Honda Big Wing -Finance

ScouseTommy

Has anyone got experience of financing a bike from here? I know we can do it (as Farang) because I have two friends who bought bikes from BKK on finance. I was initially told finance is "...for Thai people only" but I pushed my caser and showed details from my friends finance deal in BKK. I have a deposit lodged and provided (the hundreds of pieces of paper) the finance company requested. I keep getting told they will call me then nothing happens. Would appreciate knowing if anyone else has done this in CM specifically at Honda, how long it took and what additional hoops they had you jump through. Also am getting fed up and wondering if Kawasaki are easier to deal with? TIA

I believe that those with existing work permit can be financed on a monthly basis but not those without regular Thai income like retirees, marriage to Thai and tourists.

They are not going to take the risk with foreigners.

If you don't have a work permit, just pay all in cash as I did. 

Anyway, I find the sales staff at Honda Big Wing to be very unfriendly nowadays towards foreigners unlike a few years ago when I bought my bike there.

Edited by EricTh

So - update... It seems the finance guy was telling HBW that he needed more from me inc. Visa etc. Which was nonsense as I gave them this 3 weeks ago. I went to HBW and they called Finance whilst I was there. He accepted that actually he didn't need any of the things he was asking for, but needed one more document from my Thai Guarantor. I don't know why he did not mention this 3 weeks ago, but got it sorted and signing the papers today.

The actual staff at HBW have been really polite and helpful I have zero issues with them (and have read old reviews). 

On 7/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, ScouseTommy said:

So - update... It seems the finance guy was telling HBW that he needed more from me inc. Visa etc. Which was nonsense as I gave them this 3 weeks ago. I went to HBW and they called Finance whilst I was there. He accepted that actually he didn't need any of the things he was asking for, but needed one more document from my Thai Guarantor. I don't know why he did not mention this 3 weeks ago, but got it sorted and signing the papers today.

The actual staff at HBW have been really polite and helpful I have zero issues with them (and have read old reviews). 

Mind telling me what type of visa do you have to get a finance?