Non-B single entry for 1 year, without leaving Thailand

Recently visa/accounting companies started offering a new kind of visa - pay 30k THB and get a 1 year Non-B visa straight in the local immigration office, no need to exit the country for the usual visa run. This visa is "single entry" - you need to request a re-entry permit every time you plan to exit Thailand, but this visa does not require border runs - you can stay the whole year in the Thailand, not usual 90 days + 90 days + 90 days + 90 days.

Could anyone confirm that this is a real deal? I've never heard about such visa before. Is it some special "COVID19" offer from the government, or some kind of bribe? AFAIU you always have to exit the country to get the visa because it is the external consulate who grants you the right to enter the country, and gives you a visa.

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1

I would not be a legit non immigrant visa (category B) and then a one year extension of stay. It is done under the table at immigration with help from a agent the collects the 30k baht from you.

Ubonjoe has it outlined correctly for you.

There are only two ways of getting Non-B: on invitation of a company for business purposes, or through your own invitation as a company director.

Invitation on behalf of a company is easy to do, and usually around 13-15k for the documents + your visa fee and visit to an appropriate consulate. You would not get a 1 year entry stamp but would be 1 year multi-entry with 90 day entry stamp if done legit.

I assume you don't have a Thai company with the required 4:1 ratio for converting a non-B to a 1 year entry stamp, nor an existing Non-B so it's definitely an under the table deal.

Does that matter? Probably not - 30k all inclusive is a pretty good price as I'm quoted around the same for converting an existing legit Thai Company Director Non-B into a 1 year entry stamp when not having the correct ratio of employees.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

converting an existing legit Thai Company Director Non-B into a 1 year entry stamp when not having the correct ratio of employees.

- this is my case, currently I have a "usual" Non-B visa with 90 days stamp. Both already expired, btw ????

I think I'll go this way if the mandatory quarantine will not be lifted in August-September.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, fdsa said:

Recently visa/accounting companies started offering a new kind of visa - pay 30k THB and get a 1 year Non-B visa straight in the local immigration office

Where are all these 'agents'? Obviously I don't expect anyone to post their street address on this forum - but a few strong hints would help - or better still; PM me with some useful contact information. And please: spare me comments based around the moral highground of using agents for visa extension/alterations etc.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BaiLao said:

Where are all these 'agents'? Obviously I don't expect anyone to post their street address on this forum - but a few strong hints would help - or better still; PM me with some useful contact information. And please: spare me comments based around the moral highground of using agents for visa extension/alterations etc.

The same companies offering company formation services, including the big international firms.

I have been told by the local office of one of the global consultancy firms that at this point in time the office where a company has to go to get a pre-approval (i.e. one of the documents required for the non-imm B application at a foreign embassy) is still closed. Hence, applications for new non-imm B and work permits to work for a Thai registered company is not possible until further notice. Anyone have different info, I woud be most interested. Cheers.

Today I finished renewing for the first time my "retirement visa".   It is good for 1 year and each out and in of Thailand is 1000 baht.  The cost was 1900 baht.   I had to have the bank letter saying the 800,000 baht was in the bank now and for the last 2 or 3 months.  My wife is head of the family and the tabee-in ban is in her name.   I am in Singburi where they have few farangs and it took nearly 45 minutes to complete.  28,100 baht under the table?  It makes me wonder.

To get a non B you need a Wp3/ Wp2 acceptance letter to submit along with all the other requirements,

as of now they are not issueing those letters until the international flight ban has been lifted ( as of now its 31st July.. which is most likely going to be extended again)

no WP letter = no non b... ( for boi companies hiring foreigners.. schools have a much more easier pathway to getting a non b. But not everybody is in the teaching field.

its an impossible task right now for me to get this and according to Richard barrow immigration have made it clear that September 26th is the FINAL day for the amnesty and it will defo not be extended again so I can only hope they start issueing those wp letters after 31 July.. and let us get the non B inside Thailand..

Again.. before anyone says you can get the non b in house.. one of the requirements is that you need the wp acceptance letter a lot of people seem to not realise this. 

7 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

according to Richard barrow immigration have made it clear that September 26th is the FINAL day for the amnesty and it will defo not be extended again

This is not correct. Immigration doesn't decide if there is an extension or not, this is done by the cabinet. Immigration was already against the extension to 26th September, but the Cabinet still granted it. I think it's unlikely that there will be a further extension, but i can only speculate about it and so can immigration.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

This is not correct. Immigration doesn't decide if there is an extension or not, this is done by the cabinet. Immigration was already against the extension to 26th September, but the Cabinet still granted it. I think it's unlikely that there will be a further extension, but i can only speculate about it and so can immigration.

Talking to an IO yesterday who also said September 26 is the final date for amnesty although it was ref' people who don't have the option of married or retired extension.

Those who entered on 30 days stamp might have another 30 days if they have an embassy letter requesting further 30 days because of severe Covid problems in their home country and in any case it will be decided on a case by case basis.

I would seriously suggest anyone on amnesty extended 30 day entry to go and have a chat with their local Imm' office.

However, as we know the whole situation is fluid? at the moment, but still, forewarned is forearmed.