BANGKOK
Pilotman

Bang Lamung DLT - Renewal of Licences - Report from today 23rd July

Very helpful. Thanks mate 👍

Posted (edited)

Do you have to stand there in the queue or do you just wait until they call your number that you picked up at the beginning? 

Do they accept a copy of the residence certificate if you apply for car and bike. Original for car and copy for bike. 

Edited by Oldie

Why are there different lines for foreigners and Thais? Is this normal at bang lamung?

Never encountered this at any DLT i've been to. Everyone lines up in the same queue.

48 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Do you have to stand there in the queue or do you just wait until they call your number that you picked up at the beginning? 

Do they accept a copy of the residence certificate if you apply for car and bike. Original for car and copy for bike. 

You have to stand in the queue I'm afraid. They don't call the number, just check it when you get to the desk. 

I had two C of Rs as I was going for two licences, not one plus photo copy. They took both and stapled one to each application form.  One Medical certificate only, plus photo copy. Don't ask me why. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Why are there different lines for foreigners and Thais? Is this normal at bang lamung?

Never encountered this at any DLT i've been to. Everyone lines up in the same queue.

No idea, except that the foreign line took much longer than the Thai line,  as quite a few people ahead of me didn't seem to have the right docs or photo copies. I imagine that it is a temporary measure until they clear the backlog

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, drbeach said:

What difference does it make? if that is it how it works now that is it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I forgot to add.  I also taxed my car, which took about 15 minutes.  When I came back out of the building having done that. The queues were gone in the covered area and the desks were unmanned, sorry, unpersoned.  There is no way that they could have cleared the queue that I had been a part of in just 15 minutes,  so I suspect that the desks were closed at 10:30am.   No idea if they re opened again, but it suggests that you need to get there early in the morning to secure a 'return by date'.   The other, less happy possibility, is that once they have filled all the available dates for return visits, they shut up shop, after all, my 'return to date' is 6 weeks away.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

They accepted 1 copy from me but that was a year ago before the appointment system.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They accepted 1 copy from me but that was a year ago before the appointment system.

yes they did for my original temp licences 2 years ago.  I was a bit surprised that they took both. Maybe it was because I had two with me? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

yes they did for my original temp licences 2 years ago.  I was a bit surprised that they took both. Maybe it was because I had two with me? 

Probably, and as the lady at immigration always pushes you to purchase 2, you had them anyhow! 😀

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Probably, and as the lady at immigration always pushes you to purchase 2, you had them anyhow! 😀

yes, that makes sense.   Most people seem to report that you only need one, plus a photo copy, like the med cert. 

• Haha 1

is there any way at all i can pay money to not stand in a queue ?

5 minutes ago, scammed said:

is there any way at all i can pay money to not stand in a queue ?

It is bad. I can't stand there outside in the heat so long. Wanted to go tomorrow. Will try next Friday in the hope a miracle will happen until then.