Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

the EU mafia are so angry they would shoot themselves rather than do a deal ..its like leaving a mexican drug cartel ,,they just cant bear losing all the free fish from uk waters which amounts to a tidy sum of cash .. so they would comit hari kari

Often called “hara-kiri” in the West, “seppuku” is a form of ritual suicide that originated with Japan's ancient samurai warrior class. The grisly act typically involved stabbing oneself in the belly with a short sword, slicing open the stomach and then turning the blade upwards to ensure a fatal wound

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 12:40 AM, Andrew65 said:

Though Starmer is much better than JC, I can't really see what would be so much better with him as PM.

he will never be in no10 as its all bluff from lefty journos bigging up sir wooden head ,hes under orders of the unions and never can escape them ..bojo will be back in power at the next GE

• Haha 1

brexit fisheries row: Denmark facing 'devastation' without UK waters

BREXIT trade talks are ongoing as the EU remains desperate to keep access to UK waters - and an expert has highlighted that one country is preparing for "devastation".

PUBLISHED: 09:13, Thu, Aug 20, 2020 | UPDATED: 13:41, Thu, Aug 20, 2020

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1325147/brexit-news-fisheries-denmark-uk-waters-eu-trade-talks-spt
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don't think Leavers believed it any more than it was intended to be believed. Only the Remainers are still taking it literally.

More fool you, if you believe what's plastered on the side of a bus.

Well at least you are finally admitting Vote.Leave lied.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I would like to say that it's amazing that you have dodged a question with a reply you now claim was 'tongue in cheek banter!'

But it happens so often it's not amazing; it's expected.

I give up ????

image.png.a3aa9e89765ea8375f3353b44b7c768c.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I actually believe that will be the case. This Prime Minister thing is simply to much work and takes up too much time for someone as lazy and workshy as Johnson.

Personally, as I've said many times, Johnson wont jump; he'll be pushed.

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Personally, as I've said many times, Johnson wont jump; he'll be pushed.

Nah would look bad to the Brexit faithful if he was publicly pushed. Would cost the tories votes.

Behind closed doors then yes he may well be given the amount of animosity Dominic Cummings is generating within the party and civil service but it will all be covered with a story about how Johnson wants to spend time with his new family or some other BS.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The promises were made by Vote.Leave. That's a fact proven by their own campaign literature and quotes from Vote.Leave politicians in the press; all previously linked to.

So another question for you to dodge with Chubby Checker references: are you saying you don't, maybe never did, believe the promises made by Vote.Leave and it's political spokespeople; that they lied to us?

You believe they were promises. I don't believe they were, anymore than all the remain fear-mongering and lies. I think that the word 'claims' is more accurate. '

Most of these 'promises' were made by people who had small chance of being in a position of power, post referendum. How could they credibly promise anything? 

These types of claims/promises made by both sides are to be expected in any political contest and anyone able to realise that would have ignored them.

Beer O'Clock.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and corbyn will arise from the ashes like a magnificent phoenix,and the people will vote for his financial acumen.

What's Corbyn got to do with it? Nothing.

You don't seem to have noticed, but he resigned as leader of the Labour party last December.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

!

We didn't pay £350 million a week and then get £75 million a week refunded; the rebate was deducted before we paid.

"Rebate" means 

"a partial refund to someone who has paid too much money for tax, rent, or a utility."

"pay back (such a sum of money)"

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02teYiOPSZoEQxDElfuK3K4T2LrVA%3A1598016139193&source=hp&ei=i8o_X_ykCZ_hz7sPiKWssAU&q=rebate&oq=rebate&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIICAAQsQMQgwEyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BAgjECc6BQgAEJECOgUIABCxAzoCCC46BQguELEDOggILhCRAhCTAlDoBFj-D2C1FWgAcAB4AIABb4gBrQSSAQM1LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwi8lseCsqzrAhWf8HMBHYgSC1YQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

39 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I can answer but you were twisting as usual.

This forum has years worth of Brexit stuff - all of these questions have been asked and answered to death - that's why I am so bored to go through this SOS yet again. That the UK could leave the EU and remain in the single market and customs union was never likely. That would have required a major change on the EU side. A lesser change would have been relaxation of single market rules, or a sensible trade zero or ultra low tariff agreement to keep EU/UK trade moving easily. From the way all of these so-called 'negotiations' have panned out, then it looks like both sides will only back down after this year, once it's clear that the economic self-hurt cannot be continued. The UK may hurt more in the beginning but I see greater long-term pain for the EU.

This answer is my opinion - no links - so don't ask.   

Well you've answered at last.

If leaving the EU and remaining in the single market and customs union was impossible, why did Vote.Leave tell us that it was?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I'll ignore for the moment that we could have had most of what Vote.Leave promised with May's deal, had Johnson, Rees-Mogg and the ERG not scuppered it for their own personal ambition.

Errm  ,wasnt those from the Left who voted against everything  proposed , trying to get Brexit delayed and postponed the reason why Mays deal didnt get passed in Parliament ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

incredible,

remainers and leavers same same sheyte,

digging into the past (which is history guys) --- copulate that

we, even this forum along with LoS and the foggy islands are now heading into the future

that is smth to debate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

"Rebate" means 

"a partial refund to someone who has paid too much money for tax, rent, or a utility."

33 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You believe they were promises. I don't believe they were, anymore than all the remain fear-mongering and lies. I think that the word 'claims' is more accurate. '

Most of these 'promises' were made by people who had small chance of being in a position of power, post referendum. How could they credibly promise anything? 

These types of claims/promises made by both sides are to be expected in any political contest and anyone able to realise that would have ignored them.

Beer O'Clock.

"People who had small chance of being in power"

You must mean Boris Johnson; as he was one of those making these promises/claims/forecasts or whatever term you prefer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

"Rebate" means 

Everyone, including Thatcher, called it a rebate, that's good enough for me.

But whatever you want to call it, it was deducted before we paid, so we did not pay £350 million per week; that was a lie.

I wont mention the money we did get back in research grants, farm subsidies etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1