Aggressive soi dog bit my dog

FarangSerbia

On 7/22/2020 at 9:16 AM, FarangSerbia said:

The attacking dog is fed by a neighbor on the street, who will naturally deny it's her dog. 

If a dog causes problems , no Thai will open up to owning it. You kill it, they will will be fighting each other to say its theirs for compensation

• Like 2

The dog did not choose to be a stray and deserves more compassion than is shown by many posters here. Why does the woman feed the dog? Because she owned it as a pup then put it on the street when it was no longer cute and lovable? Or because she feels she will gain merit by feeding it? Suggestions of befriending the dog are morally far more acceptable than rat poison or sticks with nails. I fully understand the dog owner's concern for his two small dogs and he should be able to enjoy a walk with them without feeling harassed. But unfortunately this a country that makes no attempt to control the dog and cat population through neutering programs, as a result of which dogs are forced to fend for themselves in the streets. It's a dilemma and I hope the owner can find a solution that doesn't involve cruelty and suffering for the unfortunate stray.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, Samui875 said:

I walk everyday with my dog, an around here where i walk are a lots

of "free" running dogs. I have a bigger dog (bangkaew), but hes still young around 8 months.

They come always in a pack 5-7 dogs barking and want/trying to attack. At the begin

i start defending like shout at them and raise my hand, that worked well because they back off.

But its to stressful for me everytime when i walk to be prepared for a fight.

What worked for me:

Its super easy, I took 2-3 hands of normal dogfood in my pocket, if they come barking and agressive. I dont care and keep cool, i take a hand off dogfood and throw it around to them

like I would feed some birds. At the begin they was surprised "what is this, whats going on?"

But the first one starts to eat the others follow, they totaly ignor me and my dog.

(I guess they dont get enough food anyway from the "owner").

I did this for about 1 week (day number 2-4 they still barking but you will notice the difference, the agressive behavior will go down), now when i come around the corner with my dog, they waiting already quiet and patiently and waiting for some little dogfood.

No barking, agressive attacks or anything else. Even sometimes i forget to take something,

they dont care and be nice, they hope for the next day ????

Hope this will help you, have a good day

Best advice ever works 100% . Dogs aren't born agressive they became like that because of rock throwing children(or adults) stick slinging people . Just be patient with them and don't show you are scared buy some sausages at 7/11 or family or bring some dog food and they will soon love you and never forget you . Those brainless replies of poison and sticks with nails or whatever crazy solution they come up with , Maybe should try this on you people when you come home drunk and make to much noise or when i just don't like your face or attitude . 

Edited by Nanaplaza666
Wasnt done yet
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

They have territories and they protect it and the dogs see it as you have invaded it by shifting there with your dogs. There a frigging pain in the <deleted>. I bought a sensor water sprinkler to keep the cats away, may be try one and set it up on ya fence facing down near your gate or something like that.

1 hour ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I would just like these dogs to reincarnate again, into something like a centipede.

I should hope not. Those damn big a$$ centipedes are more frightening and dangerous than most dogs. At least you can see and hear the dogs.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

60 000 000 Thais and not single of them has a problem with local dogs. 

What would a thai do? Took a stick, smashed the dog over the head. Throw a rock at it.

Do they have a problem with the dogs or not ? ????

There are a few bad dog around here.  They are not all the same either.

One bad dog always went crazy when I drove pass, attempting to bite.

One day I had another bike, the dog totally ignored me since.

But once I drove with the first bike, yep there you have him again barking and biting (in my shoe and wife's handbag).

Another dog crazy and ugly as the night always try to attack when I'm out with my dog on the bike.

One day I walked and stopped at the dog with my dog, she totally ignored him when he barked and attempted to jump.

He gave up and walked away.

I have another dog who has not the heart to ignore and instead insist to walk away, an easy prey and the crazy dogs kept on provoking her.

They are all different, you have to learn them and yours and their actions.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 3:58 PM, FarangSerbia said:

Did you two even read what I wrote? I already tried charging it and kicking it, it doesn't work - it backs off, but then starts the same thing then next day. I don't want to have to do that every time I need to pass this dog, it's not a permanent solution. I am not afraid of the dog biting me at all, it's attacking MY DOGS which are 5x smaller than him. 

