Thailand’s flight ban might extend

webfact

Thailand’s flight ban might extend

By TTR WEEKLY

caat.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 July 2020: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has hinted at the possibility of extending the international commercial flight ban according to the National News  Bureau of Thailand.

It coincides with reliable information from sources close to Thai Airways International suggesting the airline will not start international services until December.

The comments were made by a high ranking THAI executive who told a travel association’s committee members it was “very likely that the airline would not be able to resume services in September.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/07/thailands-flight-ban-might-extend/

TTR_new.jpg

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2020-07-23

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not all hotels are closed.  I am headed back to Cape Panwa to stay at the Pullman resort in a Seaview room with all amenities included, 3 meals a day, drinks, transfers to and from the hotel back to the airport.  With the Airfare I paid on Bangkok Airways and the 8 day package it ran about 37,000 baht for both the GF and myself.  Just returned 2 weeks ago from Staying at the Cape Panwa resort same type of deal.

I will book a few more trips from Bangkok to Phuket in November and December.

That's good, think I may check that one out as not been to Phuket in a few years.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

Every cloud and all that. 

I tend to agree. It is what it is. Had an utterly delightful time in Bangkok a week ago. Amazing. Hardly anyone there. A few places were busy. The malls were busy with locals. But alot of people in need. Alot of great hotel bargains! And seemed like less traffic than usual. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

They're supposed to be quarantined from my understanding.

• Haha 1

if that is the case to dec.the next high season will be full of people returning or very bad for tourism in thailand.many are waiting and can not do anything about returning or leaving at the moment.not good for anybody.i was hoping end of the year it would be safe to travel  and get back 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree. It is what it is. Had an utterly delightful time in Bangkok a week ago. Amazing. Hardly anyone there. A few places were busy. The malls were busy with locals. But alot of people in need. Alot of great hotel bargains! And seemed like less traffic than usual. 

I was there yesterday, right in the middle. Traffic was definitely less than usual, seemed pretty quiet - but as you said, surprisingly pleasant. If it was like that all the time the place might almost be livable.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Booked through a company called luxury escapes 

Thanks for the info.

I have about 30,000thb worth of Agodacash from a recently cancelled business trip booking so I will try to use that first.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Let's see how domestic high season tourism is with few around.  Be like 30 years ago when I was in my 20's and came for 2 weeks to Phuket.

Yes, same here although in those days we had more spending power, USD/GBP to the THB,

Is that circus music?  Gosh, how is furthering the flight band going to effect prediction of a recovery by the aviation industry?  Somebody needs to polish their crystal ball more often.   They will let anyone say anything in this circus of a government.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

Every cloud and all that. 

Might not happen again for a lifetime.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Booked through a company called luxury escapes 

I've done a few of their trips, all have been good. Would book Maldives now but .. Thailand and it's quarantines. Maldives has no restrictions in flying in: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/maldives-reopening-july/index.html

World is slowly starting to open up, at the same time Thailand is tightening up. And it's not due to covid, it's the usurpers and students.

• Like 2