Jump to content
BANGKOK
FolkGuitar

Hat's off to Chiang Mai Immigration!

Recommended Posts

A troll post and the replies have been removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..must make you feel good getting one over them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, Pilotman said:

Jomtein is the same.  I never have any complaints about their attitude or speed and efficiency of the service.  Certainly no sign that they don't want us here. 

How can you complain about a 1 year extension taking 10 min or less? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How can you complain about a 1 year extension taking 10 min or less? 

indeed so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´ve been to a few IO´s.

Some suck bt,

some are excellent.

Happy to see you had a good experience   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear from so many satisfied IO customers. Add me to the list. For over 40 years I've never had a problem with Thai Immigration, never been near an agent and, up to now, at 78 years of age, have no intention of doing so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Good to hear from so many satisfied IO customers. Add me to the list. For over 40 years I've never had a problem with Thai Immigration, never been near an agent and, up to now, at 78 years of age, have no intention of doing so. 

May I know which method did you use? 800k or monthly transfer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good days coming back !!! Wonderful. 
Then it is the time to move back to Chiang Mai. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where oh where are all those people who were positive that things were only get worse fast?  There were threads full of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, FolkGuitar said:

 

My wife never had a problem before either, Greenside. She has a favorite pen that she's used for years. But this year... or this Immigration agent... decided she needed to redo her entire application form, not just a signature.

 

I was quite surprised as so often I've been told 'only use black ink' on various documents that I've filled out. My 'favorite' pen happens to be blue ink, so I've always been aware of this sort of thing. I never heard word one from Thai officials before. Very odd...

Apparently using Blue Ink has something to do with photo copying... At least that's what I have been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Apparently using Blue Ink has something to do with photo copying... At least that's what I have been told.

Very true!  'Light blue' ink is often used for temporary mark-up of documents when they are to be copied and you don't want the markings to be seen. But that's a VERY light 'sky-blue' color pencil made especially for that application, and very different from the blue ink found in usual pens. You can see the difference here. No reason for requiring forms filled in with normal blue ink to be changed. They copy as well as black ink.

 

 

 

Ink.jpg

Edited by FolkGuitar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my renewal back in June with an appointment. Process took about 15 minutes, quite a change from before. Tricky part is the new bank statement requirements. I printed a copy of instructions in Thai for the bank agent and that was a big help. Overall morale at immigration seems to be better, I even got a thank you from the IO. I also did my 90 day at the drive through after a 4 day holiday, immigration was crowded but they had personal directing traffic. Even then it took only about 15 minutes. It helps to have the form filled out before you enter the drive though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drive thru for 90 day seems to be working well with almost no waiting.

 

How about expanding it to take TM 30 updates too?  Get those 90 day people online or into the mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Very true!  'Light blue' ink is often used for temporary mark-up of documents when they are to be copied and you don't want the markings to be seen. But that's a VERY light 'sky-blue' color pencil made especially for that application, and very different from the blue ink found in usual pens. You can see the difference here. No reason for requiring forms filled in with normal blue ink to be changed. They copy as well as black ink.

 

 

 

Ink.jpg

I beleive they want it in Blue Ink to show that it's a real genuine signature rather than a photocopied one. Of course the fact it could be a colour photcopy seems lost on some Thai Immigration offices.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 11:03 AM, jonesthepost said:

I went tuesday fill in the form in black ink no problem but was asked for a year bank statement which I had. So is  year bank statement now required by all for non O retirement extension   

If using income method, but how many months do you show if the 800k is in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...