Bang Lamung DLT - Renewal of Licences - Report from today 23rd July

Pilotman

8 hours ago, scammed said:

i got an appointment a few days ago, but apparently

my medical paper will have expired by the time i go to the appointment on 1st so i reckon it expire in 1 month,

i need to get a new one before i go

so you made the appointment with the medical certificate and they told you you'll need a new one when you come back? 

If so, I plan to prepare all the docs excluding the med cert and bring on appointment 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

so you made the appointment with the medical certificate and they told you you'll need a new one when you come back? 

If so, I plan to prepare all the docs excluding the med cert and bring on appointment 

yes, that is exactly what happened, i cant remember which exact day i went but i think i managed to break the 1 month rule by a thin hair, if there is a 1 month rule, who knows, maybe its good for just a couple of weeks

• Like 1

I went today to Phuket DLT and the appointment is for 27/11. 

Obviously my Immigration letter and medical certificate will be expired by then....

As far as I am concerned, it is already "presented"....Can DLT ask you a "fresh" certificate by then? 

I didn't even ask the question, but it sounds ridiculous to ask two times for the same thing....knowing that the second time it will be expired due to the  lack of numbers in the queue.....

Can anyone enlighten me please?/

11 hours ago, snowballthecat said:

This thread pertains to Pattaya and Phuket might well do its own thing. Last I heard of Pattaya was once the documents were presented at time of booking appointment, they did not need to be renewed.... but many are nervous over this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snowballthecat said:

I went today to Phuket DLT and the appointment is for 27/11. 

Obviously my Immigration letter and medical certificate will be expired by then....

As far as I am concerned, it is already "presented"....Can DLT ask you a "fresh" certificate by then? 

I didn't even ask the question, but it sounds ridiculous to ask two times for the same thing....knowing that the second time it will be expired due to the  lack of numbers in the queue.....

see the post before yours #92

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobbin said:

Another poster said the same had happened to him but he had chosen to go today, the 15th. I should have done the same..

I have to admit I did not even consider that as I was busy with something else yesterday but obviously lucky.

2pm slot however looks like the one to go for as I was out of there by 3.25. That timing depends on where you are in the queue to pay at the end as that is when you get a number to have your photo taken/licences produced.

just realized i got the actual papers right here.

the slip i got from dlt specifically states

"4. medical certificate (valid for 1 month)"

and my certificate from clinic is stamped 27 ,

so i missed out by 4 days, my appointment is on 1st

Edited by scammed

HI 

Can someone please tell me whereabouts in the Building you can pick up the applications forms to renew a 5 Year  car and motorcycle license.    ??

you help will be truly appreciated ???? it will stop me walking round like a headless chicken 

18 hours ago, banglay said:

Can someone please tell me whereabouts in the Building you can pick up the applications forms

I believe you can get them at the information desk  which was the first desk immediately to the left when you walk through the door..sometimes manned by a rather grumpy  civil servant.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, johng said:

I believe you can get them at the information desk  which was the first desk immediately to the left when you walk through the door..sometimes manned by a rather grumpy  civil servant.

Don't think I ever filled in my own form, lady did it for me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, banglay said:

HI 

Can someone please tell me whereabouts in the Building you can pick up the applications forms to renew a 5 Year  car and motorcycle license.    ??

you help will be truly appreciated ???? it will stop me walking round like a headless chicken 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't think I ever filled in my own form, lady did it for me.

Agreed. @banglay suggest you don't bother as more likely to cause issues. From memory not much you can fill in anyway and just add your name and phone number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, johng said:

Ya info desk on left as you enter 1st floor (don't bother with a form), but also get a ticket from the machine on right as you enter 1st floor because you need a number for a spot in que at top of stairs where an employee will review your paperwork (Certificate of Residence & copy of passport), attach a form for you to sign & give you a date to return (if you can't be serviced that day).  

In Banglamung, we dont need anymore to wait for 2 months for an appoinment, I went last week and they gave me an appointment for this week.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anybody ask for a date and get it? no mention of anyone asking

I think that's possible because I asked her an appointment in afternoon and her answer was "no problem" and she gave me an appointment for 2PM (1 hour video first, then the tests).

