Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

The only thing they got right here is that medical tourists and film crews are the sort of people with money that the country needs. 
The black hole in the statement is where is the volume going to come from. China will still have 14 day isolation on people returning from Thailand, India closed due to rocketing cases and farangs down to a trickle because of user unfriendliness.
TAT doing what they do best, dreaming without a clue of how to make things happen.

Don't worry there's gonna be a declaration of success from the TAT

• Like 1

I am sure he meant to add, that people had to be a little patient because some embassies especially Hong Kong was overwhelmed by applications from the 50+ people how have shown an interest in the elite visa and it is taking some time to process these applications. ????

You can't make this up, ( or maybe you can)

1 minute ago, Anna Rak said:

I am sure he meant to add, that people had to be a little patient because some embassies especially Hong Kong was overwhelmed by applications from the 50+ people how have shown an interest in the elite visa and it is taking some time to process these applications. ????

You can't make this up, ( or maybe you can)

You can make it up......but you do need a very good imagination.

• Haha 1

And all these many lucky guys and gals chosen by H.E. Mr. Pipat Ratchakitprakarn don't have to quarantine for 14 days? 

Edited by Dario

27 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Open the gates, and they will come. Yeah, nah. It's not that simple. Firstly you've got all the daft rules at this end. Secondly, you can be fairly sure that the tourists country of origin will have it's own set of rules about who can leave, and if and how they can come back. If my income relied on foreign tourists, I would be looking a new revenue stream right now.

And Emirates (which I use when travelling to Thailand) now requires (UAE Government directive) a negative Covid-19 test for all passengers - even those who will only be in transit.