Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

the EU cartel was never going to give up their monthly payments as the loss is too much to bear but they loose the divorce payments as well and they still end up with WTO rules anyway ,,so they cut of their nose to spite their face in the end,,UK can get their fruit and veg from morocco and north africa and spain can keep their fruit and veg which is grown by illegal migrants in polly tunnels in almeria southern spain..dutch can keep their bacon joints and sausages as its available in UK

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

What rule did the EU make that effected you? As an average joe (like me) 99% of decisons that effect you will be made in the UK. 

Was it bendy bananas ?  I

1975, there's a referendum on whether or not Brits want to stay in the EEC.

If the truth were told:

In 7 or so years time there will be 3 million + people unemployed, 10 years after we joined.

Fast forward to the 1990's, the Soviet bloc has collapsed and most of the countries subsumed into the EU. Fast forward again, the entire population of the EU is to be given the right to come and live in the UK, all 450 million people.

On this day in 1975 do you vote to stay in the 'EEC' which is just a free trade area, with that knowledge.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

1975, there's a referendum on whether or not Brits want to stay in the EEC.

If the truth were told:

In 7 or so years time there will be 3 million + people unemployed, 10 years after we joined.

Fast forward to the 1990's, the Soviet bloc has collapsed and most of the countries subsumed into the EU. Fast forward again, the entire population of the EU is to be given the right to come and live in the UK, all 450 million people.

On this day in 1975 do you vote to stay in the 'EEC' which is just a free trade area, with that knowledge.

I ask again, what laws did the EU implement that you did not like?

Stop talking about freedom like you some sort of William Wallace. 

faff3a1036ba04eebeac128dae742e37.jpg

Edited by AndrewMciver
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndrewMciver said:

Genuine question - for those who support Brexit, financially how will the UK be a success? 

Forget immigration for a moment, which just seems to be over run by xenophobes getting all excited. Purely financially, what steps could the UK take?

There are plenty of states worldwide who don't have trade deals with the EU, or neighbouring countries, and do well, with GDP in excess of 5% every year. 

I keep hearing Singapore on the Thames? I keep hearing we could become a low tax economy and get plenty of investment, flexible working standards ( ie reduce working standards) for workers which will make us more attractive for those in Europe who would not want to deal with the burden of European rules and hoops. 

As policies what could we implement to give us an advantage? 

Please no rerunning the referendum or smart alec remarks how it's all wrong. What's happened has happened. How do we make a success out of it, or make the best out of it.

Anyone?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the UN state that refugees should seek asylum in the first safe country they arrive in?

Seems a stretch to say they trek across Europe to find the country they 'want' to be in, and thats not a problem.

But I'm an American we have out own immigration problems, but seems to me, if illegal immigrants or refugees land on EU territory it's for EU countries to sort out, not the UK

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country/

19 hours ago, nausea said:

It's all bluff, of course you pretend you're going for no deal, basic negotiating strategy stuff.

Agreed.

There WILL be a deal and it will be struck at the 11th hour as it always has been and always will be in politics.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

No sign of give anything at all from Boris. We just need to wait and see what Dominic tells him to do next.

I am a trained negociator/buyer and Boris' team are doing absolutely the right thing at the moment. They aren't exactly playing from a position of strength so need to play hardball on the limited aces they have.

I'd be more worried if they were in this position on 30th Dec!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Just a reminder that the UK is OUT, the salty tears of the losers here is still flowing and its not even December yet ????:clap2:

Stay mad please, be funny to see how mad the losers can get over the next year or so, especially the SNP when it becomes clear there is no leaving and blew the one chance they had this century ... ahh well I guess some are born to rule, others to be ruled.

1580515125605.jpg

OK I'll bite. Why are you happy that we are leaving the EU ?

11 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Fair enough but all I'll ask is this. In what way has your life been affected because of lack of self determination? What do you REALLY think you are going to get back because of "self determination".

Its a straw man argument and tbh if you have to ask there is little point in my answering it at length....ill put it like this...  

If you are allowed to rent and you can afford it forever with all the maintenance and responsibilities would you want to own your house ? Either you know and care about the difference and prepared to to do what is required or you dont. 

