Aggressive soi dog bit my dog

FarangSerbia

I'll address some of the replies here. 

Many posters seem to think that this is a regular soi dog, which I assure you is not the case. I never had a problem with any dog in my life, this is the first one. I tried feeding it, it wouldn't eat - I tried feeding it a couple of times, along with 3 other soi dogs in the same mooban when I moved in - as instructed by the lady feeding them. This one kept barking and didn't eat, while others did. 

Secondly, my wife talked on phone to the lady in question (my wife is away right now) and she seemed apologetic, but wouldn't admit it's her dog. Since this very dog:

1) Killed her cat before, and bit another one
2) Occasionally attacks her own dog on walks

She recommends to "be careful" and carry a stick, and beat it if it comes closes. She says, that's what she does. The lady is feeding it for merit, along with other dogs. She feels bad for them. Let that sink in - she feeds it and even pets this dog on a daily basis, but it still attacks her own dogs. 

I walked my other dog today, carrying a stick, and the dog didn't bark or move on the way there, and it hid behind a parked car on the way back. Good enough for now. I also doubt that the law will be on the side of the dog that viciously attacked and injured my dog, if I try to defend it next time. 

Hopefully there won't be any updates to this story, thanks for helpful replies. 

Edited by FarangSerbia
formatting
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MrBrad said:

If befriending an ill-mannered dog doesn't work, perhaps wasp and hornet spray will help to change its attitude, at least long enough for you to move on.  It causes the eyes to smart, but even on humans does not cause long-lasting damage.

To know that you’ve obviously tested on yourself?

The stick.....Thai dogs know the stick.  In Nong Khai I make a short cut through a temple. The fat , useless monks would watch the dozen temple soi dogs circle me aggressively and laugh. I hid a stick at every Wat entrance.....never a problem again.  Dogs know what dogs know. Be aggressive with your stick and be prepared to crack heads. They began to recognize me and backed off. 

• Haha 2

On 7/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, FarangSerbia said:

Many posters seem to think that this is a regular soi dog, which I assure you is not the case. I never had a problem with any dog in my life, this is the first one. I tried feeding it, it wouldn't eat - I tried feeding it a couple of times, along with 3 other soi dogs in the same mooban when I moved in - as instructed by the lady feeding them. This one kept barking and didn't eat, while others did. 

Secondly, my wife talked on phone to the lady in question (my wife is away right now) and she seemed apologetic, but wouldn't admit it's her dog. Since this very dog:

She recommends to "be careful" and carry a stick, and beat it if it comes closes. She says, that's what she does. The lady is feeding it for merit, along with other dogs. She feels bad for them. Let that sink in - she feeds it and even pets this dog on a daily basis, but it still attacks her own dogs. 

I walked my other dog today, carrying a stick, and the dog didn't bark or move on the way there, and it hid behind a parked car on the way back. Good enough for now. I also doubt that the law will be on the side of the dog that viciously attacked and injured my dog, if I try to defend it next time. 

Dear FarangSerbia,

If you are troubled by any dangerous violent dogs  in your neighborhood, I can show you one simple solution to deter them.

Carry a vinegar-filled spray when you walk your dogs.

I will tell you what to do step-by-step.

1-Get a spray gun with trigger and adjustable nozzle choke.  You can get it at most 20 Baht stores.

2-Attach a screw-top bottle that fits your spray.  150-300cc bottle is handy.

3-Fill it up with vinegar(full strength or diluted with more than 20%).

4-Adjust the nozzle choke to be able to shoot straight  7m or so.

Turn the dial to the right and see how it goes.

4-Pull the trigger 4-5 times to get the water into the pipe between the spray and bottle.

5-When that hostile dog approaches to you and your dog, shoot it in the face before it gets too close.

Before you use this against that violent dog, it is better to practice with targets(using plain water).

Place a few cans or pots  in 5-6m and shoot them. 

So you will be able to shoot well when you & your dog face the attacking dog.

Best to pump a few rounds at a time.

Smell of the vinegar is one of what dogs hate worst.

I have used this so many times to defend myself from vicious dogs in Chiang Mai streets.

Once they are shot with this, nasty dogs  usually start avoid you.

I carry it in a handy holder slang over the shoulder when I walk.

My bicycle is attached with the holder to place the spray.

You can easily make one using canteen holder you find at 20 baht stores

You can attach nylon shoulder belt you can get at Indian textile shop in Warrorot Market.

I have attached photo images for your references.

I hope this information will help.

Good luck,

性悪犬画像3.jpg

IMGP0388.JPG

IMGP0775.JPG

DSCN8595.JPG

• Haha 1

•  
On 7/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, FarangSerbia said:

Dear FarangSerbia,

If you are troubled by any dangerous violent dogs  in your neighborhood, I can show you one simple solution to deter them.

Carry a vinegar-filled spray when you walk your dogs.

I will tell you what to do step-by-step.

1-Get a spray gun with trigger and adjustable nozzle choke.  You can get it at most 20 Baht stores.

2-Attach a screw-top bottle that fits your spray.  150-300cc bottle is handy.

3-Fill it up with vinegar(full strength or diluted with more than 20%).

4-Adjust the nozzle choke to be able to shoot straight  7m or so.

