Ten out of 151 soldiers return from Hawaii with high fever

webfact

Ten out of 151 soldiers return from Hawaii with high fever

By THE NATION

800_4c9664577b31ca7.jpg?v=1595468499

The Thai Army Combat Team comprising 151 soldiers, who had gone to Hawaii to participate in the Lightning Forge 2020 training programme, returned home on Wednesday (July 22) on a Thai Airways flight that touched down at Suvarnabhumi airport at 5.40pm, a source at the airport said.

Ten soldiers were found to have high fever by airport screening staff and were immediately rushed to Phramongkutklao Hospital in Bangkok to test for Covid-19, the source added.

Another soldier was sent to the hospital as well due to an injury on his finger that required a surgery.

The 140 other returnees were transported to state quarantine facilities in Chonburi province and will remain there for 14 days.

Maj-General Yutthachai Thianthong, commander of 14th Military Circle and coordinator of the training programme, said that the Army will employ strict measures to keep the returnees in quarantine facilities and make sure that no one can slip out. “We have added checkpoints and surveillance staff to monitor all entrances, exits and public areas within the facilities at all times,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391775

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-23

The term 'high fever' is poor reporting. I suggest that it means when checked using a thermometer the body temperature of ten soldiers exceed the acceptable limit. With all the 'rushing' no wonder there are so many traffic accidents.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The term 'high fever' is poor reporting. I suggest that it means when checked using a thermometer the body temperature of ten soldiers exceed the acceptable limit. With all the 'rushing' no wonder there are so many traffic accidents.

The "source" said so.

Source = Ministry of Truth.

More, pure, fabrication to further "terrorise" the general population of Thailand.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Ten soldiers were found to have high fever by airport screening staff and were immediately rushed to Phramongkutklao Hospital in Bangkok to test for Covid-19, the source added

do you find it strange that IF people are screened, they always get FEVER on THAI AIRWAYS

are they spraying something in the air ?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Ten soldiers were found to have high fever by airport screening staff and were immediately rushed to Phramongkutklao Hospital in Bangkok to test for Covid-19, the source added.

So not screened before boarding in Hawaii, having a covid free certificate blah blah ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Maybe wrong time to be sending troops to the U.S. for training.

Wonder who was the genius who ignored the global pandemic and set up this training?!

I don't remember exactly, but they left a few months ago and I think it was before the pandemic,....I remember reading a peace on it,...,and that they where all sons or family members from Hi So people !?!

They wouldn't just send some simple/common military to Hawaii for months paid by the taxpayers !?!?...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, off road pat said:

I don't remember exactly, but they left a few months ago and I think it was before the pandemic,....I remember reading a peace on it,...,and that they where all sons or family members from Hi So people !?!

They wouldn't just send some simple/common military to Hawaii for months paid by the taxpayers !?!?...

Good chance it was mostly paid for by American taxpayers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dap said:

There's a reasonable chance that you are probably closer to being correct than not as Hawaii has had the virus (to a great extent) under control. Since all 151 soldiers were in close quarters during their deployment, the numbers should increase drastically over the next few days, if Covid 19 is the case. There's a good chance that the "high" fever is unrelated to the virus. Either way, test results will show in a few days.  

Exercise Lightning Forge took place circa July 7-July 21, 2020 on Oahu Island. While Hawaii has the lowest expected rates of transmission compared to other states, the military exercise included about 5,000(?) troops likely from any states other than Hawaii. If visiting troops aren't screened for covid 19 prior to entry to the state, it matters little that the state has the disease under control.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

On the other hand it could be accurate...unless you were there to supervise proceedings.

Their only point is to kill and bomb schools.  Now they are walking disease bomb.

This isn't a bad thing.  Next time the world wants to bomb a random Arab village they can send the disease solders.

Edited by johnray

20 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Exercise Lightning Forge took place circa July 7-July 21, 2020 on Oahu Island. While Hawaii has the lowest expected rates of transmission compared to other states, the military exercise included about 5,000(?) troops likely from any states other than Hawaii. If visiting troops aren't screened for covid 19 prior to entry to the state, it matters little that the state has the disease under control.

One of the main reasons that Hawaii has had the disease under control was precisely because of their intense screening policy prior to entry and quarantines after screening. 

Edited by Dap

On 7/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, bluesofa said:

Probably the same ones who organised the Thai boxing event in Lumphini when everyone else had to comply with the law.

I never realised you needed a general anaesthetic to replace a sticking plaster?

Thai General anaethesist at work... yawn! - wake me when he's finished Tearful Thai general says 'don't blame army' for soldier's rampage