Deserted beaches, empty bars: Covid-19 devastates Thailand's tourist islands

webfact

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, I agree.

Looked on Booking com thinking cheap beach holiday ......... lowest price 1,000bht.

End of cheap holiday thoughts, at that price I'll wait until I can fly to Da Nang again.

Flight CNX to DaNang, 1,200bht, bus to beach 20bht, hotel room near beach 500bht, beer 30bht.

Treehouse, an awesome bungalow resort/restaurant is now 350 bath per night for beachfront and 250 per night for non-beachfront (according to the board at their entrance). Not sure if fan or AC, probably fan at that price though. But it is indeed located at one of the best stretches of one of the best beaches, is extremely kid-friendly, free sunscreen, beachmats and hammocks and such, and does some extremely delicious cooking too. The only place I know on Samui to make khao soi. ???? 

Can't promise a 30bht beer though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

More activity in the air today.

Bangkok Airways has put on two extra flights to Samui. Again, using temporary flight numbers. Probably people coming for the long weekend. I know that ours and other villas in the area are fully booked this weekend.

11:05 11:05 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 1131  On-Time
12:55 12:55 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 1143 On-Time

https://www.samuiairportonline.com/flight-status/

I checked booking . com saw some very high prices for the weekend on Samui.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:19 PM, Mavideol said:

maybe this is the best way for them to appreciate our contribution to their business....in the past some of them took advantage of many of us, now they have nobody, they should start to think that after will the foreigners living in are not bad and should be treated with respect..... or maybe I am giving them too much credit  555

There might be a few like that, but sadly id say most have been well taught to blame the farang for everything.

farangs brought the virus here.

farangs fault that everything is closed...

therefor: Its the farangs fault i am broke and out of work.

I must admit to having a little chuckle tho, in the past, we heard about Thai/farang altercations where the Thai spiel

was:

" Its your fault farang, if you werent in Thailand this wouldnt have happened"

well, its kind of in reverse now ist it?

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:13 AM, GwynBleidd said:

Another topic about Samui being dead and you again huh ????

No, not all the bars and shops are closed. The majority have reopened. 90% of the restaurants ive eaten at didn't even close...

Life goes on, and yeah, empty beaches are so nice. 

So, it is dead then? :wacko:

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, BritManToo said:

Yep, I agree.

Looked on Booking com thinking cheap beach holiday ......... lowest price 1,000bht.

End of cheap holiday thoughts, at that price I'll wait until I can fly to Da Nang again.

Flight CNX to DaNang, 1,200bht, bus to beach 20bht, hotel room near beach 500bht, beer 30bht.

Taking the "misses" to da nang or she stay home to water the plants and feed the fish?

4 hours ago, pookondee said:

There might be a few like that, but sadly id say most have been well taught to blame the farang for everything.

farangs brought the virus here.

farangs fault that everything is closed...

therefor: Its the farangs fault i am broke and out of work.

I must admit to having a little chuckle tho, in the past, we heard about Thai/farang altercations where the Thai spiel

was:

" Its your fault farang, if you werent in Thailand this wouldnt have happened"

well, its kind of in reverse now ist it?

Always have the Burmese to blame....