Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Here we are a few weeks later, many things have changed.

Source : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/asylum-seekers-uk-home-office-deport-flights-immigration-a9676461.html

It begins...the gloves are off, this is just the beginning. They're all going back.

Not under this govt. They couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery if they were locked in!

• Haha 2

On 8/14/2020 at 4:16 AM, torturedsole said:

I'm fond of the fashion and style of the 60s and 70s as I lived it.  Not something I would want to go back to but my top cheesy 70s items of clothing were my Birmingham Bags and knitted tank tops, adorned with shoulder-length hair.  

How much did the extra hair cost?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Well done on spotting that; despite the sub editor hiding the fact behind the words "10 options to ponder" in the headline. No fooling you!

If not one of these options, what do you suggest?

Do you really still believe that the Brexit promised by Cummings 4 years ago, the one where we ditch all the responsibilities of membership yet keep all the benefits, was ever a real possibility?

Can you give a link to that Cummings promise......?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Cummings was the de facto boss of Vote.Leave.

Look through their campaign literature, press releases etc. and you'll find plenty of promises that the EU would be falling over themselves to let us to keep access to the customs union and single market after we'd left.

Although, prominent politicians from Vote.Leave, including Johnson, have since tried to deny that they said any such thing! What Vote Leave leaders really said about no-deal Brexit.

Are you now saying Cummings did not make promises that we can have a link too...?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Well done on spotting that; despite the sub editor hiding the fact behind the words "10 options to ponder" in the headline. No fooling you!

If not one of these options, what do you suggest?

Do you really still believe that the Brexit promised by Cummings 4 years ago, the one where we ditch all the responsibilities of membership yet keep all the benefits, was ever a real possibility?

Still? I never believed that, or anything like that, and I would say that the large majority of leave voters didn't either. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Cummings was the de facto boss of Vote.Leave.

Look through their campaign literature, press releases etc. and you'll find plenty of promises that the EU would be falling over themselves to let us to keep access to the customs union and single market after we'd left.

Although, prominent politicians from Vote.Leave, including Johnson, have since tried to deny that they said any such thing! What Vote Leave leaders really said about no-deal Brexit.

It shouldn’t be very hard to do a free trade deal very rapidly. Boris just forgot who he has to deal with, that's all. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

I have to suppose that you mean unequivocable.

However the message here is clearly a suggestion, not a promise.

News Flash: Boris promises a 2nd referendum, with a clear voting choice: 'Let's leave the EU, maybe? Not promising you anything. What do you think?'

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

It would be interesting if there was a fact check process to ascertain how many leave voters interpreted messaging as a policy commitment as opposed to 'promises'. have a read of the article below, please no 'lefty' media deflection, but a reasoned response if you wish to reply.

The Vote Leave campaign made at least three key promises that were the basis of their victory. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/eu-referendum-reality-check-leave-campaign-promises

Would be great if you and others did not post links from The Guardian or The Independent, as we all know they are anti everything rags.

But, you still don't get it, the vote was to move away from the obvious future United States of Germany, that's it, we have, new road ahead, get over it, with your continuing BS that does nothing for me or most who are now free.

Ahyhooo, you should concentrate on helping Romania out with modernising a local railway... ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1