I also cannot go around smashing it in the head with a weapon and have the whole mooban hate me. It's just unbelievable that there isn't a service available to take care of aggressive dogs? There are MANY Thai's that have problems with soi dogs, they're just not posting on Thaivisa but some place else. 

Just  go and see the Headman .He can make Dogs/cats People disappear off the face of the earth. 

As a last ,resort to the cops ,but that could mean more trouble for you

• Haha 1

Did you two even read what I wrote? I already tried charging it and kicking it, it doesn't work - it backs off, but then starts the same thing then next day. I don't want to have to do that every time I need to pass this dog, it's not a permanent solution. I am not afraid of the dog biting me at all, it's attacking MY DOGS which are 5x smaller than him.

Here's your permanent solution, don't exercise your dogs there!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, Samui875 said:

I walk everyday with my dog, an around here where i walk are a lots

of "free" running dogs. I have a bigger dog (bangkaew), but hes still young around 8 months.

They come always in a pack 5-7 dogs barking and want/trying to attack. At the begin

i start defending like shout at them and raise my hand, that worked well because they back off.

But its to stressful for me everytime when i walk to be prepared for a fight.

What worked for me:

Its super easy, I took 2-3 hands of normal dogfood in my pocket, if they come barking and agressive. I dont care and keep cool, i take a hand off dogfood and throw it around to them

like I would feed some birds. At the begin they was surprised "what is this, whats going on?"

But the first one starts to eat the others follow, they totaly ignor me and my dog.

(I guess they dont get enough food anyway from the "owner").

I did this for about 1 week (day number 2-4 they still barking but you will notice the difference, the agressive behavior will go down), now when i come around the corner with my dog, they waiting already quiet and patiently and waiting for some little dogfood.

No barking, agressive attacks or anything else. Even sometimes i forget to take something,

they dont care and be nice, they hope for the next day ????

Hope this will help you, have a good day

Well done for feeding aggressive stray dogs.

• Haha 1

If befriending an ill-mannered dog doesn't work, perhaps wasp and hornet spray will help to change its attitude, at least long enough for you to move on.  It causes the eyes to smart, but even on humans does not cause long-lasting damage.

• Haha 1

I have found that a water pistol filled with mineral turpentine to be most effective can be used at both ends but best results are achieved when deposited on rear end. A couple of squirts ensures that he gives you wide berth in the future. May taake a few lessons but will soon learn that you are not to be reckoned with.  555

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, The Theory said:

While you walk your dogs pay attention around you, don’t get distracted by women around. Don’t forget your vinegar or bleach spray.

Clearly the OP control his dog has most foreigners control their wives in Thailand...

I can walk a Chihuahua in the middle of 100 stray dogs and never will ever happen to him !

Blame only your self OP !

Wishing the best to your dog... and maybe to find a owner who is able to manage and protect the dog that he walk...

• Confused 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

60 000 000 Thais and not single of them has a problem with local dogs. Yet 90% members on this forum are completely terrified by these beasts. ???? What would a thai do? Took a stick, smashed the dog over the head. Throw a rock at it. Just stop being a ????. Put yourself between him and your dog. Tell him to f off. They bark, hey charge. Raise you hand and they will run away. Every thai knows that. Yet you coming here every week crying for help. Thinking about some government service coming to help you is ridiculous.

Clearly ! so easy !

But some people are not born very smart or tough it seems...

Thai people don't seem to realise that if you feed stray dogs, you are inviting them to your mooban. 

Then they breed and the cycle continues. So don't feed stray dogs and cats if you don't want to keep them inside your house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, datcook said:

I have found that a water pistol filled with mineral turpentine to be most effective can be used at both ends but best results are achieved when deposited on rear end. A couple of squirts ensures that he gives you wide berth in the future. May taake a few lessons but will soon learn that you are not to be reckoned with.  555

Where can we buy the mineral turpentine?

I also cannot go around smashing it in the head with a weapon and have the whole mooban hate me. It's just unbelievable that there isn't a service available to take care of aggressive dogs? There are MANY Thai's that have problems with soi dogs, they're just not posting on Thaivisa but some place else. 

do not hit the dog over the head or anywhere on the body, thai law will place you in jail. Thai law is very clear, if you hit a human over the head with a stick you will be in trouble but hit a dog over the head and you will be in serious trouble, the law will come down on your a lot harder for hitting the dog. Some one mention feeding the dog with something so it not bark anymore, common thai way of dealing with a dog

• Like 1