Anyone Any Success Complaining to Pattaya City Hall?

carlyai

I am guessing it's best if you find out who has the actual power to sort these messes out, it might be a city official or it might be the wonderful BiB.

Once you find that out then a negotiation is probably required & a fee paid for services to be rendered & a completion bonus.

If your lawyer won't go to City Hall or soi 9 then find one who will.

Even the local Thais know that there always has to be some kind of recompense made as the police & city hall staff are not strictly civil servants in our sense of the word & it's understood that there is an entrepreneurial aspect to their job.

The trick here is finding the right person because you can end up bribing getting advice from the wrong person & you are milked again back to sq one.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

I am guessing it's best if you find out who has the actual power to sort these messes out, it might be a city official or it might be the wonderful BiB.

Once you find that out then a negotiation is probably required & a fee paid for services to be rendered & a completion bonus.

Even the local Thais know that there always has to be some kind of recompense made as the police & city hall staff are not strictly civil servants in our sense of the word & it's understood that there is an entrepreneurial aspect to their job.

The trick here is finding the right person because you can end up bribing getting advice from the wrong person & you are milked again back to sq one.

Good luck!

Thanks. There used to be a Pattaya Expats meeting I used to go to when I lived in Parts. Not sure if it's still going in these times, but do you think their lawyers would know anything or who to contact?

If the Hell's Angels are still here, they're probably know. ????

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

Good luck!

Not sure that is fair. My call/visit to City Hall was entirely successful. No hint of a request for remuneration. But of course it helps if you speak to the right person in the first place.

I did and action was swift.

So I can say that in all of my interactions with City Hall they have solved or helped to solve the issue without any suggestion of payment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carlyai said:

If they don't they'll probably help get rid of the squatters and their menagerie for a nominal amount of <insert illegal substance of choice>.

• Haha 2

Feel for you......would money persuade the squatter to move?.....risky, but worth considering?

Cannot see for the life of me that you will get anywhere with the authorities unless you shell out money to them!

Was tempted to buy over here, but bought back in the UK and use the rent from there to rent here.......can't see me ever buying in Thailand.

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Not sure that is fair. My call/visit to City Hall was entirely successful. No hint of a request for remuneration. But of course it helps if you speak to the right person in the first place.

So I can say that in all of my interactions with City Hall they have solved or helped to solve the issue without any suggestion of payment.

Great, just what I wanted to hear. Can you whisper or PM me the right person's name? 

Did you take pictures and a long detailed letter?

Edited by carlyai

After I was bitten by a soi dog I had a meeting at Pattaya City Hall who are responsible, 3 people incl 1 dept head guy, they listened, were polite and generally feigned interest and did nothing, the dog is still there over a year later. Walking round the building it came across as full of people doing nothing shuffling paper, i doubt I'll ever waste time going back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

After I was bitten by a soi dog I had a meeting at Pattaya City Hall who are responsible, 3 people incl 1 dept head guy, they listened, were polite and generally feigned interest and did nothing, the dog is still there over a year later. Walking round the building it came across as full of people doing nothing shuffling paper, i doubt I'll ever waste time going back

I had exactly the same experience when I was bitten by a Soi dog here in Pattaya. Complaint at the City Hall and nothing happened. Whenever the dog sees me it is laughing at me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just give the dog a few snacks. It won't bite you again. 

What did you want them to do? What if the dog has the support of the local community?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You're right there PSV, I have heard of people getting some success at City Hall but it is when a specific shop has cheated someone & it's fairly straight forward with proof of purchase etc or a signed contract that was not honoured.

When the issues are cloudy then you need an insider to point you in the right direction for the most part.

I was even told that there is a department built just to deal with issues that foreigners have but I don't know if they told anyone at City Hall about it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SidJames said:

You're right there PSV, I have heard of people getting some success at City Hall but it is when a specific shop has cheated someone & it's fairly straight forward with proof of purchase etc or a signed contract that was not honoured.

When the issues are cloudy then you need an insider to point you in the right direction for the most part.

I was even told that there is a department built just to deal with issues that foreigners have but I don't know if they told anyone at City Hall about it.

The department of certain things?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Just give the dog a few snacks. It won't bite you again. 

What did you want them to do? What if the dog has the support of the local community?

The dog was placid the other 50 times i walked past it, it could have had rabies, 4,000 baht later i wanted City Hall to take the potentially rabid dog away somewhere it wasn't a danger

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carlyai said:

So has anyone had any success in complaining to Pattaya City Hall and how did you do it to get some action?

Try not to let the windmill hit you in the <deleted> on your run past  ????

Image for post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have you tried the Ombudsman's office? ศูนย์ดำรงธรรม in Thai. They are there to sort out disputes, or if you are unhappy with a government department's treatment of you or your case. They should have a big office somewhere in city hall. I used the one in my province with some success.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The dog was placid the other 50 times i walked past it, it could have had rabies, 4,000 baht later i wanted City Hall to take the potentially rabid dog away somewhere it wasn't a danger

just give it a few snacks with some special sauce on it ,,it will never bother you or anyone else again .

Myself and many others complained at the 1337 hotline about the extreme noise of a bar every night. After years of complaining and even complaining at the City Hall in person nothing changed at all. 

Edited by Oldie

On 7/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, Eindhoven said:

are you bribed by City Hall to say this? lol

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, scubascuba3 said:

the best officials name is "crossbow"

His helpers are named "arrows"

Put the logo of Pattaya police and the logo of City Hall on the "helpers"

Make mr Crossbow and his "helpers " work silently in the night and early mornings ( from 03:oo)

When finished ,hide mr Crossbow on the property  of your most hated neighbor.

Then wait and be happy.

Good work.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, carlyai said:

Thanks. There used to be a Pattaya Expats meeting I used to go to when I lived in Parts. Not sure if it's still going in these times, but do you think their lawyers would know anything or who to contact?

Have you thought about talking to news websites online? If they start to write about it and ask questions, then something might happen. Even writing to the Mayor directly is better than complaining to City Hall. You won't get further than the front desk. 

• Like 1