PS: Finally not so bad for people like me who dont like to wake up early in morning, this year I didn't need to wake at 6h30AM to start the queue at 8AM. I came at 2h30 PM last week to get an appoint at 2PM this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, banglay said:

Up date :-  I arrived today 22/09 at 13:20 hrs with all my paperwork in order   get a ticket from the machine   and only 5 people in front of me  5 minutes later handed my paperwork to the girl on the desk expecting a appointment next month ....but to my utter amazement she told me I can do it this very afternoon ...... At 16:07 hrs I left the office with my new Car & Motorbike licence in hand ...  A BIG RESULT   ???? 

You must have been in the same Q as me if not standing behind or in front of me, did you enjoy the video?

Six years validity on the license taken from today date to next birthday, not taken from the date when I made the appointment which was before birthday

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

You must have been in the same Q as me if not standing behind or in front of me, did you enjoy the video?

Six years validity on the license taken from today date to next birthday, not taken from the date when I made the appointment which was before birthday

Didn't see any person with  "H" tattooed on their forehead ...maybe you were in cognito or just shy lol...  PS I was being naughty and playing tetra  and not watching the Vid 

Edited by banglay

25 minutes ago, banglay said:

Didn't see any person with  "H" tattooed on their forehead ...maybe you were in cognito or just shy lol...  PS I was being naughty and playing tetra  and not watching the Vid 

I think I saw you, you were sitting on the left side wall facing the screen no?

3 hours ago, banglay said:

Up date :-  I arrived today 22/09 at 13:20 hrs with all my paperwork in order   get a ticket from the machine   and only 5 people in front of me  5 minutes later handed my paperwork to the girl on the desk expecting a appointment next month ....but to my utter amazement she told me I can do it this very afternoon ...... At 16:07 hrs I left the office with my new Car & Motorbike licence in hand ...  A BIG RESULT   ???? 

At the moment foreigners seem to be getting appointments the same day or the next day, but Thais are waiting about 2 months for theirs.

Mrs C and I went together earlier this month. I got my appointment the next day (only because I needed an Immi letter of residence - yellow book no longer accepted). Mrs C had all her documents in order, but was given an appointment for 25 November.

Also, Thais had to queue outside, but foreigners inside.

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I think I saw you, you were sitting on the left side wall facing the screen no?

So the "H" on your forehead stands for   "Holmes"    Sherlock Holmes .. or maybe you were just a bloodhound in another life lol   ???? 

198479320.jpg

• Haha 1

Today I handed in all required documents and hoped for an appointment after my birthday.

But no. I made all of the tests right after and held my 2 licenses after less than 2 hours in my hands.
I feel very happy with that. In the end I won't need to drive a single day with an expired driving license what might cause problems with the insurance companies in the worst case, not with the police though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xaos said:

so my 5y licence expires on 31 oct, So I just turn in with copies passport anytime before or after it expires now? 

I would go on November 1st or later, then you will get almost 6 years validity on it.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, chickenslegs said:

At the moment foreigners seem to be getting appointments the same day or the next day, but Thais are waiting about 2 months for theirs.

Mrs C and I went together earlier this month. I got my appointment the next day (only because I needed an Immi letter of residence - yellow book no longer accepted). Mrs C had all her documents in order, but was given an appointment for 25 November.

Also, Thais had to queue outside, but foreigners inside.

Hi, Was immigration busy when you went for the Certificate Of Residence? I get out of ASQ tomorrow and plan to go in on Wednesday. But with this Visa Amnesty I’m dreading immigration being chockablock. Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, scotsdude said:

Hi, Was immigration busy when you went for the Certificate Of Residence? I get out of ASQ tomorrow and plan to go in on Wednesday. But with this Visa Amnesty I’m dreading immigration being chockablock. Thanks in advance...

Go in the afternoon to avoid all the Falang queuing up early morning. Desk 9 that does residence certs won't be busy

4 hours ago, scotsdude said:

Immigration was very busy but no queue for the CoR.  I walked straight up to the window, handed over my docs, paid 300 baht, and had to return 2 hours later to collect it.

This was 2-3 weeks ago.