Getting ones name on the Tabian Bahn

cnxgary

You can't have your name in a blue TB.

As requirements vary from one office to another it's best to visit your local amphur (or khet if in Bangkok) to get a list of what they need.

We needed originals and copies of my passport, wife's TB and ID card, residency cert from immigration, marriage certificate and translation, document Kor Rohr 22 (Kor Rohr 2 if married in Thailand) and a couple of witnesses / referees, one of whom had to be our pooyai bahn and the other a teacher.

Once you have a yellow TB it is simple to obtain a pink ID card at the same office.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Muton said:

As requirements vary from one office to another it's best to visit your local amphur (or khet if in Bangkok) to get a list of what they need.

We needed originals and copies of my passport, wife's TB and ID card, residency cert from immigration, marriage certificate and translation, document Kor Rohr 22 (Kor Rohr 2 if married in Thailand) and a couple of witnesses / referees, one of whom had to be our pooyai bahn and the other a teacher.

Once you have a yellow TB it is simple to obtain a pink ID card at the same office.

Good info. Witness must be currently fully employed in Government Position.One funny sad thing they wanted my Parents Christian Names who died 40 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Good info. Witness must be currently fully employed in Government Position.One funny sad thing they wanted my Parents Christian Names who died 40 years ago.

Thanks, on re-reading my post I realise that I should have had an additional word:

"one of whom had to be our pooyai bahn and the other a teacher."

Should have been written:

"one of whom had to be our pooyai bahn and the other was a teacher."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

You got it easy. They wanted my parents death certificates of similar vintage. Not saying anything but looking very angry and saying it was impossible, threatening to walk out, they relented.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

As a permanent resident your name must, by law, go into a blue House Register within 14 days from granting the permanent residency status. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

As a permanent resident your name must, by law, go into a blue House Register within 14 days from granting the permanent residency status. 

True but extremely unlikely to be relevant in this case. I assumed that anybody who had been through the PR process would be fully aware of that. On that basis I replied to the OP, using "you".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

True but extremely unlikely to be relevant in this case. I assumed that anybody who had been through the PR process would be fully aware of that. On that basis I replied to the OP, using "you".

I got my PR back in 1988 and was neither told nor could have read it up and was given the verbal lecture in unclear terms so "to abide and respect the laws as of now". An acquaintance of mine got his PR in 2013 (dont know if any PR were granted since 2014) and nobody told him either. 

Hence my comments was in completion to your statement of "You can't have your name in a blue TB"; hope you dont mind ???? 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, Blue Muton said:

It was basically the same requirements in Doi Saket.  I decided it wasn't worth the effort.  Same for Pink ID.  The only thing I see coming up where I would use it is a drivers license renewal every 5 years and I can use a residency certificate.  Vehicles are in my name now and if I buy new it will be in wife's name or use a residency certificate. Friends who do have a yellow book have said they never used it.  Other's experience may differ.  Obtaining a Usufruct and having my name placed on the house papers, Chanote, for the home we purchased was easy and more important. 

Edited by silverhawk_usa

That Pink things useless. Did my 5 Year yesterday. Passport Number wasn't the same as the old Licence, so that was altered to new P/port No on new one, copies required like Imo. As for Friends advice stuff it, they dont issue licences, that beady eyed Lady behind the Counter does. In all very easy.:coffee1:

4 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

That Pink things useless. Did my 5 Year yesterday. Passport Number wasn't the same as the old Licence, so that was altered to new P/port No on new one, copies required like Imo. As for Friends advice stuff it, they dont issue licences, that beady eyed Lady behind the Counter does. In all very easy.:coffee1:

What does this have to do with the topic??

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, pineapple01 said:

Never heard the Thai witness had to be fully employed in a Govt. position! 

Maybe if my aged parents couldst come to Thailand I could wait for their death certificates.

I eventually got the yellow Tabien baan, but I had to wait several years for one person to leave the office.

Mine was done at the Tesaban in Suthep (Suthep has two).  Passport translation can be done at CMULI for 300 THB.  The important thing is the translation of your name...so if you have used one before, tell the translator.  Requirements vary from impossible to routine.  I have been in BKK for two years, and still use my CM yellow book.  It is handy.  I need to return to CM so that they will switch it at my new home.  The first step was getting the CoR from Immigration, which required proof of address.  That was done across the street from Promenade..but that was five years ago.