Hat's off to Chiang Mai Immigration!

54 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

If you need to validate your conspiracy theory, I'm sure you will find a way.  Such is the nature of conspiracy theories.

I have no conspiracy theory in spite of your efforts to create one.

And a bit of payment for expedited service certainly does not necessitate some conspiracy theory.  Again you go off on drama.  It is your drama, I opt out.

Edited by Bill97
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did our one-year renewals this morning, a month and a half late. Not too worried thanks to the visa amnesty. Same for our 90-day report. We arrived at 8:00am, (motorcycle parking is now across

Had a very similar experience last week.... Visa renewal and 90 day report.   Knew there was an amnesty til the 31st. Didn't want to wait til the last minute to avoid the then I'm sure huge crowd.  

Jomtein is the same.  I never have any complaints about their attitude or speed and efficiency of the service.  Certainly no sign that they don't want us here. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

I have no conspiracy theory in spite of your efforts to create one.

And a bit of payment for expedited service certainly does not necessitate some conspiracy theory.  Again you go off on drama.  It is your drama, I opt out.

You are absolutely correct. "expedited service certainly does not necessitate some conspiracy theory. "

Nor does it mean that there is corruption afoot.

It's certainly much more plausible that the Immigration department has a standard fee schedule for expedited service, as I've said all along. There is expedited service for Residence Certificates, and has been for years. Not corruption. Expedited service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bill97 said:

No it is not necessary for every member of the Thai Immigration Police to be corrupt.  You have failed to consider numerous alternatives and instead have jumped to an unreasonable conclusion.  Really, give it some thought.

There are numerous ways agents can pay for expedited services without a requirement that all IPOs are corrupt.

The extremism and drama in your posts has destroyed credibility.

OK, Bill97, give it some thought yourself!  Do something useful and list the "numerous ways agents can pay for expedited services...corrupt."  Don't be extreme.  Don't be dramatic.  Just back up YOUR assertions with facts.  Or, at the very least, detailed suggestions of method.

I am not saying you are right or wrong.  Just back up YOUR comments instead of just criticising others with a toss-off comment or two!

35 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

OK, Bill97, give it some thought yourself!  Do something useful and list the "numerous ways agents can pay for expedited services...corrupt."  Don't be extreme.  Don't be dramatic.  Just back up YOUR assertions with facts.  Or, at the very least, detailed suggestions of method.

I am not saying you are right or wrong.  Just back up YOUR comments instead of just criticising others with a toss-off comment or two!

I don't agree with Bill97, it's not individual officers but generally the entire department that is corrupt.

Which is not to say that every Immigration department is corrupt, but CM is certainly 100% corrupt. 

And the corruption begins with them having to buy their jobs.

I expect there are some rural Immigration offices where the staff are 100% honest, and nobody had to buy their jobs. But all the offices in busy tourist areas will have every staff member participating in corruption and accepting a share of the bribes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

Do something useful and list the "numerous ways agents can pay for expedited services...corrupt."

To whom and for what purpose would that be useful?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, South said:

Did 90 day report yesterday, all of 1 minute. Told me to report back 28th October. Visa expires 8th September 😟😲🥴

lol.

Nothing abnormal about that as that's the usual process. When you do your 90 day they will then tell you when you're due for your next 90 day reporting regardless of your Visa (ext) expiration date.

I last did my 90 day in June and was told to report back in September even though my extension was going to expire in July.

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Not sure, but Thailand may have an AA program

What has a motoring organisation (Automobile Association (AA)) got to do with a discussion about CM Immigration?

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

CM is certainly 100% corrupt. 

Where is your proof to back up that statement!

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't agree with Bill97, it's not individual officers but generally the entire department that is corrupt.

Which is not to say that every Immigration department is corrupt, but CM is certainly 100% corrupt. 

I expect there are some rural Immigration offices where the staff are 100% honest, and nobody had to buy their jobs. But all the offices in busy tourist areas will have every staff member participating in corruption and accepting a share of the bribes.

The abject absurdity of some posts just makes me squint...

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, fangless said:

Where is your proof to back up that statement!

My proof would be the ability to buy a retirement extension for 25k with no money in the bank and no income.

But I can't show you a receipt as they don't give them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
56 minutes ago, fangless said:

What has a motoring organisation (Automobile Association (AA)) got to do with a discussion about CM Immigration?

That so called motoring organization is AAA....  because we all know America is the only one that counts.....  now had you said American Airlines.....  🙂

• Haha 1
On 7/27/2020 at 2:22 AM, FolkGuitar said:

We were told that we need to photocopy every page in the bankbook that has transactions or updates. I only update that account book once a year, and never add or withdraw from it so there are only a few filled-in pages showing interest added or fees debited.

That's why IO now requires a 12-month bank-statement, because some banks consolidate the transactions when not regularly updating your bank-book, and as a result IO can not check whether you didn't slip under the 800K/400K tressholds.

Of course that 12-month bank-statement is redundant when you do regularly update your bank-book so that it shows all transactions, but the 12-month bank-statement has now become 'part of the rules' irrespective of whether you update the bank-book regularly or only do one transaction yearly. 

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

but CM is certainly 100% corrupt. 

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My proof would be the ability to buy a retirement extension for 25k with no money in the bank and no income.

But I can't show you a receipt as they don't give them.

Please answer my actual questions without  going off on a tangent. 

Where is your proof that "CM is certainly 100% corrupt." and that "the corruption begins with them having to buy their jobs".

I assume you are aware of the defamation and libel laws of Thailand!

Just now, fangless said:

I assume you are aware of the defamation and libel laws of Thailand!

Don't give a flying one.

Didn't take long for your new account to get on my ignore list.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1