Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

image.png.bcbc1b5ddfe2b00c9197fbd05fd3356a.png

Had Boris & Co not saved from the clutches of the EU, that is how much they would have us pay. Thank god for the big red bus.

You obviously adhere to the philosophy that if one repeats the lie often enough, people will believe it is the truth.

Understandable: it worked for Vote.Leave in 2016 well enough to push the vote in their favour; just.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If Johnson, Rees-Mogg, the ERG and their bedfellows voted for May's deal, it would have passed.

It always amuses me when Brexiteers call May's deal 'BRINO' because Johnson's preferred deal is, apart from selling out Northern Ireland, virtually identical in all significant details!

Thank god for JRM and the ERG. 

Are you still amused when Barnier bleats that he won't reopen the agreement for Frost? I am because that's what he must do to make a deal, or we Leave with No Deal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yet again twisting and now also confused. I'm not peddling anything.

May's 'deal' is not the 'deal' being discussed now, it was the WA, which remains largely intact as was, even after Boris's tweaks. It was and is a disaster and should have never been signed off. As there seems to be no agreement on a trade deal then it seems it was all pretty much a waste of time anyway. The EU continue to want to lay down the rules and sequencing in all negotiations even when there is no basis for them being able to do that; this was the same as the WA and PD talks and Barnier thinks that it's OK just to carry on and keep dictating. The EU cannot get over the fact that the UK has actually left the club and wants to be treated like any 3rd country w.r.t a future trading relationship. The EU have never treated any other country as badly and with less respect than they are treating the UK now. 

You may have noticed that Merkel and Macron are increasingly assuming spokespersonship for the EU. This will probably happen more and more now and could actually result in some positive results, for a change.  

I like your spirit to keep dreaming .....????

You are out AND a third country ...so accept the consequenses for it 

Do not count on Merkel to give in ,as for the unification of Germany the Germans brought big financial sacrifices .... and so they also will be doing  to keep the E.U. engine & idelogy intact .

Not forget the Germans are ages a very discipline following people for a common purpose .....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Agreed. The only people bleating about that bus are the self-proclaimed 'democrats' who don't know the meaning of the word.

They say that immigration was the hot-topic in the Brexit debate. One thing being that all the main parties in the UK, Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP are all staunchly pro-immigration, as is the EU. Effectively people didn't have any say in the matter, like it or lump it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

But as Norway is not an EU member, it has no voting rights, no say on how this money is spent.

...does it excuse them from having to spend billions bailing-out countries like Spain, Ireland & Greece who refused to tax their people properly?

Norway is not in the EURO-zone.

• Thanks 2

(Another Tory Catfight in the making ?…..And no Cameron around now...to solve it with ….a referendum ? )????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/21/row-breaks-tory-party-whether-tax-rises-needed-plug-hole-public/

Tory row over tax rises to plug £2trillion debt 
Treasury is concerned about the  level of UK debt but the PM’s chief adviser Dominic Cummings favours spending cuts rather than tax rises 

By Charles Hymas, 
Home Affairs Editor and Camilla Tominey, 
Associate Editor  21 August 2020 • 9:30pm 

A Tory row has broken out over whether tax rises are needed to plug the huge gaps in the public finances as UK debt rose above £2 trillion for the first time.

Boris Johnson is resisting tax rises to restore public finances as it is claimed the Treasury is piling pressure on Chancellor Rishi Sunak to claw back some of the billions spent propping up the economy and funding manifesto pledges as he prepares for the Autumn statement.
Some Tories believe that spending cuts alone will not be sufficient to plug the hole and that tax rises will be needed in the medium term, while others disagree  and are pushing instead for tax cuts to help revive the economy.

As figures on Friday showed the UK heading for a £350 billion deficit from the pandemic rescue package, Mr Sunak warned that the Government faced “difficult decisions”.

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I'm sorry, but what is it you didn't understand about "they have no say on how the money is spent?"

They pay the agreed amount, and the EU decides how to spend it. Norway has no say on that.

and have freedom of movement

38 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

They say that immigration was the hot-topic in the Brexit debate. One thing being that all the main parties in the UK, Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP are all staunchly pro-immigration, as is the EU. Effectively people didn't have any say in the matter, like it or lump it.

actually the politicians might all love immigration,indeed labour "sent out the search parties to rub the right wings noses in it" didn,t do the british working man any favours,then ukip started getting popular amongst the people,cameron got worried and staged a binding referendum using 9million pounds

10 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Kingdong, what confused you in my post 126 please ?

of tax payers money on a project fear letter.however the people voted once 3 years ago to leave the eu and after 3 years of lies and chicanery voted for boris in an overwhelming victory,power to the people.its what democracy is all about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There's nothing wrong with being pro immigration. What people object to is the tsunami of freeloaders picking and choosing their way across multiple borders & the odd sea or two before turning up unannounced & potless & not being immediately sent back at their own or their countries expence.

