Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes. My parents fought against that common purpose once.

Yes sometimes it has excesses , but points out the almost blind dicipline ....hence my remark ...dont count on Merkel ...she wont give in ...

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

(Another Tory Catfight in the making ?…..And no Cameron around now...to solve it with ….a referendum ? )????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/21/row-breaks-tory-party-whether-tax-rises-needed-plug-hole-public/

Tory row over tax rises to plug £2trillion debt 
Treasury is concerned about the  level of UK debt but the PM’s chief adviser Dominic Cummings favours spending cuts rather than tax rises 

By Charles Hymas, 
Home Affairs Editor and Camilla Tominey, 
Associate Editor  21 August 2020 • 9:30pm 

A Tory row has broken out over whether tax rises are needed to plug the huge gaps in the public finances as UK debt rose above £2 trillion for the first time.

Boris Johnson is resisting tax rises to restore public finances as it is claimed the Treasury is piling pressure on Chancellor Rishi Sunak to claw back some of the billions spent propping up the economy and funding manifesto pledges as he prepares for the Autumn statement.
Some Tories believe that spending cuts alone will not be sufficient to plug the hole and that tax rises will be needed in the medium term, while others disagree  and are pushing instead for tax cuts to help revive the economy.

As figures on Friday showed the UK heading for a £350 billion deficit from the pandemic rescue package, Mr Sunak warned that the Government faced “difficult decisions”.

Nothing at all to do with the topic.

36 minutes ago, kingdong said:

boris took the tory government from a hung parliament to an overwhelming majority .talking about neville chamberlain his return from germany clutching his "peace in our time " document reminds me when cameron went to the eu iǹ the spring with his cap in his hand and they laughed in his face,both got the gooner after,talk about history repeating itself.

When Chamberlain left office he was dying of cancer.

When Farage went back to Brussels his words were: 

"17 years ago when I told you that I'd take Britain out of the EU you all laughed at me, well, I must say, you're not laughing now are you".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

they must be stopped from getting in in the first place.

Exactly. 

As I mentioned before, the E.U. is not able/doesn't want to do it. 

Next year the U.K. is in the possibility to do it by creating special immigration rules and regulations. 

It is my opinion they won't do it either. 

Will see if I am wrong. 

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, make sure you don't get new information, it might make you well informed.

More assumptions about what I know and read every day, tut, tut. But expected. ????

I post very little rag links because they are written by a bloke with his own personal view content.

After reading a certain guys stuff, after many years, my conclusion is he is an anti-UK chap, so I treat him that way, plus links from lefty rags are out for me, always the same ol' cr_p to appease the anti-folk. ????

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So you are calling Vote.Leave's campaign literature "condescending and biased!"

Really?

Where have I said that you did?

You seem to have a problem understanding posts or you just like twisting stuff, I will go for the latter.

"Condescending and biased" is you, not literature.

"I don't have anyone on ignore", you must read between the lines for that one, some others understand..????

12 hours ago, david555 said:

(Another Tory Catfight in the making ?…..And no Cameron around now...to solve it with ….a referendum ? )????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/21/row-breaks-tory-party-whether-tax-rises-needed-plug-hole-public/

Tory row over tax rises to plug £2trillion debt 
Treasury is concerned about the  level of UK debt but the PM’s chief adviser Dominic Cummings favours spending cuts rather than tax rises 

By Charles Hymas, 
Home Affairs Editor and Camilla Tominey, 
Associate Editor  21 August 2020 • 9:30pm 

A Tory row has broken out over whether tax rises are needed to plug the huge gaps in the public finances as UK debt rose above £2 trillion for the first time.

Boris Johnson is resisting tax rises to restore public finances as it is claimed the Treasury is piling pressure on Chancellor Rishi Sunak to claw back some of the billions spent propping up the economy and funding manifesto pledges as he prepares for the Autumn statement.
Some Tories believe that spending cuts alone will not be sufficient to plug the hole and that tax rises will be needed in the medium term, while others disagree  and are pushing instead for tax cuts to help revive the economy.

As figures on Friday showed the UK heading for a £350 billion deficit from the pandemic rescue package, Mr Sunak warned that the Government faced “difficult decisions”.

Off topic.....????......

And stop worrying........????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, david555 said:

CONCLUSION .....brexit did not solved the refugee crisis for U.K.....for those who thought it would , and so voted !

...if that clear up already 1 point...next point of complains ????...

We haven't left 100% yet, wait till after the new year to post your EU worried stuff....????

10 hours ago, david555 said:

"boris who will take us out of the eu....?????? "

I thought you are out already from 1 Januari 2020....? ????

But still hanging on E.U.' skirt ????...or what are you doing else on the negotiating table ...????

U.K. Man up and go  make your dream come true as the E.U. consistant from beginning told you what was possible and what not

...and Boris landslide victory has only effect in Westminster / U.K. ....must be frustrating i guess to see it stops at somwhere in the Channel...?  ( i dont know the correct gps position ... but i am sure the dinghy channel crossers has the needed equiptment ????)

but it is a reality .????

Says the worried EU guy.....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

We haven't left 100% yet, wait till after the new year to post your EU worried stuff....????

Where you get that idea.......that we are worried ......

?????????????

Was it not you remembering us for big tax rise because the U.K. money missing .....

Now Karma is coming by Sunak prediction ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No assumption at all, just read your own final paragraph in this quote.

Information leads to knowledge, refusing information to lack of knowledge.

Very funny, but making assumptions again, carry on, good fun.....:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh i cant wait ...1 Januari ....????.( more a few days later ..) to watch the ...impact ....at Kent.... please keep some place reserved for the dinghy arrivals ..as they need some open space too...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Where you get that idea.......that we are worried ......

?????????????

Was it not you remembering us for big tax rise because the U.K. money missing .....

Now Karma is coming by Sunak prediction ????

1. I read your posts.

2. You missed out the C19 expense.

You're not a Brit, yet you are engrossed in running down the UK over Brexit, you are worried, but the poor EU countries will carry on partying eh....:intheclub:

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

1. I read your posts.

2. You missed out the C19 expense.

You're not a Brit, yet you are engrossed in running down the UK over Brexit, you are worried, but the poor EU countries will carry on partying eh....:intheclub:

Well as that  is your idea of a party ...enjoy it ...????

• Haha 1