Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

i believe thats precisely what i am asking!

very good point about the pool size though

So.....as referred to above if you had a modern 3 bed detached villa in a nice neighbour hood , half of them had pools the other half didnt, how much more would you pay for one with a MAINTAINED pool thats 8m x 4 m, that is a pool that great for kids but not really great for adults as they cant do 'proper' swimming in that(IMO)

assume a rental in the order of 25000 baht a month

 

I accept the point made earlier that this is all academic

thanks

Like I said, I'd pay 500bht/month extra.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

i believe thats precisely what i am asking!

very good point about the pool size though

So.....as referred to above if you had a modern 3 bed detached villa in a nice neighbour hood , half of them had pools the other half didnt, how much more would you pay for one with a MAINTAINED pool thats 8m x 4 m, that is a pool that great for kids but not really great for adults as they cant do 'proper' swimming in that(IMO)

assume a rental in the order of 25000 baht a month

 

I accept the point made earlier that this is all academic

 

thanks

 

 

Not sure if this is the answer you want, but my thinking would be the pool makes your property more 'rentable' over those who dont have one. So I would say the uplift is zero, I would rent your house with a pool over the others without.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My local pool costs 40bht and is much bigger than a home pool and 100m from my house.

If I used it 3x a week that would be 120bht,

 

It'd be worth say 500bht/month.

I don't have to clean it either.

I’m with Britman on this.  If it was in Chiangmai, I’d pay the ฿1000 membership fee for the 700 year sports complex which would then allow me use of the gym, Olympic sized pool for ฿30 per use (also the diving pool), and beautiful tennis courts for ฿50/hour.  To have a pool at home I’d perhaps pay an additional ฿500 to 1000 but no more than that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gabe H Coud said:

would really appreciate hearing from anyone on this, thanks 

7.86%-13.87% +/- 42%, approx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gabe H Coud said:

i believe thats precisely what i am asking!

very good point about the pool size though

So.....as referred to above if you had a modern 3 bed detached villa in a nice neighbour hood , half of them had pools the other half didnt, how much more would you pay for one with a MAINTAINED pool thats 8m x 4 m, that is a pool that great for kids but not really great for adults as they cant do 'proper' swimming in that(IMO)

assume a rental in the order of 25000 baht a month

 

I accept the point made earlier that this is all academic

 

thanks

 

 

Cannot be used by adults for laps/exercise, therefore no interest.

 

How many families paying 25,000 a month rent have kids?

 

The electric bill increases by running the pool pump, so besides the high rent is more cost.

 

Question? You keep comparing to houses with no pool? Why are there so many houses for rent there?

 

If there are a lot of houses for rent, it MAY help you get a tenant ahead of others houses without a pool 50/50 chance

 

Some people do not want a pool and the increased electric bill.

 

Price your rent where you want. If you see other houses renting and not yours, I guess you figured out the rent is too high.

 

Is the pool out in the open or enclosed in a screened-in enclosure?

 

People may not want to deal with mosquitoes in the evening so they would stay in the house and not use the pool?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get exactly what the Op is asking. 

All other things being equal, how much more would someone be prepared to pay for a house with a serviced pool vs one without. 

A 3BR house in a nice area etc..   THB25,000 per month rent.

I’d be happy to pay an additional 4-5000 baht for the house with the pool. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I get exactly what the Op is asking. 

All other things being equal, how much more would someone be prepared to pay for a house with a serviced pool vs one without. 

A 3BR house in a nice area etc..   THB25,000 per month rent.

I’d be happy to pay an additional 4-5000 baht for the house with the pool. 

add in a couple more thousand for the electric bill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

add in a couple more thousand for the electric bill

 

mine costs approx 800 baht per month for electricity, for a 10m x 5m pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

mine costs approx 800 baht per month for electricity, for a 10m x 5m pool. 

Is your bill broken out separate for the pump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Is your bill broken out separate for the pump?

No, I just compare the bills before it was built, to those after it was built.  

 

Edit: to add context; the house was built 5 years ago and we had the pool completed 2.5 years ago

Edited by Pilotman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 4:30 PM, Peterw42 said:

The whole landscape has changed, whatever the rent with/without a pool was, is probably a moot point nowadays. 

Someone may be able to advise what the premium for a serviced pool was (if any) but it may be a while before there is any demand for long term expat rentals.

 

 

im with you all the way re different market now

 

but in all seriousness do you have any actual 'evidence' of rentals dropping? Have you or friends renewed leases on houses/condos at say 20% less than before? Or can you refer me to any articles re (for example) Bkk/Chiang Mai rents dropped 19% in the last quarter.

 

Anything like that would be really useful for my purposes. 

 

The main population centres are of most interest to me( as you say long term expat rentals)

 

thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decent built pool quickly adds 1 million to the building cost.

 

So if the house cost 5 million to build, than the pool would warrant a fifth of the rental price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Susco said:

A decent built pool quickly adds 1 million to the building cost.

 

So if the house cost 5 million to build, than the pool would warrant a fifth of the rental price.

whilst accepting that a pool can be 20% of total build cost i would argue that that in itself doesnt mean you will automatically get 20% premium on the rent

 

build costs do not not always return rent 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, bwpage3 said:

I think the question you should be asking the forum members, is how much extra they would be willing to pay for a pool?

 

Might find out the answer is zero?

 

But the main reason for that answer is because most critics members on this forum think the world owes them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

im with you all the way re different market now

 

but in all seriousness do you have any actual 'evidence' of rentals dropping? Have you or friends renewed leases on houses/condos at say 20% less than before? Or can you refer me to any articles re (for example) Bkk/Chiang Mai rents dropped 19% in the last quarter.

 

Anything like that would be really useful for my purposes. 

 

The main population centres are of most interest to me( as you say long term expat rentals)

 

thanks all

I am in Pattaya, and in the local facebook property groups now seeing places that were advertised for 8k, now 6k a month. 8k was always the lower end in my condo block, now seeing adds for 6 k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...