Antavir – a new herbal weapon against Covid-19

webfact

46 minutes ago, French mate said:

Its perfectly ok.
Dont forget placebo effect alone is responsable for 40% of the healing succes. Basicaly only people who believe in the effectiveness of this product will take it, and that alone will help a bunch of them.
As long they didnt add dangerous component in it, its cant do harm, only good.

Not to mention they have a possibility that he do some good other than the placebo effect, even if that minimal its would be a bonus.

Any unproven medicine tends to lead people not to seek real effective care.

http://whatstheharm.net/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, johnnysunshine said:

Great idea if they listed the herbs so we can see about their efficacy!

what they are showing in the photo is stuff in the turmeric/ginger family.  Used in Thai cooking quite a bit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Give it a chance, it might work – many proven medicines originates from herbs – and if it's not working, then always look at the bright side of life: It's probably more safe than drinking bleach...????

Couldn't agree more . By far most medicines are originated from plants/animals , where after research they found it was working and they also found out which compound was the active working one , and then or synthesise it or derive it from it . It is certainly more save then drinking bleach , since that has proven to be lethal .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petedk said:

Give them a chance. There is a minimal chance that they could succeed. 

How do you think penicillin, smallpox vaccinations and so on were discovered? 

I laughed at people eating Manuka Honey to protect against bacterial infections. Now I have read that surgeons spread a very very thin layer on the nylon mesh used in hernia operations to prevent infections. Others have used it in open wounds against bacterial infections.

I know Thai researchers always seem to find the "miracle cure" for everything, but maybe, just maybe one day they will succeed. 

Honey was used as a anti-bacteria defense in roman days as well as vinager.

Taking vitamin D might be just as effective. 

Currently being investigated as protection against covid-19.

https:/research Square.com/article/rs-21211/v1

Maybe a connection between cave dwelling, night feeding by bats that spread coronaviruses and thus absence of vitamin D in their bloodstream because of inability to process from sunshine, unlike humans?

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Maybe a connection between cave dwelling, night feeding by bats that spread coronaviruses and thus absence of vitamin D in their bloodstream because of inability to process from sunshine, unlike humans?

Bats have a very unique immune system, I don't think that connection exists. Vit D is only good until you are not deficient anymore. Many are, so it's not a bad idea to top up a bit in any case.

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Taking vitamin D might be just as effective. 

Currently being investigated as protection against covid-19.

https:/research Square.com/article/rs-21211/v1

bats carry a lot of virus but have proteins that other animals don't have, that makes them immune

I already take ginger and gingko biloba herbal capsules for my immune system.  If you want me to try this new miracle medicine, at least mention what's inside the capsule?

• Confused 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:37 AM, nobodysfriend said:

With this kind of stuff , proof of it's effectiveness is essential .

Why not try Bravecto ? It helped my dogs to get rid of ticks ... 55

Ivermectin  is being used quite a bit in Central and South America and from what I've read, they are having success with it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

Highlights

Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.

A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for repurposing.

Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines.

It works just fine for ticks on my pack of dogs and we are happily tick free.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Ivermectin  is being used quite a bit in Central and South America and from what I've read, they are having success with it.

Highlights

Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.

A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for repurposing.

Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines.

FDA Letter to Stakeholders: Do Not Use Ivermectin Intended for Animals as Treatment for COVID-19 in Humans

The FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine has recently become aware of increased public visibility of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin after the announcement of a research article that described the effect of ivermectin on SARS-CoV-2 in a laboratory setting. The Antiviral Research pre-publication paper, “The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitroExternal Link Disclaimer,”  documents how SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) responded to ivermectin when exposed in a petri dish. This type of study is commonly used in the early stages of drug development. Ivermectin was not given to people or animals in this study. Additional testing is needed to determine whether ivermectin might be safe or effective to prevent or treat coronavirus or COVID-19.

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/fda-letter-stakeholders-do-not-use-ivermectin-intended-animals-treatment-covid-19-humans

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

FDA Letter to Stakeholders: Do Not Use Ivermectin Intended for Animals as Treatment for COVID-19 in Humans

The FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine has recently become aware of increased public visibility of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin after the announcement of a research article that described the effect of ivermectin on SARS-CoV-2 in a laboratory setting. The Antiviral Research pre-publication paper, “The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitroExternal Link Disclaimer,”  documents how SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) responded to ivermectin when exposed in a petri dish. This type of study is commonly used in the early stages of drug development. Ivermectin was not given to people or animals in this study. Additional testing is needed to determine whether ivermectin might be safe or effective to prevent or treat coronavirus or COVID-19.

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/fda-letter-stakeholders-do-not-use-ivermectin-intended-animals-treatment-covid-19-humans

Tell that to all the countries that are using this effectively.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

not a word of the ingredients and google only gives the same article 

2 hours ago, balo said:

I already take ginger and gingko biloba herbal capsules for my immune system.  If you want me to try this new miracle medicine, at least mention what's inside the capsule?

"Which the innovative herbal anti-covid-19 Contains components of the extract of Vap Ca, turmeric and white galingale to help prevent the division of the virus. Beta-glucan extract from yeast And reishi mushroom extract and cordyceps Boosts immunity And turmeric extract, white Krachai helps to stop the occurrence of cytokines that are a leading cause of respiratory failure as well." ????

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Highlights

Human use is not uncommon and used "off label" for some  very nasty diseases.

I have used it orally for suspected microfilaria infection with zero  noticeable side effects.

I have also self administered an injectable  form. That was painful in the extreme ! I feel for animals  who have had a Vet use it on them !

• Sad 1