5000 so far this year (& that's only the ones HMG will admit to!)

I don't like it as a taxpayer or because of the health and security implications that would have been appropriately screened if they had applied through the correct channels.

and the expense,britain is 2 trillion pounds in debt,as to "send them all back" had a very close relative whose job was to do that you would not believe the expense involved in repatriating just one illega! back,they must be stopped from getting in in the first place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and the expense,britain is 2 trillion pounds in debt,as to "send them all back" had a very close relative whose job was to do that you would not believe the expense involved in repatriating just one illega! back,they must be stopped from getting in in the first place.

Who picks up the tab when any of us get deported from LoS?

HMG are far too soft, as is apparent in the livestream from Nottingham i'm currently monitoring...

Edited by evadgib

46 minutes ago, kingdong said:

actually the politicians might all love immigration,indeed labour "sent out the search parties to rub the right wings noses in it" didn,t do the british working man any favours,then ukip started getting popular amongst the people,cameron got worried and staged a binding referendum using 9million pounds

of tax payers money on a project fear letter.however the people voted once 3 years ago to leave the eu and after 3 years of lies and chicanery voted for boris in an overwhelming victory,power to the people.its what democracy is all about.

It's getting lost in the mists of time now, but at the time of the referendum Mr Cameron & the Tory Party's official line was that they wanted Britain to remain in the EU.

On your other point, 43% of people voted Tory/for the winning party in the last election. In fact, the last time that the winning party was voted for by the majority of people in a UK election was 1936 (Neville Chamberlain).

CONCLUSION .....brexit did not solved the refugee crisis for U.K.....for those who thought it would , and so voted !

...if that clear up already 1 point...next point of complains ????...

Edited by david555

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

CONCLUSION .....brexit did not solved the refugee crisis for U.K.....for those who thought it would , and so voted !

true it hasn,t yet,which is a feather in the hat to all the political traitors who did all they could to prevent the uk leaving,their treachery was rewarded by a land slide victory for boris who will take us out of the eu.

39 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It's getting lost in the mists of time now, but at the time of the referendum Mr Cameron & the Tory Party's official line was that they wanted Britain to remain in the EU.

On your other point, 43% of people voted Tory/for the winning party in the last election. In fact, the last time that the winning party was voted for by the majority of people in a UK election was 1936 (Neville Chamberlain).

boris took the tory government from a hung parliament to an overwhelming majority .talking about neville chamberlain his return from germany clutching his "peace in our time " document reminds me when cameron went to the eu iǹ the spring with his cap in his hand and they laughed in his face,both got the gooner after,talk about history repeating itself.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, kingdong said:

boris took the tory government from a hung parliament to an overwhelming majority .talking about neville chamberlain his return from germany clutching his "peace in our time " document reminds me when cameron went to the eu iǹ the spring with his cap in his hand and they laughed in his face,both got the gooner after,talk about history repeating itself.

If Boris cannot produce a white rabbit by Easter I can see him being ousted as leader by the time Parliament rises for the summer of 2021. Quite how that will work isn't yet clear as I have no idea who is up to the (post Brexit) job other than Farage or Doris Karloff.

I wish Maggie was still around...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

true it hasn,t yet,which is a feather in the hat to all the political traitors who did all they could to prevent the uk leaving,their treachery was rewarded by a land slide victory for boris who will take us out of the eu.

"boris who will take us out of the eu....?????? "

I thought you are out already from 1 Januari 2020....? ????

But still hanging on E.U.' skirt ????...or what are you doing else on the negotiating table ...????

U.K. Man up and go  make your dream come true as the E.U. consistant from beginning told you what was possible and what not

...and Boris landslide victory has only effect in Westminster / U.K. ....must be frustrating i guess to see it stops at somwhere in the Channel...?  ( i dont know the correct gps position ... but i am sure the dinghy channel crossers has the needed equiptment ????)

but it is a reality .????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If Boris cannot produce a white rabbit by Easter I can see him being ousted by the time Parliament rises for the summer of 2021. Quite how that will work isn't yet clear as I have no idea who is up to the (post Brexit) job other than Farage.

I wish Maggie was still around...

Easter....? what you think about Christmass , reading the comments on the Thorybible ... many are pointing finger ....and no , they are no remainders ... change in the ideology seems ..????

Or did the guardian bought the Telegraph maybe ..?????????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

"boris who will take us out of the eu....?????? "

I thought you are out already from 1 Januari 2020....? ????

But still hanging on E.U.' skirt ????...or what are you doing else on the negotiating table ...????

U.K. Man up and go  make your dream come true as the E.U. consistant from beginning told you what was possible and what not

...and Boris landslide victory has only effect in Westminster / U.K. ....must be frustrating i guess to see it stops at somwhere in the Channel...?  ( i dont know the correct gps position ... but i am sure the dinghy channel crossers has the needed equiptment ????)

but it is a reality .????

Unlike yourself.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I have other comlpains about cheesy taste.