Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Another Brexiteer lie that you've fallen for.

The ECHR was first mooted in 1948 by, among others, Winston Churchill. It was signed in 1950 and the UK was a founding signatory. There are currently 47 signatories, which includes the 27 EU members.

The ECJ is the EU's court. The ECHR has it's own court; the European Court of Human Rights.

But the ECHR does not stop the UK from deporting asylum seekers, especially those whose claims have failed.

Official figures show that the European Court of Human Rights has thwarted more planned deportations by Britain than any other country.

The controversial “Rule 39” procedure was recently used by judges in Strasbourg to prevent Abu Qatada, the extremist cleric, being sent back to Jordan in case evidence obtained under torture was used against him.

It has also been used by Somali criminals and failed Tamil asylum seekers to remain in the country.

Under the Rule 39 powers of the European Court of Human Rights, judges can issue interim measures that are binding on nation states if they believe the applicant “faces a real risk of serious, irreversible harm if the measure is not applied”.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It probably doesn't matter one iota as this government, headed by a muppet, is capable of mismanaging everything from the Coronavirus, the NHS, the Care home deaths, their own backbenchers, Russian infiltration, and the economy - which will be funded by the taxpayer for decades after. 

It's a pity that Starmer won't be in Downing St until winning the 2024 election- or hopefully earlier if a no confidence vote is successful. As for fishing rights who'd want to risk their health by consuming polluted fish anyway? 

England - I'm sad to say is currently a waste of space... 

hell will freeze over before starmer gets into no10 ,hes a complete blockhead .the voters want to punish em for cheating voters over brexit..hitler has more chance of getting into no10 than starmer

Just now, 3NUMBAS said:

hell will freeze over before starmer gets into no10 ,hes a complete blockhead .the voters want to punish em for cheating voters over brexit..hitler has more chance of getting into no10 than starmer

He's very different to Corbyn. Also, with Boris as leader, (with a big majority) I would't hazard a guess at what might happen over the next 4 years.

(I'm not & never have been a Labour supporter by the way).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, david555 said:

Yes  you are right …. but how many country's they crossed already from example West Africa or Eas t Africa BEFORE they reach Europe or even England …. so those neighboring country's responsibility and the refugee ….who have ….. "dear choices for economic improvement" not to suppose save his life..... economic refugees  throwing away passports to avoid send back …. send back to where..???

No, I repeat: NO refugee gets an EU member state passport only a "permit to stay"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

England doesnt have independence though .

Are you aware that England , Scotland , N.I and Wales , all are part of the United Kingdom ?

Did you think that Scotland N.I and Wales are part of England ?

Correct. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland are nothign more that English occupied territories in Europe. They even cannot get them free from the English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No, I repeat: NO refugee gets an EU member state passport only a "permit to stay"

Unless after many years when following the legal way....but a 5 years stay permit is almost giving them the same rights ...and many woman trying to born baby with local country nationality man ..and so they are good as mother of a baby with nationality from E.U. country .....could call it " a baby extension granting "...lol

Edited by david555

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Is this answer on a post of me ...? Did i say they get immediate citizens passport...can not remember ....only that some reach that status in some " solution "ways and then try to marry another by a money transaction ....

Edited by david555

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

Drastic changes are coming in the next 3-4 weeks.

They won't know what hit them but they know it's coming, we left the EU many months ago.

With no deal on the table there's a lot more leeway and we won't be playing ball with the French.

For example, how many 1000's have washed up in boats since we left the EU? What will they do when we send them all back to France?

You're joking? You'll abandon Genever Convention? Are you intend of being animals next? I'm sure you don't want this little kingdom to drown soon or dump into former medievil times? ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It probably doesn't matter one iota as this government, headed by a muppet, is capable of mismanaging everything from the Coronavirus, the NHS, the Care home deaths, their own backbenchers, Russian infiltration, and the economy - which will be funded by the taxpayer for decades after. 

It's a pity that Starmer won't be in Downing St until winning the 2024 election- or hopefully earlier if a no confidence vote is successful. As for fishing rights who'd want to risk their health by consuming polluted fish anyway? 

England - I'm sad to say is currently a waste of space... 

Starmer is a globalist shill, a member of the Trilateral Commission. He kept that fact, and its implications, under the radar in the run-up to the Labour leadership contest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nausea said:

It's all bluff, of course you pretend you're going for no deal, basic negotiating strategy stuff.

you brexiteers have been saying that for years.i would be a lot more confident if we had anyone else but this lieing <deleted> in charge.time to <deleted> or get off the pot

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

You're joking? You'll abandon Genever Convention? Are you intend of being animals next? I'm sure you don't want this little kingdom to drown soon or dump into former medievil times? ????

abandoning Conventions on Genever would likely severly upset the Dutch .. .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

We've just spent 3 years watching it happen.???? (Most of it with Mrs May as PM).

Expect another 3 years with nothing happening ..

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Maybole said:

I agree, there never was any intention from the beginning.

That's fair enough. There was no mention of a deal on the referendum voting paper. 

• Like 2

Genuine question - for those who support Brexit, financially how will the UK be a success? 

Forget immigration for a moment, which just seems to be over run by xenophobes getting all excited. Purely financially, what steps could the UK take?

There are plenty of states worldwide who don't have trade deals with the EU, or neighbouring countries, and do well, with GDP in excess of 5% every year. 

I keep hearing Singapore on the Thames? I keep hearing we could become a low tax economy and get plenty of investment, flexible working standards ( ie reduce working standards) for workers which will make us more attractive for those in Europe who would not want to deal with the burden of European rules and hoops. 

As policies what could we implement to give us an advantage? 

Please no rerunning the referendum or smart alec remarks how it's all wrong. What's happened has happened. How do we make a success out of it, or make the best out of it.

• Like 1