BANGKOK
bamboozled

Car covered in tar...where to wash please?

Take out your phone. Log into Google Maps. Where is says "search nearby"  you enter "car wash". go to the nearest one and point out your problem. If they nod OK. If not go to the next one until...

• Like 2

Just now, VocalNeal said:

Take out your phone. Log into Google Maps. Where is says "search nearby"  you enter "car wash". go to the nearest one and point out your problem. If they nod OK. If not go to the next one until...

Thats a bit complex.:burp:

9 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Thats a bit complex.:burp:

Bit early? It is not 2PM yet? 🤫

I have the same problem from the new road surface near Don Chan.

No need to buy expensive products, just use benzine from your motorbike on a clean cotton rag. It doesn't damage your paint and with a few applications you can remove the tar completely.

• Like 1

I will need to buy more motorbikes and a new wardrobe. There's so much tar!

23 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Bit early? It is not 2PM yet? 🤫

Dont Drink but it gets a reaction.🦉

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks Bill. They might close the place in a hurry if they see me coming!

Right do not go there.  They are nice people cleaning cars there for over 20 years, have cleaned hundreds like yours without damage but really do not need or want you for a customer.  Scrub it off yourself unless you have physical disability.

Edited by Bill97

I ended up cleaning it myself. I bought 5 bottles of turpentine, a gas mask, gloves, and a lot of paper towels and rags. I had to pull off all 4 tires to dig out the asphalt stuck up under the body and frame. It was a bit like a horror movie mopping up blood where it gets far worse before it gets better. That is, the turpentine dissolves it and then you smear it all over the car. It's still stuck on a lot of places but I've got the body and wheels cleaned up. In the light right now, the paint job looks pretty ok. Luckily, it's a 10 year old car and not fresh off the lot. If it happened in a new car, as I'm sure it does, that would really put one in a foul mood. Hopefully, it falls off the tires with a good drive. Thanks for all the help.

44 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

the turpentine dissolves it and then you smear it all over the car.

Very sharp to smear it all over the car.  Did you smear it all over your motorcycle, bicycle and lawnmower too?