Personally I would go to great lengths to assure I own my own home etc but I know plenty of people who just dont or want the responsibility..I dont care what they want to do as long as they dont try to force me to rent too... I hope that answers your Q ????

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Fair enough but you went and posted your meme so I think you should explain again ????

All I'll ask is this. In what way has your life been affected because of lack of self determination? What do you REALLY think you are going to get back because of "self determination".

If someone said they were cancelling all elections in the UK for 100 years and selecting a member of the elites to be PM for life CCP style, but they could offer a genuine, absolutely guarantee that your day to day life wouldn't be affected, would you just sit back like a pleb and take that because you wouldn't really notice it?

The fact is that many things will change over the next decade. Some for better some for worse. But this is not the point. The point is that some things are bigger than a couple % points of GDP. Some of those things are autonomy, sovereignty, self determination. Remainers generally are prepared to auction those things off to the EU for a trade deal, a few % points here and there. Leavers are not.

However rather than acknowledge the Leavers different point of view, their different priorities, the Remainers instead choose to insult them and call them stupid, racist, bigoted etc. while simultaneously claiming to hold the intellectual high ground. It's quite amusing when you take a step back and look at it. ????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There is only one country in the world that trades only under WTO rules

Arguing against a strawman again. Typical Remainer tactic ????.

Nobody is suggest we trade ONLY under WTO rules. We have many trade deals with other countries signed and many more in the pipeline. We will trade with the EU under WTO rules temporarily, until they stop sulking in their room and come down for dinner.????

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Another lie from the Brexit camp.

Most countries have trade agreements with their major trading partners.

Only one country does not and so trades purely on WTO terms; Mauritania. (Source)

But that is changing as Mauritania has been in trade talks with the EU for the last two years. (Source)

So tell us; if trading just on WTO terms is so wonderful; why does nobody else want to do it?

You seem to have the same reading comprehension issues as welovesundaysatspace. Nobody is suggesting the UK will trade ONLY on WTO terms. That would be ridiculous.

In fact, we've already rolled over 19 of the 40 trade deals we had as part of the EU. We are working on 18 more.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842

We are also working on trade deals with countries the EU doesn't have deals with such as USA, India, Australia etc.

We also don't have to pay 100 Billion Euros into the EU wealth transfer scheme post Covid19. 

Plus we get to dance in Remainer tears and laugh at their strawman arguments. It's really a great time to be a Brexiteer! ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Please check what I was replying to before you post something. I was refuting your claim that “most trade is done under WTO rules”. That doesn’t seem to be the case. 

So I now understand you are back peddling from your initial argument (it can’t be that bad because most trade is done under WTO rules) to actually we don’t want to trade under WTO rules, we will have many trade deals, even with the EU eventually?   

I have checked. You are wrong again.

I said I have no worries trading with the EU under WTO rules since most trade is done under WTO rules. This is correct 

https://fullfact.org/online/how-much-trade-wto-terms/

You said "Only one country trades ONLY under WTO rules". 

That was a strawman argument, since I wasn't claiming we'd trade with everyone under WTO rules, just that I wasn't concerned doing that with the EU until they stop sulking and agreed a deal.

Got it now? You're welcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Most of those 19 deals being rolled over are only temporary until new deals can be reached.

In total those 19 deals cover a whopping 8% of UK trade.

You Brexiteers really got yourselves in gear and the end of the transition period is going to be absolutely seamless ????

You realize we are in July? Let's see how many have been rolled over by December 31. We finally have clarity that the EU won't be acting in good faith in negotiations so we will ramp up rolling over the remaining deals. The 19 we've done already were pretty easy, so much so it went pretty much unreported by the MSM, I'd be willing to bet you didn't even know we'd done it until you read the article. I don't see why we can't do another 19 in 6 months, as we're proposing the same terms there's nothing very complicated to agree apart from "Do you want to roll over the existing agreement? OK then sign here".

As for the 8%, on one hand you're saying we'll collapse without these amazing deals the EU has negotiated for us, and then when we roll them over you downplay those same deals "It's only 8% anyway". Can't have it both ways ????.

You also ignore the additional deals we can do that the EU has failed to do. Such as USA, India, Australia.