check those

Run by American Architect for final check

Continue to try to purchase the lot next door

Note: I'll post a new thread when I get updated drawings

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Would be very interested to see pictures of what is actually produced in reality to that of the pretty picture illustration.

Agreed cost and final cost, and dont forget the "quantity of vallium" contingent. ????

Best of luck with your project.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cost agreed to and final cost - I assume those will be different ????

There is also the "extras" - interior design, watershed and water filter equipment, appliances, electronics, fans, LED lights, solar, generator, etc. etc.

I will post more and definitely show the final pics, see how they compare with the plans.