Two Thai immigration officers transferred for allegedly taking visa extension bribes

webfact

I suspect they acted illegally and took the whole cut for themselves, by passing agent referral, big mistake as with an agent the boss of the office normally gets the lions share

No wonder they got caught

• Like 1

a French friend +- 28 years old told me about10 days or 1 week ago before the decision to extend the grace period that he was asked 69000 baht to have a 15 months visa in Koh Samui...or else, kicked out....but now..there is a new free extension, so, the guilty officers will have to wait again until they can ask prohibitive amounts like this, in Jomtien, it's "only 20000" insted of 2000 for 3 months+1900 for 12 months extension..hahaha (do they include multiple re-entry permit maybe too ???? ?)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

they should be all FIRED, without pension, for open corruption ...

visa agents that can give you MAGIC visa while IO does everything to deny your legal stay, should also be put in jail ... or those agents that don't need the 800k for the old timers...

but, hey, TIT, nothing will change and those IO will be transferred, keep low for a while and continue what they started...

I wish they DEPORT all the farangs using this SCAM via agents

and judged with heavy fines to reimburse (refund+taxed) that money illegally earned 

I have always wondered, how so relatively many Thais can afford to drive expensive imported luxury cars and own 50-100 Million Baht and up property.

Edited by Xonax
  • Haha 2

When I lived in Pattaya one of my Thai neighbors working for immigration was doing retirement visas out of his house for 5,000 Baht.  When I lived in Korat I saw many people hand over money and whiskey for bribes.  These things have been going on for yrs. A letter of residence use to be free now from 200-500 Baht suppose to be free 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Good. I have personal experience of immigration demanding similar bribes to extend visas of foreign workers under our employ. 

never understood this transferring system. Why don't they just sack them.   

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It will if only stupid farang grow some balls upon arriving at an immigration office. No receipt. No pay. What's the officer gonna do? 

They tried to charge me 4-500 Baht (no receipt) to transfer my old passport stamps to my new one. I refused to pay. Did I get kicked out. No.

Did I get my stamps transferred? Yes no problem. No charge.

1500 baht to transfer stamps in Samui and an extra 3000 baht if I wanted my extension done that day.  Please come and investigate here.  When I hesitated, she said that passports have been known to go missing.  My extension is coming up next month, any suggestions?

Edited by parallaxtech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

1500 baht to transfer stamps in Samui and an extra 3000 baht if I wanted my extension done that day.  Please come an investigate here.  When I hesitated, she said that passports have been known to go missing.  My extension is coming up next month, any suggestions?

Come back with a flamethrower and burn the place to a crisp?

• Haha 1