Sukumvit Question

llso

I was just talking with my Thai wife and daughter and we were wondering if LEE's Restaurant on the corner of Sukumvit at Soi 15 is still there. We used to live near there and the old man was quite old. They had the best duck anywhere. We haven't been back to BKK in 5 years.

For a while, they were operating take-out only, tables and chairs stacked up.  Perhaps full service by now.

I used to love the tables, so old the Formica surface was worn down to bare wood.

Though I found many restaurants with better duck, none had that amazing "Old Sukhumvit" retro vibe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

If you mean Yong Lee it was certainly still operating in October last year as in this google Street View image.

Crossy, are you sure the name is Yong Lee for the one on Soi 15? As there is another famous Yong Lee on Sukhumvit on the side going out of town near soi 39.  Its famous for Poo Jah, one of the few places its all crab these days, also Plakapong Pad prik dam, and their satay with a thick slice of white bread.. Also years of business. You can eat in and watch the hi/so upper crust drop by in their Benz's for take out food.

58 minutes ago, marin said:

Crossy, are you sure the name is Yong Lee for the one on Soi 15?

Zoom in on the image I posted, name and phone mumber are on the sign over the door ????

• 2 weeks later...