Bang Lamung DLT - Renewal of Licences - Report from today 23rd July

Pilotman

Do you have to stand there in the queue or do you just wait until they call your number that you picked up at the beginning? 

Do they accept a copy of the residence certificate if you apply for car and bike. Original for car and copy for bike. 

Edited by Oldie

48 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Do you have to stand there in the queue or do you just wait until they call your number that you picked up at the beginning? 

Do they accept a copy of the residence certificate if you apply for car and bike. Original for car and copy for bike. 

You have to stand in the queue I'm afraid. They don't call the number, just check it when you get to the desk. 

I had two C of Rs as I was going for two licences, not one plus photo copy. They took both and stapled one to each application form.  One Medical certificate only, plus photo copy. Don't ask me why. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Why are there different lines for foreigners and Thais? Is this normal at bang lamung?

Never encountered this at any DLT i've been to. Everyone lines up in the same queue.

No idea, except that the foreign line took much longer than the Thai line,  as quite a few people ahead of me didn't seem to have the right docs or photo copies. I imagine that it is a temporary measure until they clear the backlog

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Why are there different lines for foreigners and Thais? Is this normal at bang lamung?

Never encountered this at any DLT i've been to. Everyone lines up in the same queue.

What difference does it make? if that is it how it works now that is it. 

• Like 1

I forgot to add.  I also taxed my car, which took about 15 minutes.  When I came back out of the building having done that. The queues were gone in the covered area and the desks were unmanned, sorry, unpersoned.  There is no way that they could have cleared the queue that I had been a part of in just 15 minutes,  so I suspect that the desks were closed at 10:30am.   No idea if they re opened again, but it suggests that you need to get there early in the morning to secure a 'return by date'.   The other, less happy possibility, is that once they have filled all the available dates for return visits, they shut up shop, after all, my 'return to date' is 6 weeks away.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

They accepted 1 copy from me but that was a year ago before the appointment system.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They accepted 1 copy from me but that was a year ago before the appointment system.

yes they did for my original temp licences 2 years ago.  I was a bit surprised that they took both. Maybe it was because I had two with me? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

yes they did for my original temp licences 2 years ago.  I was a bit surprised that they took both. Maybe it was because I had two with me? 

Probably, and as the lady at immigration always pushes you to purchase 2, you had them anyhow! ????

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Probably, and as the lady at immigration always pushes you to purchase 2, you had them anyhow! ????

yes, that makes sense.   Most people seem to report that you only need one, plus a photo copy, like the med cert. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scammed said:

is there any way at all i can pay money to not stand in a queue ?

It is bad. I can't stand there outside in the heat so long. Wanted to go tomorrow. Will try next Friday in the hope a miracle will happen until then. 

13 minutes ago, scammed said:

I don't think so.  They were being very strict with anyone who tried to jump in. Just sit on the chairs. There was an older ( but younger than me!) Chinese lady ahead of me in the queue.  I told her to leave the queue and just sit,  watch me and when I got near to the desk, come and retake her place.  Everyone around me seemed happy with that. 

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I don't think so.  They were being very strict with anyone who tried to jump in. Just sit on the chairs. There was an older ( but younger than me!) Chinese lady ahead of me in the queue.  I told her to leave the queue and just sit,  watch me and when I got near to the desk, come and retake her place.  Everyone around me seemed happy with that. 

It is bad. I can't stand there outside in the heat so long. Wanted to go tomorrow. Will try next Friday in the hope a miracle will happen until then. 

my plan is to try to get an confirmation from mot's services (LINE)

that i wont have to stand in a queue, i have no backup plan, sad to say

1 minute ago, scammed said:

my plan is to try to get an confirmation from mot's services (LINE)

that i wont have to stand in a queue, i have no backup plan, sad to say

Two things, isn't tomorrow the first day of the long weekend holiday?  Not sure about that.  Second, I am sure that so long as you take your place in the queue and then explain to those behind you that you need to sit down, most reasonable people will just let you do that and then retake your place as you get near to the desk.  Most people are reasonably understanding if you have a condition that makes it difficulty for you to stand for long periods of time. I noticed a few people doing that in both lines.  Of course, acting like the macho idiot, I just stood there, and then at one point, after about an hour, my legs nearly gave way.  I then took a chair for a while. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scammed said:

if you have a pink id card or yellow house book, then you book your appointment on line. I did mine 10 days ago and i got a date for August 26th for the BangChak office (Sukhumvit Soi 99). I even watched the video online. I have read that even if you watched the video on line, you still have to watch it there.

5 minutes ago, dsj said:

if you have a pink id card or yellow house book, then you book your appointment on line. I did mine 10 days ago and i got a date for August 26th for the BangChak office (Sukhumvit Soi 99). I even watched the video online. I have read that even if you watched the video on line, you still have to watch it there.

Bang Lamung DLT are not accepting any more online bookings. 

14 minutes ago, johng said:

queuethailevel.jpg.f956c5a84460b589c1a012d07af59af8.jpg

or

chair.jpg.e8b4d103bc5582f818db2bd4b0df8a01.jpg

That means better bring a second pair of shoes with you. Never seen such a poor organization. But here they can sit at least inside. And then people sitting close together without masks. This chair in the second photo would be a good idea now. Could be a great business idea if you could rent/buy one in front of the DLT. 

4 minutes ago, Oldie said:

And what should the people do then? 

You have to go in person and get your documents checked off and then receive a 'report back date'. Its the only way right now, at least in Bang Lamung DLT Office. 

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

I wonder the same, as in hire an agent to do so?

An agent can't do it I'm afraid. at least not legally. Going down that road with a back street agent, you could end up with a fake licence at the end of it

5 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks OP.

I went there Tuesday late afternoon to ask the requirements and was told one original and one copy ok.

I was also told appointment, when I got it, would now be in September but nothing about getting there early. I went straight upstairs and spoke to a lady up there who also gave me the checklist needed to apply and think I will try that again next week now I have all the documents. Can only tell me to come back.........

She also said applying for an appointment online was not possible for foreigners.

About 5 years renewal driving license checklist, do you know if medical certificate is a requirement in Banglamung DLT ? Thank you...

11 minutes ago, PETERHOF said:

About 5 years renewal driving license checklist, do you know if medical certificate is a requirement in Banglamung DLT ? Thank you...

I understand that it is not required, but I couldn't say for definite. 

It is required of course for the first 2 year licence and then the first 5 year one, but as I say, not sure after that. 

Edited by Pilotman