Prayut’s warning doesn’t faze youth groups planning to continue protests

webfact

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nothing will change, the only good party was future forward the rest is all bad and in it for themselves. So without a good alternative nothing will change. Stupid junta for disbanding them.

A very confusing comment. If nothing will change, how does that make the junta stupid?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I doubt whether very many of the participants in this movement will have been old enough to vote for Thaksin, or his sister. 

I suspect that those of them that have voted almost certainly voted for Future Forward.

If the Junta falls ( and it won't step aside in the interests of fairness, that is as naive an expectation as imagining that the Junta only took power for very limited objectives over a short time!) then there is nothing to prevent Future Forward from reforming.

These protests are Future Forward, or the movement which grew out of it. Whilst Thaksin might regard them with a benevolent eye, he is not driving them.

Not saying that future forward is driven by Thaksin. Point was that they should establish a party again. So after the junta is gone a good party can be voted in. I don't see it as a good thing to have an unelected government (again) in power. 

I was thinking beyond the so called revolution (hope there wont be one or that if there is it wont be too bloody)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, clos88 said:

EXCITing at the very least. Im very happy to see masses around the world wake up to what Govern-Ment(e) really is and how it exploits the majority and enriches the few elite. I stand with and for change here...there..anywhere. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up especially in Thailand being its a Monarchy and its history. This is the start of a new direction ...here there everywhere. Its a GLOBAL movement. Out with the cronie governments!

You have list there where you can join, in artickle! GO GO GO......

Edited by 2 is 1

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ....  might be time to get the whip out Khun Prayut .... holding mass rallies or protest during an emergency decree is unlawful and illegal and may result in being arrested.

And what’s the whip a euphemism for, Steven? Because last time you stated that snipers being deployed would be “making progress”. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ....  might be time to get the whip out Khun Prayut .... holding mass rallies or protest during an emergency decree is unlawful and illegal and may result in being arrested.

Steven100, are you suggesting Khun Prayut is a whippersnapper?:unsure:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And what’s the whip a euphemism for, Steven? Because last time you stated that snipers being deployed would be “making progress”. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

I didn't say anything about snipers .... you did !   Stop putting words in my posts that weren't mentioned by me. Anyway, when one starts ' cracking the whip '  it means one starts getting things going, action, moving.

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I didn't say anything about snipers .... you did !   Stop putting words in my posts that weren't mentioned by me. Anyway, when one starts ' cracking the whip '  it means one starts getting things going, action, moving.

I didn’t say you did say anything about snipers. I merely pointed out then when someone else did; you said it would be “making progress”. 

The post is still there for everyone to see.