Is It Time to Pull the Plug  

Gonzo the Face

Can you rent the rooms to expats as studios?  I have live in many a GH long term as they knew me from a nightly guest in the past and knew I was a good tenant....My friend also rented his place in low season to long terms renters....he had long terms renters---daily renters and also a few nicer rooms on Airbnb in CNX

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

What kind of an anology, is that?? Comparing a 25 year old business to some ex Thai bird?? How odd.

..if you start to think its time to go, then youve already answered your own question..i think its a very appropriate analogy.

Sure sorry to hear your position  and sure life will get increasingly difficult for you to operate. You have a great prime location .... perhaps it would be good to make the transition and sell to a small developer?Good luck with your decision whatever and wish you well .

On 7/22/2020 at 1:23 AM, Gonzo the Face said:

The times have changed,

Indeed they have and I can't think of any country where they have changed for the better.

I was watching a couple of vlogs from guys who have spent a lot of time in China but have now thrown in the towel as the country has become increasingly xenophobic.

You could stop or go on. If you are not making any money and it was bad before the covid situation then I would stop. Best not to sink too much money into something that is not viable.

However if you were making good money pre covid there is a chance it will get back better later on. However then you need to have money to sustain yourself in the meanwhile. 

It could be quite some time before there is a profit again. It really depends on the kind of costs that you have. If you have costs like rent that keep going even when closed you have to figure out how much it would cost you to say stay locked for a year. If that is too much and business was not good before I would advise you to stop.

But without having really seen the books and knowing your costs its hard to give a good reply without knowing all details. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, Gonzo the Face said:

I have had The Pun Pun Guesthouse and Restaurant now for close to 25 years

Do you own it?

Would it be possible it close it down and maybe reopen it in a year?

I know that is not what you want but maybe that is a possibility. If you "pause" it then you can later decide if you press play or stop.

• Like 1