Turn the dial to the right and see how it goes.

4-Pull the trigger 4-5 times to get the water into the pipe between the spray and bottle.

5-When that hostile dog approaches to you and your dog, shoot it in the face before it gets too close.

Before you use this against that violent dog, it is better to practice with targets(using plain water).

Place a few cans or pots  in 5-6m and shoot them. 

So you will be able to shoot well when you & your dog face the attacking dog.

Best to pump a few rounds at a time.

Smell of the vinegar is one of what dogs hate worst.

I have used this so many times to defend myself from vicious dogs in Chiang Mai streets.

Once they are shot with this, nasty dogs  usually start avoid you.

I carry it in a handy holder slang over the shoulder when I walk.

You can easily make one using canteen holder you find at 20 baht stores

You can attach nylon shoulder belt you can get at Indian textile shop in Warrorot Market.

I have attached photo images for your references.

I hope this information will help.

Good luck,

性悪犬画像3.jpg

IMGP0388.JPG

SANY0187.JPG

DSCN8595.JPG

Edited by black tabby
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, jackdd said:

Would the dog bite you if you have a treat for him and are without your dogs? If not, then i would suggest:

Approach the neighbor, inform her about the situation and demand payment.

If she denies that it's her dog, tell her you will bring him to a temple because he obviously doesn't have an owner. Record the conversation on video, so she can't claim later that you stole her dog.

Lure the dog with a treat, put him in a car and drop him off at a temple far away.

Yes, I agree--or pay someone with a truck to come round up the dog--or call one of the local dog rescue places to come and get it and leave it at the temple.  I like your idea to demand payment, then when she denies ownership, then free and clear to remove it as it is not hers.

all the other ideas of making friends, spraying stuff, sorry, but all bs--one should be able to enjoy their home without this hassle--yes, this is Thailand and I have lived here more than 20 years in various places around the country and see this problem again and again--rarely ever gets better--a Thai would, as someone suggested, throw a rock, poison it, smash it with a baseball bat type item, but if a farang does this, OMG, it's like the world has ended and they want to talk as if you are the worst person in the world.

Best to go with the idea to have the dog removed--and there are various ways to do that--look to different organizations that may come and remove it for you--that failing, pay someone to drop it off at a temple.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SammyJ said:

Yes, I agree--or pay someone with a truck to come round up the dog--or call one of the local dog rescue places to come and get it and leave it at the temple.  I like your idea to demand payment, then when she denies ownership, then free and clear to remove it as it is not hers.

all the other ideas of making friends, spraying stuff, sorry, but all bs--one should be able to enjoy their home without this hassle--yes, this is Thailand and I have lived here more than 20 years in various places around the country and see this problem again and again--rarely ever gets better--a Thai would, as someone suggested, throw a rock, poison it, smash it with a baseball bat type item, but if a farang does this, OMG, it's like the world has ended and they want to talk as if you are the worst person in the world.

Best to go with the idea to have the dog removed--and there are various ways to do that--look to different organizations that may come and remove it for you--that failing, pay someone to drop it off at a temple.

Everywhere you go you find the same problem but never wonder if you could be part of the cause ?

funny ???? 555555

Everywhere I go and walk even at night I never met this problem but I still wonder why I am so special ❤️

• Haha 1

Why is dropping dogs off at a temple the solution?  Most temples have enough dogs already, to say nothing of the temperament of those dogs.  So shifting the problem to someone else is the answer, it appears.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Everywhere you go you find the same problem but never wonder if you could be part of the cause ?

funny ???? 555555

Everywhere I go and walk even at night I never met this problem but I still wonder why I am so special ❤️

i am not sure i would call you "special"--soi dogs and the problems they cause are notorious all around Thailand, and it is not this guy's fault--you can walk in bliss ignorance all you want, changes or helps nothing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Why is dropping dogs off at a temple the solution?  Most temples have enough dogs already, to say nothing of the temperament of those dogs.  So shifting the problem to someone else is the answer, it appears.

True, but short of that, what is there to do?  I did suggest contacting one of the local animal organizations who might be able to take the dog in--if they can't, sorry, but the temple is the solution for most Thais--why couldn't this guy avail himself of it also, if all other options fail?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, SammyJ said:

i am not sure i would call you "special"--soi dogs and the problems they cause are notorious all around Thailand, and it is not this guy's fault--you can walk in bliss ignorance all you want, changes or helps nothing.

yes sure ! 3 cases of bitten people for millions dogs in the street, and dogs are CLEARLY the problem...

so funny you most...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chuang said:

Anyone has problem with soi dogs, avoid them...dont intrude into their turfs....

so, the dogs determine who can walk down, or ride a motorbike down, a soi necessary to go to someone's home or business?  Yes, that makes perfect sense.

• Haha 1

I've found that firecrackers and bottle rockets work well to quell unruly dogs.  You don't need an arsenal of pyrotechnics to accomplish the desired outcome; just an occasional one should do the job.

• Haha 2

On 8/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, MrBrad said:

I've found that firecrackers and bottle rockets work well to quell unruly dogs.  You don't need an arsenal of pyrotechnics to accomplish the desired outcome; just an occasional one should do the job.

are u being serious?  if so, the other neighbors are ok with this noise>=?

• Haha 2